[Compilation] Dell XPS M1330, M1530, Vostro 1400, 1700, Inspiron 1420, 1520, 1720

macgirl

4,332 posts in this topic

I am glad to hear that it worked for you! It is werid that it works only through the earphone jack, for me it worked for both speakers and jack.

Using STAC9228_0x83847616.zip I have left earphone jack and speakers always carry the same signal - actually the one that is configured as "speaker". Right earphone jack carries the one that is configured as "headphone". That means: Both earphone jacks carry different signals. And depending on your System Preferences / Audio / Out settings either one of them will hold the sound.

Here STAC9228_0x83847616.zip also sometimes doesn't play. Without having changed anything else in between. I do not know whether this is by chance: But having Mac OS X running from battery it always worked. Running on AC sometimes did not.

Well finally I could use "Prev", "Play/Pause" and "Next" keys of the keyboard, and becaue the remote controlis somehow linked to the keyboard those keys in the remote also work, just need to install Butler and the modified ApplePS2Keyboard. I set iTunes events with triggers mapped to those keys.

here is a pic:

Picture_1.jpg

EDIT: one of the benefits of Butler is that you can choose if those keys work only when the app is running/in front or no matter if you are in another app.

EDIT2: modified 1st post.

Can someone provide me a good link to a "booting guide"?

Setup1: Mac OS X 10.5.1 iATKOS 1.0ir2 on primary partition

Setup2: Mac OS X 10.5.1 iATKOS 1.0ir2 on logical partition

I can boot both easily:

. by means of the iATKOS DVD

. by means of GRUB loading pc_efi_v80 (*) from linux or windows partition

(*) Is there a way to provide parameter options to "kernel /boot_v8" such that one doesn't have to select harddisk (80) and partition number?

I have installed pc_efi_v80 additionally in both setups within their respective partition according to this well known guide. I expected I could chainload both this way:

Setup1: by means of chain0

Setup2: by means of tboot

Both DO NOT work (I tried Vista BCD and GRUB as well), but I don't understand why?

I dislike iATKOS for not being clear about what it actually does behind the scenes (I can't find a release note that specifies which kext version is selected in the customize sections - well I didn't select any therefore). Macgirl's posting at the front of this thread confirmed me in replacing certain voodoo against well known and documented packages: "You can use a gfx string [...] if you installed Netkas' PC-EFI V8, if you installed EFI from iATKOS it won't work."

Hi CokeSide,

I have a vostro 1400 but with nvidia card not x3100.

I can get sound working lout of speakers using the patched appleHDA kexts for 9228 at the beginning of this

guide. However when I reboot I lose the sound , very frustrating.

So I go back to using hdapatcher .16 and get sound from one headphone socket.

Could you please tell me which method you used to get sound from the speakers.

It may be that the NVidia patch is interfering with my sound and that is the difference between us.

But I would still be interested in your method.

Thanks very much,

dweller

just use the sleep display trick , after restart before you use any app that uses sound..try to do the sleep display trick...i really don know much abt nvidia stuff..i guess macgirl can answer that issue

hello macgirl,

where should I put the appleps2controller.kext?

Thanks for all your work!

edit: I've found: It's inside \system\library\extensions\appleps2controller.kext \content\plugins

edit 2: What is the difference between play/pause button and stop button. In buttler, I think it's impossible to set a difference between them. Am i wrong?

I mean stop button will do play/stop and play/pause button will do the same

Hi all and MacGirl!

As I mentioned above I got Dell M1330 Kalaway 10.5.2 NV4. Regarding 3 minutes freeze at the boot time "-v" doesn't reveal anything specific and system.log shows:

(...)

Mar 29 12:28:35 pawels-mac-pro com.apple.kextd[10]: kld(): Undefined symbols:

Mar 29 12:28:35 pawels-mac-pro com.apple.kextd[10]: __ZN14IOPMrootDomain24systemPowerEventOccurredEPK8OSSymbolP8OSObject

Mar 29 12:28:35 pawels-mac-pro kernel[0]: VID: family specific matching fails

Mar 29 12:28:35 pawels-mac-pro kextd[73]: kld_load_from_memory() failed for module /System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext/Contents/MacOS/ACPI_SMC_P

latformPlugin

Mar 29 12:28:35 pawels-mac-pro kernel[0]: Matching service count = 2

Mar 29 12:28:35 pawels-mac-pro kernel[0]: Matching service count = 3

Mar 29 12:28:35: --- last message repeated 4 times ---

Mar 29 12:28:35 pawels-mac-pro kextd[73]: a link/load error occured for kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext

Mar 29 12:28:35 pawels-mac-pro kernel[0]: wl0: Broadcom BCM4312 802.11 Wireless Controller

Mar 29 12:28:36 pawels-mac-pro kernel[0]: 4.170.46.3

Mar 29 12:28:35 pawels-mac-pro configd[36]: Error: No interface name AirPort_Brcm43xx

Mar 29 12:28:36 pawels-mac-pro configd[36]: Error: ioPublishedDriverCallback() failed to initDeviceFromService()

Mar 29 12:28:36 pawels-mac-pro kextd[10]: cannot resolve dependencies for kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIThermal.kext

Mar 29 12:28:36 pawels-mac-pro kextd[10]: cannot resolve dependencies for kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIPowerSource.kext

Mar 29 12:28:37 pawels-mac-pro kernel[0]: NVDANV50HAL loaded and registered.

Mar 29 12:28:37 pawels-mac-pro kernel[0]: ALCinject: Starting.

Mar 29 12:28:37 pawels-mac-pro kernel[0]: ALCinject: Setting built-in=<data not shown>ApplePS2Trackpad: Synaptics TouchPad v6.3

Mar 29 12:28:37 pawels-mac-pro kernel[0]: ALCinject: Setting layout-id=<data not shown>

Mar 29 12:28:37 pawels-mac-pro kernel[0]: VID: family specific matching fails

Mar 29 12:28:37: --- last message repeated 1 time ---

Mar 29 12:28:37 pawels-mac-pro kernel[0]: NVinjectGo: Probing.

Mar 29 12:28:37 pawels-mac-pro kernel[0]: NVinjectGo: Setting model=Graphics by NVIDIA

Mar 29 12:28:37 pawels-mac-pro kernel[0]: NVinjectGo: Setting @0,device_type=display

Mar 29 12:28:37 pawels-mac-pro kernel[0]: NVinjectGo: Setting @1,display-type=LCD

Mar 29 12:28:37 pawels-mac-pro kernel[0]: NVinjectGo: Setting @0,compatible=NVDA,NVMac

Mar 29 12:28:37 pawels-mac-pro kernel[0]: NVinjectGo: Setting NVCAP=<data not shown>

Mar 29 12:28:37 pawels-mac-pro kernel[0]: NVinjectGo: Setting @1,name=NVDA,Display-B

Mar 29 12:28:37 pawels-mac-pro kernel[0]: NVinjectGo: Setting device_type=NVDA,GeForce

Mar 29 12:28:37 pawels-mac-pro kernel[0]: NVinjectGo: Setting name=NVDA,Parent

Mar 29 12:28:37 pawels-mac-pro kernel[0]: NVinjectGo: Setting rom-revision=NVinjectGo 0.2.0

Mar 29 12:28:37 pawels-mac-pro kernel[0]: NVinjectGo: Setting @0,name=NVDA,Display-A

Mar 29 12:28:37 pawels-mac-pro kernel[0]: NVinjectGo: Setting @1,compatible=NVDA,NVMac

Mar 29 12:28:37 pawels-mac-pro kernel[0]: NVinjectGo: Setting @1,device_type=display

Mar 29 12:28:37 pawels-mac-pro kernel[0]: dsmos: Initializing...

Mar 29 12:28:37 pawels-mac-pro configd[36]: arp_client_transmit(en0) failed, Operation not permitted (1)

Mar 29 12:28:37 pawels-mac-pro kernel[0]: dsmos: Hook and decryption contexts set!

Mar 29 12:28:37 pawels-mac-pro kernel[0]: dsmos: Starting...

Mar 29 12:28:37 pawels-mac-pro configd[36]: MANUAL en0: arp probe failed, arp_client_transmit(en0) failed, Operation not permitted (1)

Mar 29 12:28:37 pawels-mac-pro kernel[0]: AirPort_Brcm43xx: Ethernet address 00:16:cf:xxxxxx

Mar 29 12:28:37 pawels-mac-pro kernel[0]: IOBluetoothBNEPDriver: Ethernet address 00:1d:d9:xxxxxx

Mar 29 12:28:37 pawels-mac-pro kernel[0]: dlil_output: output error retval = 1

Mar 29 12:28:38 pawels-mac-pro kernel[0]: NTFS driver 2.1 [Flags: R/O].

Mar 29 12:28:38 pawels-mac-pro kernel[0]: NTFS volume name WinXP, version 3.1.

Mar 29 12:29:15 pawels-mac-pro kextd[10]: writing kernel link data to /var/run/mach.sym

Mar 29 12:31:11 pawels-mac-pro loginwindow[23]: Login Window Started Security Agent

(...)

At this stage I'm already logged in. Last three rows shows almost 1 minute gaps between them but the HDD doesn't seem to be used. It may be normal behavior but I don't remember it from different setup on ToH.

Any ideas?

edit 2: What is the difference between play/pause button and stop button. In buttler, I think it's impossible to set a difference between them. Am i wrong?

I mean stop button will do play/stop and play/pause button will do the same

It depends how you wnat to assign it, What I did in Butler y to make a sequence of 2 keys, space then command left arrow, so the space pauses the song in iTunes and then the command left arrow make the contorller go to begining.

I down't know how the media keys of USB keyboards work on the stop key, I'll investigate later.

Hi all and MacGirl!

As I mentioned above I got Dell M1330 Kalaway 10.5.2 NV4. Regarding 3 minutes freeze at the boot time "-v" doesn't reveal anything specific and system.log shows:

At this stage I'm already logged in. Last three rows shows almost 1 minute gaps between them but the HDD doesn't seem to be used. It may be normal behavior but I don't remember it from different setup on ToH.

Any ideas?

Try these:

Erase NVDAResman.kext on Single User Mode (-s) and apply the Grahics Update.

Delete NVinjectGo and instal NVinject

Not ahowing the GUI means that Nvidia kexts are not working (possibly they are 10.5.1) or the enabler is not working (NVinjectGo).

hello again,

I don't success in updating my kernel to vanilla's one! I can't boot with this kernel

The problem appears during the loading of graphic driver, just after the white screen with the grey apple. Then, it stops and the only thing I can do is stop my laptop with the button!

How did you do to update your kernel to vanilla? For me, I've tried with kalyway package and with the offical kernel and system.kext but it doesn't work

Any idea?

p.s sorry for my english

how can I check if pc-efi is installed

When I've installed iaktos, I think that I've answered YES to this question but I'd like to be sure

Furthermore, have you created a keyboard layout that add <> key and play/pause/stop... keys too?

I've removed NVDAResman.kext and installed graphic update 1.0 from apple but I think you misunderstood me. The GUI was showing up as expected (and thankfully still does). The thing is that system freezes couple of times during boot. I'm fine with this for now.

The other thing is, that my sigmatel stac stopped working. I've tried overwriting kexts once again but still nothing. First thing system boots i go to the hot corner responsible for putting my screen into sleep. It turns blank, then i move mouse and nothing changed.

I don't remember exactly when it turned this way but since I had the sound for the last time I have definitely been testing HDMI so maybe that my card is stuck on HDMI output. Can't test it since I have no HD h/w at home.

