• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

Maxintosh

Maxintosh

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts

I know of three schools that upgraded their labs to new computers and Vista OS's where as one school bought all new iMacs. The students hated the iMac's by over 80% after the first term and just were polled again this term and found 95% now wanted them gone.

Made up anecdotes are worthless :P

Deleted

Deleted

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
I can only post what I've read. I don't know if being private schools have any bearing on the decision of the last school, which my children attend, or not but these are the facts I was given by the principal none the less.

Maxintosh

Maxintosh

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
...if a principle ever told me that vista was better than OS X, I'd take my child out of that school ;)

Deomitrus

Deomitrus

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
I don't understand how teenagers or kids could possibly hate OS X. I mean the older generations, well used with Windows, maybe. But a ton of people at my school have Macs. Apple's got the whole "cool" factor that many young ones embrace. So yeah...

Deleted

Deleted

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
Posted Image so would I. She's one of the reasons why they bought the Mac's, the students are why they are reverting back to Microsoft. She just gave us the poll details, but ya there is no point in getting Vista especially with the new Windows OS coming out. With the amount of knowledge that kids now a days are gaining at such a young age schools should migrate to OSX not only for the security standpoint but also for the ease of programming/designing/developing over that of Microsoft.

I'm not one that is in favour of the change for the worse Posted Image but I thought I'd share the norm around here in our schools.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy