PS2 Driver for stock ACPI for Leopard! with EFI boot Laptop users rejoice!

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

kklietuvis

kklietuvis

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

EDIT and UPDATE
Laptop users, rejoice! As many of you know with Leopard we got a new ACPIPlatform.kext and despite netkas' and team's advancement with PC EFI, we lost our PS2 controllers (and thus our keyboards and touchpads/trackpads)! This also effected anybody trying to virtualize leopard. So, as netkas pointed out on his blog there is now a nub that let's us use the generic ACPI! This requires Leopard and the generic or toh kernel as well as the ApplePS2Controller.kext from 10.4.x!

Here is the magician's work: http://tgwbd.org/dar...extensions.html

I am very, very thankful. For those of you without compile tools here is the compiled nub. Do not download it without agreeing to licensing terms off the above link and as usual, loading osx on a pc is illeagal unless you are an apple developer... cheers :)

UPDATE: As MacGirl points out the OSBundleLibraries in the Info.plist need to match the current version of your kext. MacNub recompiled it for 10.5.2 here.

Note: as MacGirl points out you lose your battery meter with the stock acpi. To install this you must be running PC EFI and leopard and have the stock AppleACPIPlatform.kext handy as well as ApplePS2Controller.kext. If you already have a running leopard install, but don't know how to install kexts, this isn't for you. As netkas says, "PC EFI is not for noobs" and this is on top of it. If you have PC EFI going and want to use it, simply backup your current /System/Library/Extenions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext to a safe location and replace with the original from Leopard and add this nub (this assumes you already have the ApplePS2Controller.kext) to your etensions folder. Repair permissions and off you go.

Hey there,
REALLY appreciate some help here;
I have an Acer Aspire5000 which I'm trying to run SnowLeopard on.
When I insert iATKOS s3 ver2 and boot from it, I'll get to the language select menu of the install, and then I'm stuck, because the keyboard and mouse on the laptop are not functional. I know I have to connect a ps2 mouse to get by this, however, I've got another annoying stipulation; there is no ps2 slot. Yes, I found the plastic piece covering where is SHOULD be.... buuut it's not there. it's just a hole, with no pins... I have no idea...
So I'm thinking, is there any way add the voodoops2controller.kext, which would otherwise solve this, to the .iso I have FIRST, then burn the disk, and then install SL with the built-in trackpad and keyboard.
Than you very much if you could help!!!
-kk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy