Ladies and lads I would like to introduce to you a functioning ALC262 driver

bronxboyXXX

232 posts in this topic

Ok well I just created a codec dump in ubuntu and used that to patch but I'm still getting sound from the internal speakers as well as the headphones.

In linux I have to mute the front channel (or maybe PCM, I can't remember) to get the internal speakers to mute. Is this possible on osx?

I looked at my system information and I came up with something like this...

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0262&SUBSYS_144DC02F&REV_1000\4&1E3DA4E9&0&0001

Is my SUBSYSTEM ID _144DC02F ? I'm kind of confused because it looks different from what others have...

Well anyways I tried all of the driver files and I even tried to fix the sources but all I come up with is my earphone

and speaker working at the same time. Please help me out...

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

So I used Codecgraph (thanks for the suggestion) + Graphviz and studied my sound card's pin layout. Then I took a look at BronxBoy's modifications he made to Info.plist in AppleHDA.kext, and this attached AppleHDA.kext is what I came up with it. If you choose to use it, make sure you repair your permissions before you reboot, and make sure the output is set to "Headphones" in your "System Preferences -> Sound". (Disclaimer: this kext is provided with no guarantee of success.) Headphone output works, but outputs simultaneously to the speakers. Better than no headphones at all. Line In works for the Mic.

This next part is important. If you're a Lenovo laptop user like me (see sig for details), you need to be using the vanilla kernel. If you're using Netkas' kernel (and I may assume any other ToH kernel), when you try and sleep, it won't wake up. With the vanilla kernel, sleep doesn't work, BUT that's to your advantage with the Lenovo. For some reason, when you invoke sleep, it will wake up moments later and bang! there's the audio.

You may hear some buzzing out of your speakers when nothing happens for awhile. I don't know why. If you change the volume or your playing something it goes away. Also, if you make sure your computer isn't buzzing before you shut down, it will shutdown all the way. If it's buzzing when you shut down, it kernel panics (which isn't seen unless you booted in verbose mode -v) and your trackpad stays lit blue. Your computer's still on and sucking life out of your battery. Then you have to hold the power for 7 seconds or so to shut it down.

Hope this helps. This is the best I can do for now. Any insight from anyone on how to improve this, I'm all ears.

AppleHDA.kext_ALC262_Lenovo_3000_Y410.zip

Hi Bronxboy,

Hoping to get some help on this issue. :)

I have an Acer RC-550 that comes with an 'Integrated Realtek ALC880 Audio Codec with S/PDIF Output', according to the Acer website. :blink:

I'm running Kalyway's Leo 10.5.2.

I tried using your ALC262_800 drivers but nothing seems to be working. :wacko:

Here's what i did:

1. Install the ALC262_800.txt with Taruga's patcher [still no sound]

1st. go to /System/Library/Extensions/

2nd . Backup then delete the file called AppleAzaliaAudio.kext and AppleHDA.kext.

3rd. drag and drop the contents of my zipped file into the Extensions folder.

4th. Start up terminal & type in the following commands without the numbers or "enter"

5th. sudo -s "enter"

6th. Put your password "enter"

7th. cd /System/Library/Extensions "enter"

8th. chmod -R 755 AppleHDA.kext "enter"

9th. chown -R root:wheel AppleHDA.kext "enter"

10th. chmod -R 755 ALCinject.kext "enter"

11th. chown -R root:wheel ALCinject.kext "enter"

12th. browse to "System/Library" and delete Extensions.mkext.

13th. open disk utility and repair permissions.

14th. close terminal, reboot & enjoy.

3. Checked System Preferences>Sound, but i'm told there's no input nor output devices found.

I've already tried this 3 times, twice on 'root' and once on my own admin account.

Followed the instructions step-by-step but still to no avail. Please help! :(

Thanks! :)

Hi Bronxboy,

Hoping to get some help on this issue. :)

I have an Acer RC-550 that comes with an 'Integrated Realtek ALC880 Audio Codec with S/PDIF Output', according to the Acer website. :wacko:

I'm running Kalyway's Leo 10.5.2.

I tried using your ALC262_800 drivers but nothing seems to be working. :)

Here's what i did:

1. Install the ALC262_800.txt with Taruga's patcher [still no sound]

3. Checked System Preferences>Sound, but i'm told there's no input nor output devices found.

I've already tried this 3 times, twice on 'root' and once on my own admin account.

Followed the instructions step-by-step but still to no avail. Please help! :)

Thanks! :)

Hello sir or madam,

This thread was established for ALC262 audio hardware troubleshooting. You have an ALC880. Feel free to follow these instructions which will start you out on the right path:

1) Get your codec dump via KNOPPIX. (See metajames' post).

2) Get Taruga's AppleHDAPatcher (Version 1.20). Drop your codec dump onto the patcher.

3) Before rebooting, open "Disk Utility" and repair the permissions on your Leopard installation.

4) Reboot.

You can also check Taruga's new wiki to see if your hardware has already been patched.

If you're not satisfied with the results, consider using codecgraph + graphviz. Study the pin complex layout and reference BronxBoy's earlier post on how he/she changed Info.plist in AppleHDA.kext to gain the required result. I did and experienced some success (speakers, headphone, line-in works, but speakers and headphone outpout at same time).

Otherwise, consider giving Insanelymac's search engine another go for "alc880". If that doesn't work, use Google (specifically this "alc880 site:insanelymac.com" without quotes, of course).

Hello sir or madam,

This thread was established for ALC262 audio hardware troubleshooting. You have an ALC880. Feel free to follow these instructions which will start you out on the right path:

1) Get your codec dump via KNOPPIX. (See metajames' post).

2) Get Taruga's AppleHDAPatcher (Version 1.20). Drop your codec dump onto the patcher.

3) Before rebooting, open "Disk Utility" and repair the permissions on your Leopard installation.

4) Reboot.

You can also check Taruga's new wiki to see if your hardware has already been patched.

If you're not satisfied with the results, consider using codecgraph + graphviz. Study the pin complex layout and reference BronxBoy's earlier post on how he/she changed Info.plist in AppleHDA.kext to gain the required result. I did and experienced some success (speakers, headphone, line-in works, but speakers and headphone outpout at same time).

Otherwise, consider giving Insanelymac's search engine another go for "alc880". If that doesn't work, use Google (specifically this "alc880 site:insanelymac.com" without quotes, of course).

Oops, my bad.

Thanks for the help, I'll go try Taruga's patcher. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I was finally able to find a work-around for my audio working improperly issue. I have Leo4all V.2 installed on my Acer Extensa 4420 series notebook, after install no audio and no ethernet, and the install wont see my SATA drives after install so I install to a flash drive instead. I can live with out the ethernet since wireless is working, so back to the audio. I went through every audio patch I could find from around this site and the only one that came close is the "alc268" installer. I get all controls and options with this patch, but the audio is all scrambled and choppy. I found a work-around by chance, when I plug in my webcam and switch the default mic to the camera's mic, WAAA LAA, the audio is crystal clear. Trick is you cannot unplug the webcam or close the audio control panel window (just minimize it) without the audio reverting back to its previous state. Works for now, be nice if someone had a fix for this.

Overall I cannot complain.

The only real issues I have are the audio, ethernet, and the fact the installer sees my SATA hard drive good enough to install on, but wont "see" the SATA drive after installation.

Well thats my 2 cents of experience, lol.

I appreciate any feedback.

Nick.

having read through this thread I have found that many people are having my Problem.

I get audio out of my Speakers as well as my phones jack or no Audio @ all.

is there an effective way to solve this yet??

I am including a copy of my Codec dump.

I would be greatful for any help

codec_0.txt

Hi:

I've a Realtek 262 audio on my sony vaio nr270, subsystem is 104D2800. The built-in speaker works out of the box, but the headphone and mic don't. I've tried the 800 series attached files, but doesn't work. Here are some specs

From Windows Device manager, I got

sound card: realtek HDAUDIO

\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0262&SUBSYS_104D2800&REV_1001

I've tried AzaliaAudio, which works but w/o headphone and mic.

The attached file will make the headphone & mic shows up in system-preference pane, but it still won't work.

Any help is greatly appreciated! :)

How do I figure out which driver I need? I dont know where I find my sub system ID, or what ever it is I need to figure out. The only thing I could find was under Audio, and it shows the Device ID is 0x103C300CC.

Its for a HP DV 9700t, with dual microphones, dual headphone jacks, and stereo speakers. Thats all I know to say, except I just know it shows up in Vista as HD-Audio.

Ladies and lads I would like to introduce to you functioning ALC262 drivers with headphone, internal speakers & Mic Input support. (AKA) A Realtek High Definition Audio driver.

Update: Choose the appropriate ALC262_XXX.txt file by matching it up to the last 3 digits of your Subsystem ID, Install it using Taruga's patcher :wacko: by dragging & dropping the ALC262_XXX.txt file onto the patcher, rebooting and checking to see if your mic, speakers and headphones are working. If they are you can stop here :) but if the Mic is still not working then download the appropriate 262_XXX.zip file, extract it and perform the following steps.

1st. go to /System/Library/Extensions/

2nd . Backup then delete the file called AppleAzaliaAudio.kext (if you find it) if not its okay. now do the same to the file called AppleHDA.kext.

3rd. drag and drop the contents of my zipped file into the Extensions folder.

4th. Start up terminal & type in the following commands without the numbers or "enter"

5th. sudo -s "enter"

6th. Put your password "enter"

7th. cd /System/Library/Extensions "enter"

8th. chmod -R 755 AppleHDA.kext "enter"

9th. chown -R root:wheel AppleHDA.kext "enter"

10th. chmod -R 755 ALCinject.kext "enter"

11th. chown -R root:wheel ALCinject.kext "enter"

12th. now brows to "System/Library" and delete Extensions.kextcache & Extensions.mkext. (leopard users will only need to delete Extensions.mkext.)