Tried booting with -x -f still nothing, neither of jacks works BUT i can see the level of the microphone responding to the mic if i stick it in. So probably HDMI related problem. Is there any progress with M1330 sigmatel?

Thanks.

::EDIT::

I've installed NV4.1 and I have chosen four options there: framework, 128 MB, "Go" option, and Netkas kernel fix (for long boots shutdown/restart problem). And sound is back :P but long boot, and restart problems still here. Did I select right options in the installer?

@ macgirl i tried installing the sound kext but i still get no sound? i used the kext helper b7.

also judging by what graphic card i have what is the best update for it? i treid a few before and they have messed me up.

I've removed NVDAResman.kext and installed graphic update 1.0 from apple but I think you misunderstood me. The GUI was showing up as expected (and thankfully still does). The thing is that system freezes couple of times during boot. I'm fine with this for now.

The other thing is, that my sigmatel stac stopped working. I've tried overwriting kexts once again but still nothing. First thing system boots i go to the hot corner responsible for putting my screen into sleep. It turns blank, then i move mouse and nothing changed.

I don't remember exactly when it turned this way but since I had the sound for the last time I have definitely been testing HDMI so maybe that my card is stuck on HDMI output. Can't test it since I have no HD h/w at home.

Tried booting with -x -f still nothing, neither of jacks works BUT i can see the level of the microphone responding to the mic if i stick it in. So probably HDMI related problem. Is there any progress with M1330 sigmatel?

Thanks.

::EDIT::

I've installed NV4.1 and I have chosen four options there: framework, 128 MB, "Go" option, and Netkas kernel fix (for long boots shutdown/restart problem). And sound is back :) but long boot, and restart problems still here. Did I select right options in the installer?

Sorry I misunderstood that.

Probably you need a different NVCAP value for HDMI (or DVI, or Digital output), visit the NVinject forums, there are a lot of Info there for different settings and NVCAP values.

Did you try the NVCAP values I found that works for dual displays?

@ macgirl i tried installing the sound kext but i still get no sound? i used the kext helper b7.

also judging by what graphic card i have what is the best update for it? i treid a few before and they have messed me up.

Did you try the AppleHDA patcher 1.16 also?

I think the best to have 10.5.2 Nvidia kexts is the original Graphics Update from Apple, and install the latest NVinject.

Sure, in 1st post there are the 3 versions I created, V3 has a working STOP key.

Testing again V3 kext:

<> and ^° keys are working on my german keyboard at the wrong places:

^° are displayed by pressing <> on the keyboard and the other way round..

Stop key doesn't work, I did not try butler a the moment.

Macgirl, could please explain how to modify your V3 kext so that I can make my own layout?

on my m1530 i can see the bluetooth icon on top but when i click on it shows me this message: "Bluetooth: Not Available"

i am also unable to reboot or shutdown. sleep works but when it wakes up, then sound works but it does not work when i plugin headphone jack.

other than that everything works great and i am using the latest possible leopard version... :gathering:

any help with the above issues would be very much appreciated!!!

Thanks Macgirl for the wonderful forum... without this it would be impossible for me to go that far... :P

I did the security + safari updates... But not the time machine upade.. I rebooted used my computer for a bit (with sound gone) and then my wifi goes out. I have the 1390, it said the card is off... When ever I try to reable it hitting on does nothing... Any solutions? Is my card dead? Thanks

Testing again V3 kext:

and ^° keys are working on my german keyboard at the wrong places:

^° are displayed by pressing on the keyboard and the other way round..

Stop key doesn't work, I did not try butler a the moment.

Macgirl, could please explain how to modify your V3 kext so that I can make my own layout?

See this thread: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=40646

BTW 1505 Dell Truemobile Wireless Card arrive today, it didn't work on the WWAN slot, I switchet to the WLAN slot, but having problems with Windows XP (Dell Software not working) I don't care much since I did not use it much but I am kind of "perfectionist". I put the Intel Wireless card in the WWAN slot and didn't work, (maybe I need to switch the Flash Cache module setting in BIOS).