[Compilation] Dell XPS M1330, M1530, Vostro 1400, 1700, Inspiron 1420, 1520, 1720

macgirl

4,332 posts in this topic

Fixed this, by just reinstalling everything -_- . I'm sticking to 10.5.2.

Now i'm trying to get sleep to work on my 1520. I put the EHCISleepEnabler and ClamshellDisplay kexts in the extensions folder and repaired permissions. I edited EHCISleepEnabler kext (added the lines which superhai said to add) before placing it in the extensions folder. Now my laptop goes to sleep when I close the lid, but doesn't wake up when I open the lid. :( Can anyone help.

If you installed Superhai's ACPIBattery (and removed AppleACPIPowerSource), it won't wake up when you open the lid.

If you installed Superhai's ACPIBattery (and removed AppleACPIPowerSource), it won't wake up when you open the lid.

I'm confused - If that's what happens when you install ACPIBattery and remove AppleACPIPowerSource, no longer being able to sleep and wake after a lid close, why would anyone want to install it? One of the most important features to me of a laptop is to be able to close the lid to sleep and open to wake.

Guess I need to go back and remove ACPIBattery and find another way to get a working battery indicator and a working open/close lid sleep then...

I'm confused - If that's what happens when you install ACPIBattery and remove AppleACPIPowerSource, no longer being able to sleep and wake after a lid close, why would anyone want to install it? One of the most important features to me of a laptop is to be able to close the lid to sleep and open to wake.

Guess I need to go back and remove ACPIBattery and find another way to get a working battery indicator and a working open/close lid sleep then...

When you remove the AppleACPIPowerSource, i think you lose the ability to wake up with lid open (you can still wake it from power button). It is recommended to remove it when using the new Battery kexts (ACPIBattery and AppleACPIBatteryManager) which allows using vanilla PowerManagement.bundle and gives whole bunch of information about battery in system profiler.

I don't use the ClamshellDisplay personally, I don't like the system to go to sleep when I close the lid, it automatically turns the display off when I close the lid.

You had such issue? It is working flawless for me, so this makes me curious...

Did some testing, looks like wake up with lid open doesn't work with vanilla PM.bundle.

modified PM.bundle - works

ACPIBattery (no PowerSource) + modified PM.bundle (just to test) - works

ACPIBattery (no PowerSource) + vanilla PM.bundle - doesn't work

Edit: Nm, figured it out. Pulled the vanilla PM.bundle from combo update, but apparently Resources didn't get updated, so it didn't came with Resources\com.apple.SystemPowerProfileDefaults. Put that back and it works now. :D

Did some testing, looks like wake up with lid open doesn't work with vanilla PM.bundle.

modified PM.bundle - works

ACPIBattery (no PowerSource) + modified PM.bundle (just to test) - works

ACPIBattery (no PowerSource) + vanilla PM.bundle - doesn't work

I don't have this problem.

Wake from sleep works fine for me with the lid and the power button.

Edit: Ah, just saw your edit, so :D heheh

I don't have this problem.

Wake from sleep works fine for me with the lid and the power button.

Yea, figured it out, I was missing com.apple.SystemPowerProfileDefaults (it doesn't come with the PM.bundle from combo update).

Can anyone point me in the right direction of a complete working vanilla PM.bundle? I didn't save my old copy and I too pulled from the combo update.

You cn install battery meter from my package, it also install vanilla's PM.bundle. Currently, the package install Chun-Nan AppleACPIBatteryManager, but last Superhai's ACPIBattery works better, i will use this one for next build.

@SUperHAI:

i've got one small issue with ACPIBAttery: i have 9-cel battery (7200 mAh), but system profiler show me 6-cel capacity (5852 mAh).

And just one more question, did you Harcoded manufactor info...etc or kext pickup informations from bios?

Yea, figured it out, I was missing com.apple.SystemPowerProfileDefaults (it doesn't come with the PM.bundle from combo update).

Thanks for this big finding, Now I get it why changing profiles or setting a custom didn't work before,

Hey sonotone, I'm using your retail Dell boot image to try and install from a retail leopard disk onto my M1530. Everything seems to go fine until after it loads an NTFS driver, it doesn't kernel panic, it just locks up. The last thing on the screen is this:

NTFS driver 2.0 [Flags: R/0].

That is what is displayed immediately after NVinject finishes loading.

Could it be that the hard drive is currently formatted NTFS?

Any help will be appreciated immensely.

Is there anyone who can answer my question? I've tried both AHCI and ATA, neither worked as well as booting with -v -f both ways, to no avail.

Thanks for this big finding, Now I get it why changing profiles or setting a custom didn't work before,

PM.bundle isn't the only bundle/extension that contains missing files if you copy from the Combo update.

You need to make sure you have Stock 10.5 kext's, then update to 10.5.4 and backup your entire Extensions folder before apply any patched kext's.

PM.bundle isn't the only bundle/extension that contains missing files if you copy from the Combo update.

You need to make sure you have Stock 10.5 kext's, then update to 10.5.4 and backup your entire Extensions folder before apply any patched kext's.

Yes, thanks, I copied PM bundle from the Mac Pro :blink: (everything Vanilla :) )

@SUperHAI:

i've got one small issue with ACPIBAttery: i have 9-cel battery (7200 mAh), but system profiler show me 6-cel capacity (5852 mAh).

And just one more question, did you Harcoded manufactor info...etc or kext pickup informations from bios?

That is odd. It picks up the values from ACPI. Including the manufacturer info. It is not possible to differentiate the individual cells from ACPI, so either it is a flaw in BIOS or in the battery. Try also ioreg -lw0 | grep DesignCapacity, it will show what the battery is designed for, the value in System Profiler is the last full charge capacity.

That is odd. It picks up the values from ACPI. Including the manufacturer info. It is not possible to differentiate the individual cells from ACPI, so either it is a flaw in BIOS or in the battery. Try also ioreg -lw0 | grep DesignCapacity, it will show what the battery is designed for, the value in System Profiler is the last full charge capacity.

ioreg -lw0 | grep DesignCapacity show me 7200 :blink:

ioreg -lw0 | grep DesignCapacity show me 7200 :blink:

If your battery is quiet old or defective this makes sense. Capacity decreases with battery life, and some day it cant charge anymore. But if neither is the case, there can be problems with the bios.

After installing EHCISleepEnabler my USB is very slow. All else fine

My Log:

- extension "com.apple.driver.AppleUSBEHCI" cannot be found

- can't determine immediate dependencies for extension com.superhai.driver.EHCISleepEnabler

- Can't determine dependencies for com.superhai.driver.EHCISleepEnabler.

- Couldn't alloc class "EHCISleepEnabler"

- extension "com.apple.driver.AppleUSBEHCI" cannot be found

- can't determine immediate dependencies for extension com.superhai.driver.EHCISleepEnabler

- Can't determine dependencies for com.superhai.driver.EHCISleepEnabler.

- AppleIntelPIIXPATA: Secondary PCI IDE channel is disabled

- Couldn't alloc class "EHCISleepEnabler"

Inspiron 1720. - 10.5.4 What should I do? Thanks!

If your battery is quiet old or defective this makes sense. Capacity decreases with battery life, and some day it cant charge anymore. But if neither is the case, there can be problems with the bios.

Chun-nan's kext display 7200 in system profiler, but the fact is, with his earliest version, i've got the same error as Macgirl, Charge remaining at 7200 and Full charge capacity at 5852.

My battery is almost new, but a cheap one from Ebay... maybe a manufactor problem.

Chun-nan's kext display 7200 in system profiler, but the fact is, with his earliest version, i've got the same error as Macgirl, Charge remaining at 7200 and Full charge capacity at 5852.

My battery is almost new, but a cheap one from Ebay... maybe a manufactor problem.

What you can try is to do a full charge, then remove the ac cable and wait around 15-30 secs then write ioreg -lw0 | grep CurrentCapacity. If it a value just below 7200 then it is a bios error, if it is a value below of 5852 then it is most likely just your battery that is poor. If you got some value inbetween there you have a flawed bios with a used battery. :P

What you can try is to do a full charge, then remove the ac cable and wait around 15-30 secs then write ioreg -lw0 | grep CurrentCapacity. If it a value just below 7200 then it is a bios error, if it is a value below of 5852 then it is most likely just your battery that is poor. If you got some value inbetween there you have a flawed bios with a used battery. :P

Hey Superhai, just reporting a minor discrepancy with the System Profile page under 'Power'

It shows 'sppower_battery_model: LION' instead of 'Battery model: LION' or is this normal?

P.

Hey Superhai, just reporting a minor discrepancy with the System Profile page under 'Power'

It shows 'sppower_battery_model: LION' instead of 'Battery model: LION' or is this normal?

P.

I have seen that, maybe I will just remove the model string, because it seem like apple have removed it from system profiler.

I have seen that, maybe I will just remove the model string, because it seem like apple have removed it from system profiler.

Yeah, I just noticed that too; double checked Localizable.strings in SPPowerReporter and it wasn't there.

Could always add the string manually I guess :P

Hi Macgirl,

Have you tried using this 'beta' driver for our BCM57XX, BCM59XX (Tigon3 chipset) on our m1330's. Seems like progress on a working driver is in the works:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry811004

AND

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=114605

Thoughts? Experiences? More chatter? (hopefully this will be good news for us in the long haul!!!)

I didn't have any luck with it..