How to get 2-Finger (or 1-finger) scrolling working on MOST laptop trackpads

ranova

296 posts in this topic

I've a brand-new Dell M6300. I've installed 10.5.2 Kalway, vanilla kernel, dual-booting with XP.

Following the above tutorial, and knocking the zAcceptThreshold up to 110 produces about perfect results. :blink:

Agree with OP that one or two fingers really doesn't matter... two finger tips do not work; need to put a little more skin down on there :) That's fine, because the 2-finger (iScroll 2) on my 15" PowerBook works this way too!

Still going to drive me nutz in Windows though, as it has the right region scrolling (which does NOT work OOB with FFscroll, and have not been able to make it work). Anyone know how to get 2-finger working on these trackpads in Windows? :wallbash:

-Adam

Hi all, I have this working fairly well as noted but one hiccup:

FFSCROLL DOES NOT START AT BOOTUP.

I dragged it in to the folder listed in the tutorial, directly from the install package. I've repaired permissions several times since then. I get extremely erratic behaviour until i can get terminal open and start it up manually. As soon as FFScroll is loaded all is well.

Any suggestions as to why this isn't working on boot? Kalyway 10.5.2, vanilla kernel...

Hi all, I have this working fairly well as noted but one hiccup:

FFSCROLL DOES NOT START AT BOOTUP.

I dragged it in to the folder listed in the tutorial, directly from the install package. I've repaired permissions several times since then. I get extremely erratic behaviour until i can get terminal open and start it up manually. As soon as FFScroll is loaded all is well.

Any suggestions as to why this isn't working on boot? Kalyway 10.5.2, vanilla kernel...

I have the same problem with my dell 1520, very erratic mouse movement and until I start FFScroll manually. I'm using iatkos 2.0i

Hi all .

Hi have a hp dv6560el.Touchpad v 6.3 ps2

Anyone have tried if this work on synaptics Touchpad of Hp?

It's work if i follow the instruction of the first page of the topic?

Thank you

Hi all .

Hi have a hp dv6560el.Touchpad v 6.3 ps2

Anyone have tried if this work on synaptics Touchpad of Hp?

It's work if i follow the instruction of the first page of the topic?

Thank you

hi,

the synaptics touchpad works perfectly with this patch.

i'm using the hp nx7400 - no problems at all.

have a try

This can't be applied to Dell 1520...

My synaptics-touchpad became trembling >:-\

When trying to open FFScroll in system pref, i get a "Loading FFScroll", and nothing more.

My touchpad on my dell 1520 is fine, I find when I login to Mac I have to stop and then restart the FFscroll service, otherwise it is very trembly. It doesn't seem to autostart, You have to type

sudo killall -9 FFScrollDaemon

sudo /usr/local/bin/FFScrollDaemon

in the terminal then your mouse should be fine.(Those lines just stop then restart the service)

Not sure about your other problem about it no loading up in the system preferences.

Also on a completely different note. How do I get Circular scrolling to work?

(I took this to mean that I could rotate a picture or something by scrolling it around in iPhoto, a bit like the multi touch pad)

Or is this not the case. Anyway your help is much appreciated

Michael

Works just fine here, tks!!

But tapping still don't work... What can I do to put it to work:interrogantion:

I have a laptop HP ze2000

Sry for the poor english.

Tks

Do you mean that circular scrolling works for you? How do you get it to work? What program does it work with so I can test it out.

To answer your question? Tapping can be turned on in the keyboard and mouse section of the system preferences I think. Either there or the second tab of the FFscroll Presferences screen

It seems to be Dell 17xx series laptops that have the completely uncontrollable issue. My 1720 inspiron does the same thing the Vostro 1700 does. Mouse moves north-west only and for every "unit" of motion, a right click is processed. So, 2 users experiencing the issue now, any ideas on a resolution for us?

Thanks

I tired this with my m1330, after all said and done, the whole trackpad becomes scroll enable. And the supposed to be scrool areas (right and bottom part of the trackpad) can not scroll but work as trackpad. It needs to be reserved. I tried to play the maxX, maxY, minX, minY but it does not seem to work.

on my dell xps m1530 i just adjust the zAcceptThreshold to 120 and it works normally again!!

I have the same problem with my dell 1520, very erratic mouse movement and until I start FFScroll manually. I'm using iatkos 2.0i

Man , I tried the Iaktos V2 and have a lot of bugs...

Change it for kalyway and all right!

The V2 is the center of all your problems...

I managed to finally get this all working properly on my Dell M1530 but when the notebook returns from sleep the touchpad will not let me tap to click unless I tap it repeatedly. Anyway to either reset it without restarting or prevent it from happening?

Man , I tried the Iaktos V2 and have a lot of bugs...

Change it for kalyway and all right!

The V2 is the center of all your problems...

I'm gonna have to disagree with you on that. Kalyway wouldn't even boot for me, which is kind of a big bug. Iatkos 2.0 boots fine, the mouse works fine now with FFScroll working and my media keys working. Just look at my sig to see how well iatkos works. The answer.......... Great!!!

The only problem is circular scroll doesn't totally work, but that doesn't matter so much as normal scrolling in both directions work fine

I'm gonna have to disagree with you on that. Kalyway wouldn't even boot for me, which is kind of a big bug. Iatkos 2.0 boots fine, the mouse works fine now with FFScroll working and my media keys working. Just look at my sig to see how well iatkos works. The answer.......... Great!!!

The only problem is circular scroll doesn't totally work, but that doesn't matter so much as normal scrolling in both directions work fine

Take a look and you console and activity monitor...

Hi all,

I have an IBM t43 with a synaptics touchpad running 10.5.1 kalyway. I installed the app as described and found two problems that have already been mentioned in this thread.

1. If you touch the trackpoint mouse it kills the touchpad.

2. FFScrollDaemon doesnt start correctly on system start.

I have (sorta) fixed both

1. The trackpoint doesnt work well with osx anyway so I just disabled it in the BIOS.

2. The whole thing works great when you start the daemon after boot so I wrote a little applescript that runs the terminal command on start.

do shell script "/usr/local/bin/FFScrollDaemon &"

Then added it to my list of startup apps.

Works for me.

Only thing is when osx starts the script engine icon shows in the dock. If anyone has a better idea on how to fix this I would be glad to hear it.

Thanks for the 2 touch software,

Kage