CardBus/PCMCIA PC Cards for Leopard

~Eureka

1,073 posts in this topic

So when booting my computer I get this error

IOPCCard info: Mac OS X PCMCIA Card Services 3.2.8

IOPCCard info: options: [pci] [cardbus] [pnp]

IOPCCard info: Intel ISA/PCI/CardBus PCIC probe:

IOPCCard notice: Bad bridge mapping at 0xd2100000!

IOPCCard info: no bridges found.

IOPCCardBridge::start failed

Got boot device = IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/SATA@1F,2/AppleIntelPIIXATARoot/PRID@0/AppleIntelICHxSATA/ATADeviceNub@0/AppleATADiskDriver/IOATABlockStorageDevice/IOBlockStorageDriver/FUJITSU MHV2200BT PL FUJITSU MHV2200BT PL/IOFDiskPartitionScheme/Untitled 1@1

and thus the PCMCIA slot wont turn on, yet when I turn my onboard lan off in the BIOS it loads perfectly fine and says this:

OPCCard info: Mac OS X PCMCIA Card Services 3.2.8

IOPCCard info: options: [pci] [cardbus] [pnp]

IOPCCard info: Intel ISA/PCI/CardBus PCIC probe:

IOPCCard info: TI XX12 rev 00 PCI-to-CardBus phys mem 0xd2108000 virt mem 0x47898000

IOPCCard info: host opts [0]: [serial pci & irq] [pci irq 17] [lat 168/176] [bus 3/3]

IOPCCard info: PCI card interrupts, PCI status changes

Got boot device = IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/SATA@1F,2/AppleIntelPIIXATARoot/PRID@0/AppleIntelICHxSATA/ATADeviceNub@0/AppleATADiskDriver/IOATABlockStorageDevice/IOBlockStorageDriver/FUJITSU MHV2200BT PL FUJITSU MHV2200BT PL/IOFDiskPartitionScheme/Untitled 1@1

IOPCCard info: cs: cb_alloc(bus 3): vendor 0x168c, device 0x0013

IOPCCard info: cs: cb_alloc(bus 3): found 1 functions

IOPCCard info: cs: cb_config(bus 3)

IOPCCard info: fn 0 bar 1: mem 0xd2020000-0xd202ffff

IOPCCard info: irq 17

Any idea what I need to do/modify to get this working?

Hi, I have put the IOPCMCIAFamily.kext in the Extension folder with the right permissions but now leo (10.5.6) on my R52 won't boot.. it hang with no errors.

Here is a photo of the boot (10 minutes + with no reactions).

Any id�a ?

Sry for my poor english i'm french.

Thank you a lot :)

Hello, I had the same ( where boot gets stuck just after detecting the pcmcia bridge ), I found that this was because I had the IOPCCard kext in the Extensions folder instead of inside the IOPCMCIAFamily/Content/PlugIns folder.

It meant that the kernel would expect the newly found PCMCIA bridge to siddenly attach the root disk ( some netbooks have pcmcia attached disks ) so would wait forever for the boot drive. Don't directly put IOPCCard into Extensions

Hi everybody,

first I want to thank for this great Project and I'm sorry for my bad english (hungarian living in germany).

I've a problem with my FireWire-PCMCIA-Card on an Acer Aspire 5610z. Saw a lot of posts for Acer Notebooks but unfortunately nothing helped me.

Cardbus-Controller is an: ene cb-712/ 714/810

FireWire-Card (2 ports): exsys ex-6600e (TI Chips)

So here's what I did.

Installed a 10.5.6 System by XxX.

Installed the IOPCMCIAFamily.kext for 10.5.6 (with the right rights), but the System hangs without error-msgs.

Than I tried rev8 and the Sytem was booting and recognizes the controller. Even the FireWire-Card is found.

But the Problem is that no devices are recognized when I connect them to the FireWire-Card.

First the System-Profiler said there are no FireWire-Drivers loaded, so I loaded them manually and the System-Profiler-Message changed to "Unable to list FireWire devices". Unfortunately this message tells the truth.

Here are my dmesg-outputs.

After loading IOPCCardFamily.kext and all FireWire-Kexts manually:

bash-3.2# dmesg | grep PC
Extension "com.apple.driver.ApplePCIConfigurator" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and
com.apple.kpi components; use only one style.
PCI configuration changed (bridge=0 device=5 yenta=1)
Got boot device = IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/SATA@1F,2/AppleIntelPIIXATARoot/PRID@0/AppleIntelIC
HxSATA/ATADeviceNub@0/AppleATADiskDriver/IOATABlockStorageDevice/IOBlockStorageDriver/WDC WD1600BEVS-
22RST0 WDC WD1600BEVS-22RST0/IOFDiskPartitionScheme/Untitled 3@3
IOPCCard info:   Intel PCIC probe:   ENE 712/4 rev 10

After inserting the FireWire-Card:

bash-3.2# dmesg | grep PC
Extension "com.apple.driver.ApplePCIConfigurator" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and
com.apple.kpi components; use only one style.
PCI configuration changed (bridge=0 device=5 yenta=1)
Got boot device = IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/SATA@1F,2/AppleIntelPIIXATARoot/PRID@0/AppleIntelIC
HxSATA/ATADeviceNub@0/AppleATADiskDriver/IOATABlockStorageDevice/IOBlockStorageDriver/WDC WD1600BEVS-
22RST0 WDC WD1600BEVS-22RST0/IOFDiskPartitionScheme/Untitled 3@3
IOPCCard info:   Intel PCIC probe:   ENE 712/4 rev 10
IOPCCard info:   cs: cb_alloc(bus 7): vendor 0x104c, device 0x8023
IOPCCard info:   cs: cb_alloc(bus 7): found 1 functions
IOPCCard info:   cs: cb_config(bus 7)
IOPCCard info:     fn 0 bar 1: mem 0xa000d000-0xa000d7ff
IOPCCard info:     fn 0 bar 3: mem 0xa000c000-0xa000c7ff
IOPCCard info:     fn 0 bar 2: mem 0xa0008000-0xa000bfff
IOPCCard info:     irq 16

bash-3.2# dmesg | grep FireWire
FireWire (OHCI) TI ID 8023 CardBus now active, GUID 2e0300422e040043; max speed s100.
bash-3.2# 

Additionally I tried to load all Kexts while boot-time, with and without inserted FW-Card.

