ATI Mobility Radeon X2300 now WORKS CI/QE !

newentry79

248 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

It sounds interesting, but I've got a LG R200 with the ATI Mobility Radeon X2300 with the DeviceID 0x7211. How can I do the trick? I think I can guess it (changing numbers, and this kind of things) but... What is your opinion?

Many thanks in advance.

Greets.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I have a Sony CR series and have been using Kalyway 10.5.2 for some time now, sucessfully with QE/CI enabled as per GTOnizuka's modified x1000 kext. My problem is now that I have installed iDeneb 10.5.5 (latest version), i do not have QE/CI enabled. Unfortunatley x1000 is not an option on install, so i have used natit (no option selected). I tried GTOnizuka kext on iDeneb, and it crashed not working. I am wondering if anyone has had any sucess at all with x2300 on iDeneb? please? or at least any suggestions i can try?

please help me...

my laptop is vaio CR35G with ATI Mobility Radeon X2300.... using iDeneb 10.5.5... i cant get QE/CI supported..... hav anyone succeed...?

i've tried all suggestions.... but none succeed.... :wacko:

i can only get 1280x800x32 resolution by adding :

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>"1280x800x32"</string>

in com.apple.Boot.plist

can anyone help...? :D

Hi, I'm new here, I installed leo4all 10.5.2 and I would like to have full graphic card ci/qe .

But I have an ati mobility radeon x2300 HD 0x7210.

And I don't understand which I would choose for intall it.

plz help me!

(sorry for this bad english, I'm a french child xD)

I don't if many people noticed but there are several versions of the Radeon Mobility X2300, i think after AMD bought out ATI which is pretty recent, they updated the X2300 and renamed it X2300 HD and made it support DX10. Personally i Have a Gateway C-142XL with the X2300 HD, a lot of people have the following chip

M64 : Mobility Radeon X2300

DEV ID : 718a

i have

M71 : Mobility HD 2300

DEV ID : 7211

Windows picks it up as the Mobility HD 2300 but I think its the same thing

some people with the DEV ID:7210 were lucky and have QE/CI support being that their device id is listed in the ATIRadeonX1000.kext, so i tried to modify the kext to pick up my card but i get a kernel panic at bootup. Maybe we should wait and see if Apple updates the drivers to support those new chipsets from AMD which I doubt but we'll see.

ps: I attached my GPU-Z screenshot btw as reference

post-22738-1231267929_thumb.gif

my laptop is Sony vgn-cr1 . i can get CI/QE and 1280X800 under leopard. but i can't use X11. so i change my OS to Tiger. and in Tiger i can't get CI/QE but i can get 1280X800 by edit com.apple.Boot.plist. and i can see DVD and MOV . my X11 also work well. but only CI/QE don't work.

The 10.5.5 Qe&CI working driver for device id 718A:

Works on Kalyway 10.5.2 on Sony VAIO CR31S/W with an ATI Radeon Mobility X2300. Visual artifacts appear though. :(

EDIT: Shoops! I get MAJOR visual artifacts (scrambled framebuffer) at login window and a black-out the second I login with this kext. ;)

The 10.5.6 ATIRadeonX1000.kext, Qe and CI working for ATI X2300 ID: 718A

Guys, tearing will always appear, there is a solution on the first post to this, but it´s a minor issue...

Resolution has to be changed on com.apple.boot.plist

Please, use each kext on corresponding Leopard version, a 10.5.5 kext on an 10.5.2 system will cause KP.

Thanks, I'll try it ,and post my result.