[Compilation] Dell XPS M1330, M1530, Vostro 1400, 1700, Inspiron 1420, 1520, 1720

macgirl

4,332 posts in this topic

Hey all, does anyone else notice that the clock is off by several hours when its set to your time zone? I think windows may have offset the internal clock and OSX is trying to offset it as well. Anybody else have this issue?

doh... sorry all... no one has this issue, no one has issues at all, thats because no one reads the forum or wiki...

run the regedit file in vista or xp (rename it to w32tm.reg), reboot... if it is not correct after 20 minutes, you should also update your timeserver in date/time settings. one that works instead of time.windows.com is pool.ntp.org

w32tm.txt

I've installed iatkos ir3 which has got me past my blinking cursor issue with ir2. Now when it starts to boot into mac it freezes. For about 15 mins the hard drive still does something intermittently and the beach ball intermittently appears. I tried installing the X3100 graphics, it started to boot then after about 3 seconds the screen went black. :D

I plugged it into an external monitor and it showed the mac screen frozen again. This is sooo frustrating. I wish I could steal your hard drive macgirl :D

MacGirl, I have absolutly no idea what I am doing wrong with the apple updater + the Terminal script....

BUT I think that with the Kalyway update besides running the standalone updater I have to do "other things" I have spent a while on google tryign to figure those other things out... but I dont know what they are, do you?

Thanks

Hey all, does anyone else notice that the clock is off by several hours when its set to your time zone? I think windows may have offset the internal clock and OSX is trying to offset it as well. Anybody else have this issue?

Very known issue, Mac OS treat the hardware clock as UTC (Universal Time Clock) and Windows as a local time, so if you live outside the GMT time zone it will have hours of difference with your time zone, mine is -6, but there are several tricks to fix that, as Superhai sugested one for you.

I use the trick that enables Vista clock as UTC, but sometimes does not set correctly, since I almost not use Windows Vista or XP I don't care much, in mY desktop I use XP more so I use the rc.local scritp on login/logout to change the time.

I've installed iatkos ir3 which has got me past my blinking cursor issue with ir2. Now when it starts to boot into mac it freezes. For about 15 mins the hard drive still does something intermittently and the beach ball intermittently appears. I tried installing the X3100 graphics, it started to boot then after about 3 seconds the screen went black. :)

I plugged it into an external monitor and it showed the mac screen frozen again. This is sooo frustrating. I wish I could steal your hard drive macgirl :thumbsup_anim:

Well my hard drive is not useful with you becaus I have the Nvidia card.

I read that some X3100 does not work with the internal display, but that is another story, You should try remove the X3100 kexts and make everything else work, then when everything is all set put the X3100 kexts back, I read that the 10.5.2 kext are casuing problems, read the X3100 threads for this.

Windows is unable to tell me what is my sound card excepting that it is a sigmatel

In the device properties it will show VendorID and DeviceID.

The VendorID for Simatel is 0x8384 and the DeviceID for the 9228 is 0x7616

MacGirl, I have absolutly no idea what I am doing wrong with the apple updater + the Terminal script....

BUT I think that with the Kalyway update besides running the standalone updater I have to do "other things" I have spent a while on google tryign to figure those other things out... but I dont know what they are, do you?

Thanks

Maybe the terminal Script is not deleting the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.

You shoud try installing the official update but with Pacifist, in Pacifist select all excep AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.

I don't know how the Kalyway update works because I did mine with the oficial update and the Netkas procedure.

Has anyone figured out a way to get the Dell expresscard remote to work? I searched around but couldn't find anything.

Worked off the back for me... if your talking about the IR version that comes with the m1330, I'm not sure if the BT one works, but I'm sure it would.

hi macgirl , i really appreciate ur support and wonderful tips..

now i am able to boot without -x , by removing appleintelgmax3100.kext ...but thrs no gfx...

2. sound...i tried to patch using tarugas applehda, and alcinject kext's....i could c the volume bar, itunes plays songs , but i could not hear anyhring from the speakers, or from the earphone's

i tried to follow various threads ..on sound and video , but with no success...my wifi is workin so i cud use net...

after almost 12 hours of fruitless hunting .....i am in the square one again ....can u tell me what i cud do..

my lappy is DELL vostro 1400 , with sigmatel sound card and my video card is x3100 :thumbsup_anim::lol:

look this quote:

For me:

Using 10.5.2 Graphics Update X3100 Kexts in 10.5.1 works.

Using 10.5.1 X3100 Kexts in 10.5.2 doesn't work.

Using 10.5.2 Graphics Update X3100 Kexts in 10.5.2 doesn't work.

In both of the 10.5.2 cases, booting with -v gets you all the way till the blue startup screen, then it just freezes.

I tried:

Copying the 10.5.1 extensions folder over 10.5.2 and booting. It boots, and I can see the screen. I can even click around for a bit, but the system hangs quickly after.

Then I extracted the kexts from 10.5.2 using pacifist and loaded them into the 10.5.1 extensions folder. Doesn't change.

I'm dual booting a 10.5.2 and a 10.5.1 system atm, any ideas on how to fix this problem for me are welcome...

No, I read that Vaio users with 8400 card can't make the Internal display work, but they can with an external.

BTW:

9.2.0 kernel with fixed shutdown see http://netkas.org/?p=57

I tried it, my comp wouldnt boot, it didnt even get to the point where it change resolutions, (the same res as hit F8 to enter advanced options....) but I'm really really bad at setting things up...

My mouse is on SLOW, and its WAY to fast for me, do you still have the original PS2 kext, or what ever i need to get my mouse to the speed it was before doing the 2 finger scroll mod... and do you have a PowerManagment kext? thanks ;)

EDIT: Actually 9.2.0 kernel works, but it doesnt fix the shutdown/reboot issues

the AppleAzalia is located in the regular Extensions directory, full path is /System/Library/Extensions

My sound just went out, weird... I dont have AppleAzalia, and I never did... is there something i'm missing? I cant get it back!

Also, my sleep is working perfectly again.... I dont know about you guys.. but if it is, Macgirl you should edit your first post

"Just one user reported working on XPS M1330 sleep, but he can't reproduce it again, I received reports that sleep works on Inspirons."

Thank u mac girl !!!......i cud hear sound from my earphone socket.thanks for updating the guide today ......that really made my day.......

cau u work the same charm for my graphics x3100..

i cud not figure out what to do abt the previous post !!(i am so dumb)..can u direct me some where relavant

..thnx again for ur support

hmm, I installed the new kernel w/ shutdown fix and shutdown\restart still doesnt work. it goes to a black screen and doesnt do anythinghas anyone installed the new kernel with the shutdown fix?

My sound just went out, weird... I dont have AppleAzalia, and I never did... is there something i'm missing? I cant get it back!Also, my sleep is working perfectly again.... I dont know about you guys.. but if it is, Macgirl you should edit your first post"Just one user reported working on XPS M1330 sleep, but he can't reproduce it again, I received reports that sleep works on Inspirons."

what? how did you get sleep to work?!

can you zip up your PowerManagement.bundle, AppleACPIPowerSource.kext or anything related to it? thanks!

what? how did you get sleep to work?!

can you zip up your PowerManagement.bundle, AppleACPIPowerSource.kext or anything related to it? thanks!

It worked off the back with the kalyway install, and it worked once or twice with iATKOS.... i'm not lying it serously works, i kept it on sleep for 10 hours last night, and its still got 4/5 battery bars (the meter on my 9 cell), I dont have my power meter working in osx.....

Anyways here is:

PowerManagement.bundle

AppleACPIPlatform.kext

AppleACPIPowerSource.kext

http://rapidshare.com/files/96206724/Archive.zip

Any way you can give me your

ApplePS2Controller.kext, i messed myne up doing the 2 finger scroll, and didnt make a backup... it just moves way to fast, and jumps for no reason.... and I dont think it did that b4

It worked off the back with the kalyway install, and it worked once or twice with iATKOS.... i'm not lying it serously works, i kept it on sleep for 10 hours last night, and its still got 4/5 battery bars (the meter on my 9 cell), I dont have my power meter working in osx.....

Anyways here is:

PowerManagement.bundle

AppleACPIPlatform.kext

AppleACPIPowerSource.kext

http://rapidshare.com/files/96206724/Archive.zip

Any way you can give me your

ApplePS2Controller.kext, i messed myne up doing the 2 finger scroll, and didnt make a backup... it just moves way to fast, and jumps for no reason.... and I dont think it did that b4

Which AppleSMBIOS.kext are you using?

Attached is my ApplePS2Controller.kext

EDIT:

Your files didn't work for me to make it sleep :(

ApplePS2Controller.kext.zip