Still the same problem.

Any Ideas? Thanks a lot.

Cheers

gobe

Definitely not working here.

http://twitpic.com/hve4d

It's a bummer too, because I just put 10.5.6 on my HP machine. Would like to get some kind of networking working (in my case, either the Pro/100 ethernet or a wireless PCMCIA card).

Very odd, Have you tried it in firefox?

If you have no luck, the previous version worked well for me ( the version on mediafire never worked properly for me )

See here: http://www.darkspace.org.uk/drupal/?q=node/92

Regards

Ian

Thank you very much ! success

How can i make this driver work on snow leopard? i have Linksys WPC54G PCMCIA card and work fine on all leopard versions but not on snow leopard.if i install IOPCMCIAFamily.kext , snow leopard crashed.after i remove it get back to normal ;)

• 2 weeks later...
i used o2micro firewire ochi and reader sd not work with chunman kext in ideneb 1.6

Ok, I tried the latest in the 10.5.6 folder on my 10.6.1 install and I can boot fine and it loads the module fine. When I plug a card in I see this in syslog:

Oct 13 09:16:24 t60osx pcscd[404]: Non-smartcard device launched pcscd [Vendor: 0X483, Product: 0X2016]

Oct 13 09:16:24 t60osx pcscd[404]: Non-smartcard device launched pcscd [Vendor: 0XA, Product: 0]

Now this in particular is a 5-1 card reader with a card in it. There are no new disks in /dev and it says non-smartcard reader.

Actually testing further, plugging in the 5-1 reader empty generates no messages in syslog or anywhere, I can enter the PCMCIA card empty, and then only when I put an SD card in it do the above messages show up.

Is there some next step I'm missing to have it emulate a drive?

• 3 weeks later...

my carbus still not working with chun chan kext rev8, rev3 and the final. I have XXX ver.2 installed on my Acer Aspire 5633WLMI

O.K now carbus has get working with rev8 and after repair permissions with disk utility.

Tnx very much!

post-444721-1257091450_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

hi,

i look for driver for Ricoh

that my lspci

07:00.1 SD Host controller [0805]: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C822 SD/SDIO/MMC/MS/MSPro Host Adapter [1180:0822] (rev 22)

07:00.2 System peripheral [0880]: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C843 MMC Host Controller [1180:0843] (rev 12)

07:00.3 System peripheral [0880]: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C592 Memory Stick Bus Host Adapter [1180:0592] (rev 12)

07:00.4 System peripheral [0880]: Ricoh Co Ltd xD-Picture Card Controller [1180:0852] (rev 12)

can i install for this?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi ~Eureka,

I use your patched IOPCIFamily for 10.5.6 to get wireless card working on Snow Leopard, but only in 32 bit.

I tried to apply your patches from rev8 to IOPCIFamily-113, but it doesn't work like 10.5.6 version.

Would you share the source to your 10.5.6 version?

Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Chun-Nan , thanks for this driver ++++ it works on my Toshiba Laptop,

BUT,

I noticed it prevend loading speedstep and ACPIthrottle on 10.4.10,

of course I try version for Tiger on your mediafire site...

So system become pourly slow...

Is there a way to fix it ???

Thanks...

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Guys,

I have installed an iPC 10.5.6. Everything ok, but after recognizing the ENE CB1410 the machine freezes.

I have tried to used every IOPCCardFamily and IOPCIFamily and IO PCMCIAFamily available in the forums, but I got the same result with everyone of them.

Now I am tryng to edit the Info.plist with my windows plist editor.

In windows I have the following IO values FF00 - FFFF, FD00 - FDFF,

And memory intervals F0404000 - f0404fff, f2bff000 - f2bfffff, c0000000 - c3ffffff

The problem is this IO values in the Info.plist are in a format like AAAAAAAAD/8=, so they are completly different from the values I see in Windows.

So my question is, how should my values look like in the Info.plist after I edit it?

I know it may seem a little newbie question, but I cant understand this.

Thx very much!

ps.: My machine is an Acer TravelMate 6292... If anyone could install a Hackintosh in it, just let me know how!

hello ppl,

i have installed iDeneb 1.6 (10.5.8) lite edition and the only problem that i have is that i cannot use my PCMCIA modem (EV-DO) card to connect to the internet by dialing a connection with this PCMCIA card type II.

post-559330-1265463335_thumb.jpg

post-559330-1265463417_thumb.jpg

as you can see the card i think is installed because i can turn it off by pressing turn off from taskbar from up. The thing is that i cannot find this card in Network to can setup the PPP conection.

Is there anyone that can help me to use this card?

I have an HP530 Notebook PC

Core Duo 2.17 Ghz, 1,5 GB Ram, Intel GMA950 video card, 3945ABG wireless

Thank you