Ladies and lads I would like to introduce to you a functioning ALC262 driver

bronxboyXXX

232 posts in this topic

Thanks Kizwan... I look forward to comparing the kext that you will hopefully generate for me with The Kings guide & my codec dump to see exactly what it's all about... All I can say is I'm gonna need a *hitload of black coffee to keep my brain awake after having a quick glimpse at the The King's guide :-)

Hi egnm1969,

Please try this driver & let me know if it is working or not.

AppleHDA_ALC260_egnm1969.10.5.6.pkg.zip

(EDIT: Don't try. Not working)

Good luck. :)

kizwan

@Kizwan - Well after trying last night on a couple of fresh builds and making sure that I ran disk permissions after the installation & before it rebooted (and for that matter I even tried running disk permissions after it rebooted), I'm afraid it didn't work. I even made sure that that these files (ALCinject.kext, HDAEnabler.kext, AppleAzaliaAudio.kext) weren't already there before I ran the installation. To summarize using the format that was quoted earlier in this Topic...

internal speakers=no

headphones=no

digital out=n/a

Mic=no

Any ideas ? :)

Thanks

@Kizwan - Well after trying last night on a couple of fresh builds and making sure that I ran disk permissions after the installation & before it rebooted (and for that matter I even tried running disk permissions after it rebooted), I'm afraid it didn't work. I even made sure that that these files (ALCinject.kext, HDAEnabler.kext, AppleAzaliaAudio.kext) weren't already there before I ran the installation. To summarize using the format that was quoted earlier in this Topic...

internal speakers=no

headphones=no

digital out=n/a

Mic=no

Any ideas ? :)

Thanks

I have made minor adjustment. Please test your internal speaker, headphones & line out.

kizwan

@kizwan - Sorry to say but no joy with this update either. No sound anywhere and nothing showed up in the Sound Preference section of System Preferences either... Doh !! :rolleyes:

Can you send me system.log (/var/log/system.log) file? Thank you.

Hi kizwan! I'm glad to see that im not alone! I have same problem with Sony VGN-FJ3SR ALC260 sound on board. Worked (with targa patch 1.20 - only headphones silmeanosly with speakers, no mics no line-in) before i change ideneb 1.3 10.5.5 to XXX 10.5.6. After applayn patch on 10.5.6 - kernel panic... And begin my story... :) I try also your kexts with - and out modifications (i try change pinkconfig, i use binar patch AppleHDA found 3d6202ec10 - replase with 3d6002ec10 and ets..) =0 I see in systemlog: kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != setupHostInterrupt ()" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-162.1.37/AppleHDAController/AppleHDAController.cpp" at line 253 goto Exit . Tarugas patch use old HDA ver 1.4 (exist insade patch) On this version kext AppleHDAController anather then in yurs relise 1.6.2a37! In older version needed insert IOPCIPrimaryMatch - vendorID 0x26688086. In new relise i cannot found it... Or next point - relise 10.5.5. and 10.5.6. difer applesmbios - EFI! Maybe problem from that way... I tray diferent smbios - not result!! This my dumps mandriva linux, vista pinconfig , svg file... Battle continue! Sory for my bad english - i am russian man - french spoken....

dump0.txt

PINCONFIG_ON_VISTA.rtf

dump0.txt.svg.zip

@kizwan - Hi there. Got your PM's and here's all the info that you asked for that will hopefully help you solve my dilemma... Unfortunately the last driver that you supplied me (Alpha2) doesn't do anything either...

Here's the config of my laptop...

- Internal speaker

- Jack (Green) Headphone port

- Jack (Pink) Microphone port

I've attached a zip file that contains the System.log's for the 3 drivers that you have provided for me so far, and also the kext that you asked for that works under 10.5.2. In addition I've added the codec dump that I use with Taruga's v1.20 patcher under 10.5.2. As you'll see that codec dump doesn't even match the one that I managed to output using Knoppix, so you'll see the dilemma I'm having :)

If you need anything else, then please let me know & again thanks very much for you help :)

Files.zip

Hi guys,

@egnm1969 - I have post new driver for testing over here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1128856

@bobbygun - See you there.

For those who trying to get ALC260 working, please continue our conversation over here because this thread is for ALC262 & I don't want to flooding it with posts that not related with ALC262. :hysterical: See you there.

Thank you.

kizwan

Hi AleSoft,

I have patched AppleHDA.kext for your ALC260 according to your codec dump file. Please try & report back if it is working or not.

You can install it by using kexthelper or using my install script (InstallAppleHDA_ALC260) in the ALC260 folder. If you decided want to use my install script, make sure you unpack the zip file at your Desktop or it will not working. If you don't believe my install script please use kexthelper to install it instead.

The content of the install script (InstallAppleHDA_ALC260):-

#!/bin/bash
   sudo mkdir /BackupExtensions
   sudo mv /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext /BackupExtensions/
   sudo cp -R ~/Desktop/ALC260/AppleHDA.kext /System/Library/Extensions/
   sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext
   sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext
   sudo mv /System/Library/Extensions/ALCinject.kext /BackupExtensions/
   sudo mv /System/Library/Extensions/HDAEnabler.kext /BackupExtensions/
   sudo mv /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext /BackupExtensions/
   sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions.mkext
   echo "Please Reboot"

If you use kexthelper to install it, please make sure this kexts are not in your /System/Library/Extensions/ folder or it will not working:-

1) ALCinject.kext

2) HDAEnabler.kext

3) AppleAzaliaAudio.kext

Good luck. :P

kizwan

EDIT: I patched original 10.5.6 AppleHDA.kext for ALC260

ALC260.zip

IOHDAudioCodecVendorID - 0x10ec0260

IOPCIPrimaryMatch - 0x269A8086

ple can u help me my x5000xvn motherbord

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I updated to 10.5.7 on my m9040n HP tower and R20 toshiba. The toshiba has the ALC262 audio, and it still doesn't work. I tried rolling back to the appleHDA kext I used successfully from 10.5.5 but nothing seems to work. Any advice related to the 262 would be appreciated.

I tried the voodoo hda but I kept gettig registery errors and couldn't figure out how to run or use the dump helper app.

This is so irritating, I hope it get sorted before snowleopard!

kenny

ALC262 working good with VoodooHDA on 10.5.6: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=161638

Give it a try!

hey there, did you just install the kext and the preference panel, precompiled or did you use Xcode to compile a solution on your machine? Does this need to have some sort of dump added to it to make it work on the alc262?

thanks for any more info regarding your specific process.

kenny

• 1 month later...

Hi

I've Samsung R510 AS02 laptop with ALC262 (internal: MIC and Speakers, external: IN and OUT). I've tried many kext (from this topic and from this and this) but never got in System Profiler good info.

Is it a problem with HDAEnabler or AppleHDA?

Anybody knows how to resolve this problem?

Codec: Realtek ALC262

Address: 0

Vendor Id: 0x10ec0262

Subsystem Id: 0x144dc042

Revision Id: 0x100202

ALC262_SamsungR510AS02_codec_0_dump_Mandriva_2009.1_One.txt

ALC262PinConfigOverrideVerbsVista.txt

• 2 weeks later...

seems that nobody like me wiz lenovo f41 at2390,the version OS of my laptop is iatkos 10.5.5,everytime i have to put it to sleep to get audio back on,such a pain ,and no headphone,mic ,just output,totally drives me crazy,i tried alcinject .kext and appleHDA.kext,but it doesnot work at all,no response ,no nothing .

i doubt the pins are the main point,and i donot how to modify them :thumbsup_anim:

just inform me of the updated news,thanks an awful lot

• 2 weeks later...
I have a Lenovo Y410 it makes me want to die =(

no audio no matter what I do, im going to fresh install, mach kernel and try again

Hi, I'm using Lenovo 3000 Y410 same model like you. I've download ALC262-837.zip extract and use Kext Helper to install kext.

To get Y410 sound works.

1. Turn off web cam by pressing fn+esc

2. Put Y410 to sleep mode by pressing fn+f1

3. Wake up from sleep by pressing any key.

4. Sound, bluetooth and wireless will start up to work.

Speaker out is default selected, Headphone works by selected in sound preference (Not just put Headphone into the jack).

Goodluck

seems that nobody like me wiz lenovo f41 at2390,the version OS of my laptop is iatkos 10.5.5,everytime i have to put it to sleep to get audio back on,such a pain ,and no headphone,mic ,just output,totally drives me crazy,i tried alcinject .kext and appleHDA.kext,but it doesnot work at all,no response ,no nothing .

i doubt the pins are the main point,and i donot how to modify them :poster_oops:

just inform me of the updated news,thanks an awful lot

I would like to share knowledge from my Lenovo Y410 or F41 in Chinese model.

1. I using Taruga HDA patch 1.20 with ALC262-837.txt

2. After installed and reboot, I installed the ALC262-837.zip using Kext Helper, then reboot.

3. Turn off web-cam (fn+esc), and put to sleep mode (fn+f1)

4. Wake up and sound should work. Headphone work by select Headphone in sound preference, then plug headphone into the jack.

5. Mic internal not works, but external mic works through the mic jack.

Good luck.

• 2 months later...

I have installed kalway 10.5.2 onto my machine which has a intel d915gux board. It comes with onboard sound, which is:

Realtek HD Audio = VEN: 8086 & DEV: 2668

what zip should i select? or is thier another way i can install these drivers...?

please let me know...

thanks

Hi guys. I know it's been a while & I see that a lot has been going on in here. All I can say is I'm proud of you all for picking up where i left off.

Hello everyone,

So I used Codecgraph (thanks for the suggestion) + Graphviz and studied my sound card's pin layout. Then I took a look at BronxBoy's modifications he made to Info.plist in AppleHDA.kext, and this attached AppleHDA.kext is what I came up with it. If you choose to use it, make sure you repair your permissions before you reboot, and make sure the output is set to "Headphones" in your "System Preferences -> Sound". (Disclaimer: this kext is provided with no guarantee of success.) Headphone output works, but outputs simultaneously to the speakers. Better than no headphones at all. Line In works for the Mic.

This next part is important. If you're a Lenovo laptop user like me (see sig for details), you need to be using the vanilla kernel. If you're using Netkas' kernel (and I may assume any other ToH kernel), when you try and sleep, it won't wake up. With the vanilla kernel, sleep doesn't work, BUT that's to your advantage with the Lenovo. For some reason, when you invoke sleep, it will wake up moments later and bang! there's the audio.

You may hear some buzzing out of your speakers when nothing happens for awhile. I don't know why. If you change the volume or your playing something it goes away. Also, if you make sure your computer isn't buzzing before you shut down, it will shutdown all the way. If it's buzzing when you shut down, it kernel panics (which isn't seen unless you booted in verbose mode -v) and your trackpad stays lit blue. Your computer's still on and sucking life out of your battery. Then you have to hold the power for 7 seconds or so to shut it down.

Hope this helps. This is the best I can do for now. Any insight from anyone on how to improve this, I'm all ears.

:)

• 1 month later...

hi, don't know if it shows up in about this mac ( it doesn't work in my installation) or system hardware profiler,

but if you have windows installed,

open device manager,

find the webcam, double-click it,

go to the "Details" tab,

and then from the drop down menu named PROPERTY, choose "hardware id", or "device instance path"

it should be written there after SUBSYS.

i hope i helped

• 1 month later...
Ladies and lads I would like to introduce to you functioning ALC262 drivers with headphone, internal speakers & Mic Input support. (AKA) A Realtek High Definition Audio driver.

Update: Choose the appropriate ALC262_XXX.txt file by matching it up to the last 3 digits of your Subsystem ID, Install it using Taruga's patcher :P by dragging & dropping the ALC262_XXX.txt file onto the patcher, rebooting and checking to see if your mic, speakers and headphones are working. If they are you can stop here ;) but if the Mic is still not working then download the appropriate 262_XXX.zip file, extract it and perform the following steps.

1st. go to /System/Library/Extensions/

2nd . Backup then delete the file called AppleAzaliaAudio.kext (if you find it) if not its okay. now do the same to the file called AppleHDA.kext.

3rd. drag and drop the contents of my zipped file into the Extensions folder.

4th. Start up terminal & type in the following commands without the numbers or "enter"

5th. sudo -s "enter"

6th. Put your password "enter"

7th. cd /System/Library/Extensions "enter"

8th. chmod -R 755 AppleHDA.kext "enter"

9th. chown -R root:wheel AppleHDA.kext "enter"

10th. chmod -R 755 ALCinject.kext "enter"

11th. chown -R root:wheel ALCinject.kext "enter"

12th. now brows to "System/Library" and delete Extensions.kextcache & Extensions.mkext. (leopard users will only need to delete Extensions.mkext.)

13th. (for leopard users only!) open disk utility and repair permissions.

14th. close terminal, reboot & enjoy.

I hope this works for you. I offer no promises of any kind so if it blows up your computer don't try to sue me (That�s what you get for running OSX on a PC).

Ps. I realize every chip is not listed such as my chip (ALC262_600). But since all the files work just fine for me I choose to use the ALC262_F00 driver because I find it to be the best sounding driver for my system.

You're the one who saved me!

after months of tryouts, finally your solution made my line out works..

thanks so much!

wish you a special 2010...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

tried the 262_508 and it didn't work. must have been a mistake on my part. am still a newbie to mac os by the way.

I'm installing this on my Toshiba R500 with iPC 10.5.6

I checked my subsystem ID and the last 3 digits are 508. so I believe I downloaded the correct zip file

after extracting the zip file I find 2 folders, one named 262_508 and one __MACOSX

based on your instructions, I need to copy both folders into /System/Library/Extensions. but looking inside, I see kexts and no folders. so I'm a little confused here

what I did was I copied the contents of 262_508 and put it into /System/Library/Extensions and followed the rest of your instructions in terminal

I ended up with no sounds. A little help would be appreciated thanks.