13th. (for leopard users only!) open disk utility and repair permissions.

14th. close terminal, reboot & enjoy.

I hope this works for you. I offer no promises of any kind so if it blows up your computer don't try to sue me (That's what you get for running OSX on a PC).

Ps. I realize every chip is not listed such as my chip (ALC262_600). But since all the files work just fine for me I choose to use the ALC262_F00 driver because I find it to be the best sounding driver for my system.

HI and Thanks for this, bit confused though I better post my Device ID as I don't seem to make it happen sadly:

I got: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0262&SUBSYS_104D1600 and this should say that I definitely got an ALC262 codec chip is taht right?

Then I open the UAA Bus Driver for HD Audio and read:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27D8&SUBSYS_8212104D a

UPDATE 2

reinstalled Leo4All v3 backuped AuppleHDAudio.mkext and tried the alc262_F00 with taruga patch 1.20, the patch goes ok (or so it seems) speakers at 20 12 2 and headphone 21 12 3........nothing, no output or input device

Then the http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=263409 mnaul method, nothing

Download every patch and package but the alc262_headphone_speakers zip could not install because of unsouported codec error but manage to install mkext with the kexthelper b7 (??????????) again...nux!

Really desperate now, I may give up until someone can spot me a solution, I'm sure I may miss something but sincerely don't know where i'm wrong.

HELP! :)

How do I figure out which driver I need? I dont know where I find my sub system ID, or what ever it is I need to figure out. The only thing I could find was under Audio, and it shows the Device ID is 0x103C300CC. Its for a HP DV 9700t, with dual microphones, dual headphone jacks, and stereo speakers. Thats all I know to say, except I just know it shows up in Vista as HD-Audio.
Hey steven2k7:if you still have vista, you can look into device manager, and look into the "advanced" tab or whatever, and it will show you a string containing the subsystem information. BTW: you mean you have a system with two earphone jacks, and two mic jacks?
HI and Thanks for this, bit confused though I better post my Device ID as I don't seem to make it happen sadly:I got: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0262&SUBSYS_104D1600 and this should say that I definitely got an ALC262 codec chip is taht right?Then I open the UAA Bus Driver for HD Audio and read:PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27D8&SUBSYS_8212104D aUPDATE 2 reinstalled Leo4All v3 backuped AuppleHDAudio.mkext and tried the alc262_F00 with taruga patch 1.20, the patch goes ok (or so it seems) speakers at 20 12 2 and headphone 21 12 3........nothing, no output or input device Then the http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=263409 mnaul method, nothing Download every patch and package but the alc262_headphone_speakers zip could not install because of unsouported codec error but manage to install mkext with the kexthelper b7 (??????????) again...nux! Really desperate now, I may give up until someone can spot me a solution, I'm sure I may miss something but sincerely don't know where i'm wrong. HELP! :wacko:
Hi justixia:I haven't got it work myself, but you mentioned something I didn't know before, maybe that's the point I missed. The UAA Bus Driver part, how do we use that information? Can you kindly point me to a reference post?Another thing is that, I noticed you have a subsystem id 104d1600, and you downloaded alc262_F00, maybe you can try alc262_600. Since the instruction in the post said alc262_xxx, xxx=the last 3 digit of your subsystem id. Just my 2 cents~

Thanks for the reply simcolor, but I got it figured out. It turns out my laptop was using the alc 228 or something (I'm not at home to check the exact model), but I did get sound fully working. I have 2 headphone jacks and just one mic connector btw.

Hey steven2k7:if you still have vista, you can look into device manager, and look into the "advanced" tab or whatever, and it will show you a string containing the subsystem information. BTW: you mean you have a system with two earphone jacks, and two mic jacks?Hi justixia:I haven't got it work myself, but you mentioned something I didn't know before, maybe that's the point I missed. The UAA Bus Driver part, how do we use that information? Can you kindly point me to a reference post?Another thing is that, I noticed you have a subsystem id 104d1600, and you downloaded alc262_F00, maybe you can try alc262_600. Since the instruction in the post said alc262_xxx, xxx=the last 3 digit of your subsystem id. Just my 2 cents~

Simcolor, thanks for your reply, I was away for a while, the post reference is this http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=37042

as far as the ALC262_600 text you are right, I should try it, but I cannot spot the 600 text anywhere. is not in this post, the author of this post is using the F00 instead and he's got the alC262_600

Also made a dump out of my card and still not working......

Now I'm running iAtkos 1.0ir2 and got sound working with this release but I cannot check what drivers is using because the 'about this mac' does reset me back to the desktop and can't figure out, unless there is another way of checking it. Would like to update to 10.5.3 but scared to loose the sound

cheers :(

Is there a third party app that will allow me to control the volume of andividual channels?

I want to mute the front channel so I don't have sound from both my laptop speakers and external speakers

Yes, I am having the same problem: the headphone and internal speaker are producing sound together.

• 2 weeks later...