ATI South Bridge Solved!! (ATI IXP) ATI x200 xpress chipset

scousi

154 posts in this topic

I have Acer Aspire 3022 (RS 480+SB400) ATI x600(id3150: not supported)

Until I got Still waiting for root device...

After JaS ATI ADD ON patch

I can boot natively, but OSX install a bit slow about 2-3 ours.....

and because Notebook has only USB ports (PS2 has not) I use USB mouse

Notebook keyboard not work.....

would someone please run down the exact steps needed to install this kext in terminal? im totally new at this and everything ive tried so far hasnt worked. If someone would be kind enough to lay out the steps for a newbie here i would really appriciate your time

Use Addon patch this is the simples method

Make JAS 4.2b patch than addon patch, burn and install..

Use Addon patch this is the simples method

Make JAS 4.2b patch than addon patch, burn and install..

i dont know how to do any of that...could you please be specific and make some step by step instructions...i really want to get this working but i spent a entire day with no sucess so far...i would really appriciate it

i dont know how to do any of that...could you please be specific and make some step by step instructions...i really want to get this working but i spent a entire day with no sucess so far...i would really appriciate it

There are step-by-step instructions on the first or second page of this thread to install it in a terminal...(post 31)

BTW, thanks so much for this kext. I had pretty much given up on having a useable OSX load on my machine. Now that this driver is out, I have almost the perfect one. It's an MSI 1013 laptop, AMD64 processor so it has SSE3 and NX. The built in ethernet works out of the box and my wireless is a Ralink 2560, so that should work too when I get around to it. Eventually I'll try getting the AC97 audio to work. And it's white.

I have very similar xbench scores as you for disk access, but for some reason my CPU scores are horrible. I probably messed around with the system files too much trying to get it to work before this driver. I'm going to try a native reinstall and see if this helps.

Thanks again!

A installed succesfull, dut I could not boot from HDD

I got

Waiting for remote debugger connection.

kdp_poll: no debugger device".

I try rd=disk0s2 platform=x86PC

(I could nor disabled USB on BIOS)

Resolved !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Must disable IRDA my Notebook BIOS !

After disable OSX boot and works !!!!!!!

Thanks Scousi

Works great, except not after reboot. Have to delete extensions.kextcache and such to keep it working (actually it wont boot unless i remove them)

Anyway, thanks, now i can use mac native rather than off an external drive

1) Make sure there are no AppleOnboardATA.kext or AppleGenericATA.kext inside your IOATAFamilly package within the plugin folder.

1) Make sure there are no AppleOnboardATA.kext or AppleGenericATA.kext inside your IOATAFamilly package within the plugin folder.

tried that, causes system to hang at boot (after the first reboot), i get the circle with slash. tried replacing the AppleOnboardATA.kext in IOATAFamilly with the patched one, just as a guess, which seemed to work for a few times, but then eventually it wouldnt boot. Lucky i have osx86 on an external drive i can boot to to fix it.

thanks

My Compaq v2000 (actually an HP l2000 - same diff) success ... so far.

My specs are:

Turion ML-30 1.6Ghz

1Gb DDR 400

80Gb 5400rpm

Broadcom (id 4318) 802.11

HP Internal Bluetooth

ATI SB (id 4370), graphics (id 5955), etc.

Pioneer DVR-K15

After resizing my partitions to give about 8 gigs of room for osx86, I installed using Vmware 5.5.1. I downloaded the macosx_10.4.3_8f1111_for_dtk_userdvd.dmg file and converted to an ISO using UltraISO 7.6.5.1269. I patched using Jas' 4.2b and then again using his ATI patch.

Once installed, I finished the initial boot sequence in Vmware. I moved IOUSBFamily.kext to the desktop (since it conflicts with the PS2 controller somehow).

Rebooted and OSX came right up. I added IO80211Family.kext from 10.4.4 found on this thread and edited it to include 4318. After another reboot, airport was detected. (it is so nice to have true airport functionality rather than that ralink basterdized utility)

Unfortunately, this really gets me to the point that other people are at simply doing a native install sans patching - except that I have airport support now. I still lack the following:

ATI 200m Graphics - the ATIRadeon*.kexts will load(-ish) after putting in my device id, but profiler says that dependencies fail on several items.

ATI AC97 - how different can this be from other AC97s?

USB - is there any way to get it to stop looking at "legacy usb devices"? since this BIOS doesn't allow me to turn it off.

Bluetooth - this actually works perfectly, however, it is attached internally via USB and therefore the above issue comes into play.

Other than that, though, it runs pretty sweet. Still far away from something that I would use 24/7 or even for any length of time, mainly due to the lack of sound.

I thinks it's because of the Realtek codec that isn't supported.

True, it's weird though that some (shuttle owners) have reported success with Realtek ALC658 chipsets simply by using the normal AppleAC97Audio.kext found on the Darwin 8.0.1 cd. That sounds like a very similar chipset to mine, but I have been unable to get audio working either. Is everyone else who is having problems using that chipset too or is it just me?

Oh, I did want to also mention that osx hates when you plug in or unplug the power adaptor. So much, that it causes my system to freeze. Good times.

Bummer about that whole realtek thing, though. Maybe I can just use sign language with my maccy.

Closed captioning perhaps? :|

Hi all :-)

I think we're having a similar problem here :

http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?showtopic=1861

On ATI RS200M based computers. HP/Compaq computers.

Here is mine :

* 2,66GHz Pentium 4 (sse2 only)

* ATI RS200M AGP chipset

* 2x256MB Ram

* ATI IGP 340M (Radeon Mobility M7)

* 40GB 7200rpm HD (clean HFS partition)

* Teac CD-RW/DVD-Rom Combo

* National Semiconductor Ethernet

* Conexant HSF modem

* ALI 5451 Sound

* M-Audio Audiophile USB audio card

* Broadcom Wirelees

Impossible to install natively (IOPCCardBridge error). (10.4.3 patched with Jas 4.2b)

But success with VMWare. Trough VMWare I applied Scousi patch and used his kext but without success when rebooting.

It seems I am not alone in this case...

Any idea ?

Hi all :-)

I think we're having a similar problem here :

http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?showtopic=1861

On ATI RS200M based computers. HP/Compaq computers.

Here is mine :

* 2,66GHz Pentium 4 (sse2 only)

* ATI RS200M AGP chipset

* 2x256MB Ram

* ATI IGP 340M (Radeon Mobility M7)

* 40GB 7200rpm HD (clean HFS partition)

* Teac CD-RW/DVD-Rom Combo

* National Semiconductor Ethernet

* Conexant HSF modem

* ALI 5451 Sound

* M-Audio Audiophile USB audio card

* Broadcom Wirelees

Impossible to install natively (IOPCCardBridge error). (10.4.3 patched with Jas 4.2b)

But success with VMWare. Trough VMWare I applied Scousi patch and used his kext but without success when rebooting.

It seems I am not alone in this case...

Any idea ?

Unfortunately, my patch is for ATI IDE driver only so that you can use you IDE drive. I also have IOPCCard startup issues but it doesn't prevent me from using it.

There is a JaS patch add-on

http://www.win2osx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2807

that allows you to INSTALL on some ATI x200 chipsets natively (without having to use VMWARE first, and then installing the IDE driver). What this patch does, is it allows the driver to be used by the boot loader and the installer.

The driver as the first step only. Now we are seing other problems showing up as we go further on this chipset.

My system is an MSI 1013

My specs are:

Turion MT-32 1.8Ghz

1Gb DDR 400

40Gb 5400rpm

Ralink 2560 Wireless (working, but not as airport card)

Broadcom 8139 wired ethernet (worked perfectly on install)

Internal Bluetooth (unknown mfr, works)

DVD-RW Drive (reads fine, haven't tried burning.)

Ricoh SD MC slot (seems to work, but doesn't mount the card when inserted)

I searched a while for my AGP-CPU bridge device ID so I could try the fix for that, then remembered that it was PCIexpress. haha. No video accelleration though. It thinks my card is a 256MB ATI on PCI, which I think is what it says if it doesn't know.

Audio doesn't work. Haven't tried anything.

I'm at this point happy with hardware compatibility. This is mostly just an experiment for me, so I'm not going to complain about audio, etc.

After a fresh install with JaS's patches, my xbench scores are still pathetic for memory and CPU. I don't have them with me, but we're talking single digits. Has anyone seen this on their machines? The computer is fairly responsive, it takes about 1.5 minutes to boot and 10-20 seconds or so to start apps. Much better than before the hard drive fix, when it took like 15 minutes to boot.

Also Safari crashes all the time, mostly when I go to this site...

Anyone have any ideas?

Al

BTW, I had the PS2 conflict problem, even with Legacy Support turned off. On my BIOS, though, there were three settings for this, off-on-auto. Setting it to Auto fixed it.

My system is an MSI 1013

My specs are:

Turion MT-32 1.8Ghz

1Gb DDR 400

40Gb 5400rpm

Ralink 2560 Wireless (working, but not as airport card)

Broadcom 8139 wired ethernet (worked perfectly on install)

Internal Bluetooth (unknown mfr, works)

DVD-RW Drive (reads fine, haven't tried burning.)

Ricoh SD MC slot (seems to work, but doesn't mount the card when inserted)

I searched a while for my AGP-CPU bridge device ID so I could try the fix for that, then remembered that it was PCIexpress. haha. No video accelleration though. It thinks my card is a 256MB ATI on PCI, which I think is what it says if it doesn't know.

Audio doesn't work. Haven't tried anything.

I'm at this point happy with hardware compatibility. This is mostly just an experiment for me, so I'm not going to complain about audio, etc.

After a fresh install with JaS's patches, my xbench scores are still pathetic for memory and CPU. I don't have them with me, but we're talking single digits. Has anyone seen this on their machines? The computer is fairly responsive, it takes about 1.5 minutes to boot and 10-20 seconds or so to start apps. Much better than before the hard drive fix, when it took like 15 minutes to boot.

Also Safari crashes all the time, mostly when I go to this site...

Anyone have any ideas?

Al

BTW, I had the PS2 conflict problem, even with Legacy Support turned off. On my BIOS, though, there were three settings for this, off-on-auto. Setting it to Auto fixed it.

I'm getting xBench around 40 ish on my laptop Celeron M 370

Hi folks here what I have found.

I am only gonna list the problems I had

Jas 4.2b Patch

Several speed issues

Safari Crashed

After reboots the dock scaling would sometimes slow down along with HD access times.

Built-In lan didnt work

Audio didnt work

Itunes crashed

Comp freezes when AC plugged in or taken out

Maxxuss 4.2 Patch

Audio doesnt work

Comp freezes when AC plugged in or taken out

Everything else works fine

I tryed using both maxxuss and jas patches and the maxxus patch is by far the best with my v2000 compaq 2414NR everything works great and I have not had a single crash yet. Everything works except the audio which sucks but I can live with that. I even installed Photoshop cs2 and Mac Office Lime wire and some other apps and none crashed (testing for 9days)

Well I just thought I would share my experiance.

HooKed