ATI Mobility Radeon X2300 now WORKS CI/QE !

newentry79

248 posts in this topic

Hi

I want to install and try iATKOS 2.0 again, after reinstalling winXP32xPro. So before I mess up again, I have some questions..

Running on ASUS A8Jr, with the x2300 -> there are 2 outputs on the device: DVI and VGA. I have a 22" monitor 16:10 widescreen, 1680 x 1050 resolution.. the VGA-connection is the best option I guess?

So, if I install MacOSx 10.5.3 and install only the .kext from GTOnizuka, it should work right? Or do I miss a step...

I think I'm going to try the last mentioned tweak with the Fn button to switch monitors when starting, last time I installed (about 3 weeks ago), I didn't get into MacOSx, just black screen from a fresh install... So, my final attempt will be blogged here soon :P

• 2 weeks later...

Radeon xpress 1250 is supported in all platforms from windows to linux, but there isnt support from a team for mac.

Will there be any soon ?

Im resting on 2 things Graphics, And Atheros 5007eg wireless, ive fixed everything else ( with help from these forums) THANKS!

i really do apprieciate the effort you guys put in, and well hope theres a future for us 1250 users.

thanks

Hi to all of you. Here i'm another time here, now more free because of the school. Now that i've finished it i can do more things than before, so i think that i'm going to complete my study on X2300 on OSX and that i'm going to get 1280x800 resolution (don't espectate it too fast, when it will be ready i'll post it here as usual :D).

Anyway for now i read that version 10.5.3 and 10.5.4 were relased, but can anyone confirm me if ATIX1000 kext was modified or not?

thanks for the effort, see you soon :2cents:

Anyway for now i read that version 10.5.3 and 10.5.4 were relased, but can anyone confirm me if ATIX1000 kext was modified or not?

I'm pretty sure that the 10.5.3 kext was modified somehow with the whole graphics driver update. 10.5.4 has the same ATI kext.

Thanks Dainix! Can anyone else confirm me if anyone had tryied to modify itself the kext of 10.5.3/4 relase and got some results? If so, what? If not, can you post it here please? Thanks for the support :)

//EDIT: Can anyone post me any information on ATI X2300 and laptop monitor(if using Everest, under Display -> Monitor voice) on Sony Laptops? As detailed as you can (like with Everest and so on). Thanks.

//EDIT2: Here major tests to do for now if someone want. I've found a kext here that tries to do what natit do. It's called LaptopDisplay and maybe is for us. I've grab its sourcecode to give it a shot and watch if something can be done. Until now can you try if with SwitchResX and with DisplayConfigX can you get 1280x800? Just hoping, nothing to be sure...if you want try it.

//EDIT3: LaptopDisplay seems to work with our laptop so if you want grab it here and install it (remember to fix permissions, or use KextHelper). Posting results will be grateful, thanks.

I've tried LaptopDisplay before, but to no avail. That was in Tiger, so perhaps Leopard may produce a better result.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi to all after long time...something has changed in my life and...it's a BIG change :) Because now i've got a REAL mac and i don't know if i'll going to update the driver or to maintain it sorry ppl. I really hope you all good luck into getting to work mac on pc but imho i think that a real MAC is a real MAC :) not only for OS but for all the stuff inside it. I've bought it in these days and i'm really happy of the quality i've got.

I'm really happy to become finally a mac user.

If you want an advice i would tell you all to buy a real MAC, it will be gratefull believe me :) Anyway the hackintosh project was the one that made me thinking of switching to MAC so thank to you all guys.

P.S.: I'll begin to develop some apps for MAC so we will keep in touch, about the driver...sorry no other tryies or study will be made.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi.

I have a Samsung R60plus FE02 laptop, with Ati X2300 card, but my device id is 0x7188 instead of 0x718A.

I tried every method, with the same result: weird images, kernel panics, vertical bars, etc. I never got the right resolution, neither hardware acceleration.

Are there any hope? Or... Is this topic lost forever?

:(

• 3 weeks later...
Here i made a kext for you, there are 2 methods to install it:

1) Install it with Kext Helper

2) Open the console, type this and reboot!

REMEMBER THAT THIS IS ONLY FOR QE/CI ENABLED, AND IT FUNCTION WITH Kalyway, Zephyroth OR iATKOS, it has some graphics glitches and it have to be perfect, but it's best than software mode :(

Personally i didn't get the 1280x800 resolution after adding strings to com.apple.Boot.plist, so YOU WILL GET ONLY AN 1024x768!

Enjoy and feel free to help if you can!

Download it!

Thanks to newentry79 for the method :lol:

It Didn't help me ((((((((( on sony vgn cr31

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...