Nearly Finished - Hac Pro

aqua-mac

91 posts in this topic

good idea Baudouin, do you have any pictures? they would be really helpful, just to get a better idea of your mod.

I was just looking at the side of the macpro case and im trying to figure out if its possible to lower the floor, yet keeping the bottom from sticking out below the line of the outer case.

TIG might be my only option, but lets see your photos to prove me wrong.

I cannot upload the pictures now. In a couple of days.Trouble to access one of my hard drives where all the pictures are. Have to install photoshop or iPhoto on the second one and then copy them from the first HD. Will also star a topic about my mod.

Aqua-

Thanks for the link mate, il keep an eye out on the uk ebay over the next few weeks.

If you do manage to find one and pm me that would be awesome, i tried to buy one from america a few weeks ago but the seller said he couldnt ship outside the us.....and now its back on sale, shipping to europe, at double the price.

Baudouin-

Sounds good, il be sure to check out your thread when it comes up.

As a side note, i applied for a job with vadim uk today as a freelance designer. It would be great if they started releasing products that ive designed....that is, if i get the job lol

• 2 weeks later...
good idea Baudouin, do you have any pictures? they would be really helpful, just to get a better idea of your mod.

I was just looking at the side of the macpro case and im trying to figure out if its possible to lower the floor, yet keeping the bottom from sticking out below the line of the outer case.

TIG might be my only option, but lets see your photos to prove me wrong.

I post the pictures tomorrow. Get my Cube back on track. New HDD 80 Gb Pata, reinstall Tiger, got back the data from the second HDD.

Will start a new topic : "My NOT yet finished Hack the Tosh" :)

Hey thanks vbetts,

My Hackie is still going strong, now Netkas fixed sleep with his latest kernel, everything is working 100%. Gigabyte GA33M-DS2R is a great board for a hackintosh. It has all the overclocking facilities of it's big brothers but in a smaller form factor. With a Quad core, Geekbench hits 7500. The dual 3 gig mac pro at work with Quadro FX 4500 only manages 6250. I am one happy chappie!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm looking to do something like this, But no where near as good! (I dont have the skils) But what i wondering is what Mobo did you use in there? Atm i have a Asus Striker Extreme, but some knowing my luck its not going to fit! Any internal sizes of the case would be great.

Thanks

It certainly won't fit without hacking the top shelf. Micro ATX is the way to go for minimum fuss, but I am intending to tackle a full size conversion soon as soon as I can find some time.

• 1 year later...

Can you figure me out EXACTLY how to connect the Front Panel from a G5 case to my Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P mobo?

This is what I found until now. Thank you in advance.

The PDF Manual for my motherboard here: http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Motherb...mp;FileID=19436

This I found but on Firewire is not quite clear for my brain.

post-35066-1270658226_thumb.jpg

This are the connectors on my mobo:

Links Broken

and some other PDF:

G5_power_button_PDFonline1.pdf

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I am new in here. I got myself a nice Mac Pro Early 2009 case. I want to mod it to a matx hackintosh.

I would like to connect the front panel to an ga-p55m-ud4.

Does anyone know the 44-pin layout of the new Mac Pro (early 2009) front panel?

Thanks