[Compilation] Dell XPS M1330, M1530, Vostro 1400, 1700, Inspiron 1420, 1520, 1720

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
4332 replies to this topic

macgirl

macgirl

Stargate's Pharaoh

• Retired
  • 7,615 posts
  • Interests:Techie gadgets

ok, fixed the loading just with repairing permissions at terminal after deleting extensions.mkext.sudo -schown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensionschmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensionsstill no sound. and the codec drops still say * detected unsupported sigmatel codeci'm going to work hard on getting my own codec dump, any help much appreciated.ok sorry everyone.found the FAQ section on what i want, just think i need BBEdit to save the file in the right format.ALROight!!!sound works.thx to all. own codec dump had diff specs than that on taruga's dumps. i'll email him mine for others.or perhaps you can just alter the beginning of another dump?>?address: 2vendor id: 0x83847616Subsystem id: 0x1028022erevision id: 0x100201do not copy + paste that, formatting is off, but numbers correct. also do NOT format in notepad, needs to be in unix line break format, using bbedit or some such. i just did my own dump with knoppix live, obviously because i had no way to alter the existing dumps to some information i did not know.thanx to all for your help, i hope that i will help someone with an m1530.

Just 1 post below of the one where I attached my already patched kext Superhai tell us about a new kext for STAC9228, neither of those need DeviceIDs because its patchs, try the new one you can control speakers and headphones, and Mic works. no nned to use the patcher, see Tarugas thread, I comented this on first post.

Hi macgirl, first of all thanks very much for this awesome guide.I have an m1330 and with your guide now i have a nearly perfect install(i bought an dell 1490 for wifi) except power down, stop and reboot :(Do you think that there is a hope that they working with 10.5.2 upgrade?Another little question...Can you send me the old kext for audio,beacuse with the lastest you have posted, my speaker works,but when i plug my earphone they don't stop play. Becausei work in a very silent place i prefer the old kext and audio only trough earphone.Thank you very much.IceloopSorry for maybe stupid question about audio..Only now i discover that if you can go to system preference and sound,in output tab you can choose the earphone audio output that mute the speaker,and you can ear the audio from right jack earphone! Thanks again Iceloop

The kext you are asking is in the psot #33, a few post above.

But you don't need that anymore, the new kext can make the headphones only if you choose them from the system preferences, but you need to use the second jack (middle), also Mic works (but only from jack).

Superhai

Superhai

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired Developers
  • 1,425 posts

Another little question...Can you send me the old kext for audio,beacuse with the lastest you have posted, my speaker works,but when i plug my earphone they don't stop play.

You can go into System Preferences -> Audio -> Output Device and switch, and then use the second headphone output instead.

sfxc13

sfxc13

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
Any idea why the mute no longer works?
Ooh! Is there a way to make the mute button switch to the headphones?

macgirl

macgirl

Stargate's Pharaoh

• Retired
  • 7,615 posts
AFAIK mute never worked with STAC9228 codec.

theotherrogue

theotherrogue

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Macgirl, you are awesome. Thanks for all your hard work.

I've got an m1330 here with Speedstep capability installed just fine, but I can't get both Speedstep and Battery status to work together. I definitely don't have the technical skills to figure this out, so does anyone have any tips on how this could be accomplished?
Thanks.

Orijnal

Orijnal

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hmmm... I'm still having a problem with the sound on my m1330. This is the first time I've tried to do anything with kexts, so please bear with me... I downloaded the two kexts that macgirl attached to the first page and tried installing them with Kext Helper, I also pulled AppleAzaliaAudio.kext out of /system/library/extensions. I can see the "internal speakers" option available in the System Preferences/Sounds, but I'm still not getting any sound out of my speakers. ;)

Can anyone shed some light on what I'm missing.

(BTW - I installed iAtkos 1.0i r2, and the only option I added during install was the EFI option.)

Thanks!

Orijnal

theotherrogue

theotherrogue

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Hmmm... I'm still having a problem with the sound on my m1330. This is the first time I've tried to do anything with kexts, so please bear with me... I downloaded the two kexts that macgirl attached to the first page and tried installing them with Kext Helper, I also pulled AppleAzaliaAudio.kext out of /system/library/extensions. I can see the "internal speakers" option available in the System Preferences/Sounds, but I'm still not getting any sound out of my speakers. :)

(BTW - I installed iAtkos 1.0i r2, and the only option I added during install was the EFI option.)

Thanks!

Orijnal

I'm having the same problem as Orijnal. I'm using iAtkos too, and I had previously set up the headphone port to work.

AngelusDark9

AngelusDark9

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hello

I have installed the ToH, in my XPS M1530, The 8600 works, the sound works, the webcam and bluetooth works and the battery inditactor works.

But I only can use the Leopard.
The only way I can use vista is booting with Gparted and put my other HDD to boot.

How can I doo the dual bootin?
And 1 other thing, I only can boot with the leopard bootcd. How can I start leopard without the bootcd?

Thanks... and sorry for my english... :)

macgirl

macgirl

Stargate's Pharaoh

• Retired
  • 7,615 posts

Macgirl, you are awesome. Thanks for all your hard work.

I've got an m1330 here with Speedstep capability installed just fine, but I can't get both Speedstep and Battery status to work together. I definitely don't have the technical skills to figure this out, so does anyone have any tips on how this could be accomplished?
Thanks.

Did you copy the PowerManagement bundle from speedstep package or other?

Does the AppleACPIPowerSource kext is loaded?
You can see with System Profiler under extensions or on Terminal with kextstat command.

Hmmm... I'm still having a problem with the sound on my m1330. This is the first time I've tried to do anything with kexts, so please bear with me... I downloaded the two kexts that macgirl attached to the first page and tried installing them with Kext Helper, I also pulled AppleAzaliaAudio.kext out of /system/library/extensions. I can see the "internal speakers" option available in the System Preferences/Sounds, but I'm still not getting any sound out of my speakers. :(

Thanks!

Orijnal

There are several reports about the samee issue, even I had no sound this morning, I erased the extensions cache rebooted and get sound again.

We are waiting for Taruga's answers.

Hello

I have installed the ToH, in my XPS M1530, The 8600 works, the sound works, the webcam and bluetooth works and the battery inditactor works.

But I only can use the Leopard.
The only way I can use vista is booting with Gparted and put my other HDD to boot.

How can I doo the dual bootin?
And 1 other thing, I only can boot with the leopard bootcd. How can I start leopard without the bootcd?
Thanks... and sorry for my english... ;)

Here are some guides for dual booting and fix the bootloader:

http://forum.insanel...showtopic=39253

http://forum.osx86sc...php?f=16&t=1789

Superhai

Superhai

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired Developers
  • 1,425 posts
Just a sidenote, if you use the darwin-EFI from iATKOS you can't use the hex string in com-apple.boot.plist, but need to either use ALCinject or install netkas darwin-efi.

AngelusDark9

AngelusDark9

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Thanks MacGirl,

Now I just have to wait that someone realises the Wireless 3945 Driver....

Orijnal

Orijnal

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

There are several reports about the samee issue, even I had no sound this morning, I erased the extensions cache rebooted and get sound again.

We are waiting for Taruga's answers.

Thanks, macgirl. Nice to know you and others are here to help. Unfortunately, I deleted my extensions cache (system/library/extensions.mkext and system/library/extensions/caches/com.apple.kext.info) and rebooted and still am in the same boat. No sound. I think the difference is that you actually had sound coming out of our speakers at one point - I have not. My sound still only works through the headphones.

Do I actually need to do anything with the AppleHDAPatcher_v1.16? Or is simply installing the two files that you attached to the first post in this thread good enough?

P.S. Thanks Superhai for the sidenote. I'll continue to stick with ALCInject.

vivavn

vivavn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Okay try this,
patch it with my dump (1.6) , you will only get sound from headphone, and install new kexts with kext helper .7, reboot, if ouyou still don't have sound, close the lid for 5 seconds, pray the sound to come :)

Attached Files

• Attached File  dump.txt   5.93KB   95 downloads

macgirl

macgirl

Stargate's Pharaoh

• Retired
  • 7,615 posts

Thanks, macgirl. Nice to know you and others are here to help. Unfortunately, I deleted my extensions cache (system/library/extensions.mkext and system/library/extensions/caches/com.apple.kext.info) and rebooted and still am in the same boat. No sound. I think the difference is that you actually had sound coming out of our speakers at one point - I have not. My sound still only works through the headphones.

Do I actually need to do anything with the AppleHDAPatcher_v1.16? Or is simply installing the two files that you attached to the first post in this thread good enough?

P.S. Thanks Superhai for the sidenote. I'll continue to stick with ALCInject.

What the Taruga's AppleHDA patcher (any version) does is modify an AppleHDA.kext (that it has inside the app), then install that modified version, and install ALCinject (that is also inside the app), then correct ownership and repair permissions.

You can see the files inside the patcher if you contol-click (or second button click) over and select show package contents.

So you may use the patcher or the already patched for Sigmatel 9228. ALCinject depends if you are using the gfx string or not.

The patcher has no working dump for speakers, only thru jack.

Orijnal

Orijnal

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

What the Taruga's AppleHDA patcher (any version) does is modify an AppleHDA.kext (that it has inside the app), then install that modified version, and install ALCinject (that is also inside the app), then correct ownership and repair permissions.

You can see the files inside the patcher if you contol-click (or second button click) over and select show package contents.

So you may use the patcher or the already patched for Sigmatel 9228. ALCinject depends if you are using the gfx string or not.

The patcher has no working dump for speakers, only thru jack.

O M G - Sound!!! Thank you, Thank you! It worked. Thanks for the explanation. All I did was reboot. Then once back in OSX, I installed the two kexts that you posted to the original post using Kext Helper 0.7 (with the Tag cache rebuild option selected). I rebooted and once it came back up, the speakers worked!!

I am sooooooo happy right now :) I pretty much have everything that I care about working right now... the audio, nvidia 8400 works great, got the $15 TruMobile wireless card of eBay (Dell PN: YH774) for the wifi.

Thanks macgirl, for all the time you have spent with this community helping people out. You rock!!

Orijnal

Orijnal

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Update: OK, after I reboot the m1330... the sound stops working, again. Just reinstalling the two kexts didn't seem to fix the issue after a reboot :P

Soooo... the fix that seems to bring my speaker sound back is the following:

1.) Open AppleHDAPatcher v1.16 and drop vivavn's patch.txt on the frog icon (Thanks, vivavn!)
3.) Open up Kext Helper b7
4.) Drop AppleHDA.kext and ALCinject.kext (from macgirl's original post in this thread) into Kext Helper
5.) Click the advanced tab and click the Tag cache rebuild option
6.) Hit the Easy Install option and reboot

Once OS X is back up, the sound works again. Not sure what exactly is causing the issue (or exactly what is fixing it for that matter), but I'll continue to investigate. Please let me know if anyone has any ideas or suggestions.

macgirl

macgirl

Stargate's Pharaoh

• Retired
  • 7,615 posts
I think that the first step is no necessary.

jake123

jake123

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts
After the 7 install's with kext helper, my audio has been flawless... with about 15 power cycles.

Ayers

Ayers

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

The thing about the battery has to do with the PowerManagement.bundle and AppleACPIPowerSource.kext, but this kext is not loaded if the "OSBundleLibraries" don't match with AppleACPIPlatform and IOACPIFamily, this kext is inside the AppleACPIPlatform as a Plugin, so edit the Info.plist and make the versions match.

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIPowerSource.kext/Contents/Info.plist

Using Terminal:
sudo -s
<password>
cd /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents

sudo nano Info.plist

<string>AppleACPIPlatform</s>
	<k>CFBundle...
	<string>1.1.0, Copyright...
	<string>com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform</s>
	<k>CFBundle
	<string>6.0</s>
	...CFBundle Version String 
ctrl-X
cd PlugIns
ls
	...Buttons, EC, and PCI.kexts

Where do I get AppleACPIPowerSource.kext? Which version do I modify it to?

macgirl

macgirl

Stargate's Pharaoh

• Retired
  • 7,615 posts
Vanilla AppleACPIPlatform.kext does not have it.

the Macnub version on the first post does have it.

see inside /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy