PS2 Driver for stock ACPI for Leopard! with EFI boot Laptop users rejoice!

jharleman

41 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I have a question: can someone compile it for 10.5.2 ?

Regards,

Mariusz.

i got the probleme here with 10.5.2 shows now : Couldn't alloc class "AppleACPIPS2Nub"

no keyboard and trackpad work anymore.

i am hooked up with usb key+mouse now, this still works...

may anybody please help me ?

thx

Does the PS2Nub.kext work with PS2 keyboard and Usb Mouse connected to Ps2 using an adapter?

I tried everything, but I never succeded in getting work the Ps2 ports with vanilla ACPI...

I'm under 10.5.2, I also tried the new kext posted by mac.nub, nothing change :)

Any suggestions?

you need to edit the ACPIPS2Nub.kext info.plist to match the 10.5.2 kexts in the OSBlundleLibraries, if they don't match it wont load.

ACPIPS2Nub was created when 10.5.1 and has previous versions.

• 1 month later...

how would i know if they match? i dont even know what to search for :P umm im basically having the same problem as everyone else. no ps2 keyboard. i copied the ACPIPS2Nub.kext into the AppleACPIPlatform and what not but it still doesnt load.

could someone explain what needs to be changed :P?

Don't copy to the AppleACPIPlatform, leave it directly in the Extensions directory, (check ownership and permission, that ar cause for not loading) check with System Profiler or kextstat (on terminal) if it loads.

Alsho Check OSBundleLibraries in its Info.plist, it need to match the current version of your kest or it wont load.

• 1 month later...

AFAIK ATAblocking error has nothing to do with PS2nub.

You can use PS2Nub if you are using the vanilla AppleACPIPlatform (since the vanilla lack of the PS2 kexts)

I din't watch a difference with Vanilla or Modded APCIPlatform kexts.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
AFAIK ATAblocking error has nothing to do with PS2nub.

You can use PS2Nub if you are using the vanilla AppleACPIPlatform (since the vanilla lack of the PS2 kexts)

I din't watch a difference with Vanilla or Modded APCIPlatform kexts.

two lines in info.plist

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I upgraded to 10.5.4 but lost my trackpad. Can someone post the vanilla ACPI kext?

I have tried several combinations of ACPI + PS2 + other plugins and drivers from FFScroll with no luck.

It was all working in 10.5.2. Reverting to old kexts doesnt work either... ;)

Thanks,

Vikram

• 4 months later...

Not sure why but I managed to get this working on 10.5.4

I was trying to install Jas 10.5.4 on my Samsung laptop and I kept getting the dreaded "No Keyboard" stuff and also I was getting no Wi-fi which I found strange but the Jas disk was not finding my DW1390 during boot.

So I went back to my Leo4All V2 disk, installed that with the correct options, then at reboot I put the Jas disk in and only selected the Jas essentials, the Stage XNU kernal and NVKush (since it was NVInject on the Leo4All). On reboot everything worked perfectly apart from the battery indicator which was solved using one of the methods i found here (can't remember which one, oh my brain!!).

Hope this might help someone, I just do not know why it was not working using Jas, maybe that is designed for desktop systems or something. Still it worked really easily using the method above and i now have a perfect 10.5.4 install including throttling using Chun Nan's GenericCPU thing.

• 1 year later...
EDIT and UPDATE

Laptop users, rejoice! As many of you know with Leopard we got a new ACPIPlatform.kext and despite netkas' and team's advancement with PC EFI, we lost our PS2 controllers (and thus our keyboards and touchpads/trackpads)! This also effected anybody trying to virtualize leopard. So, as netkas pointed out on his blog there is now a nub that let's us use the generic ACPI! This requires Leopard and the generic or toh kernel as well as the ApplePS2Controller.kext from 10.4.x!

Here is the magician's work: http://tgwbd.org/darwin/extensions.html

I am very, very thankful. For those of you without compile tools here is the compiled nub. Do not download it without agreeing to licensing terms off the above link and as usual, loading osx on a pc is illeagal unless you are an apple developer... cheers :)

UPDATE: As MacGirl points out the OSBundleLibraries in the Info.plist need to match the current version of your kext. MacNub recompiled it for 10.5.2 here.

Note: as MacGirl points out you lose your battery meter with the stock acpi. To install this you must be running PC EFI and leopard and have the stock AppleACPIPlatform.kext handy as well as ApplePS2Controller.kext. If you already have a running leopard install, but don't know how to install kexts, this isn't for you. As netkas says, "PC EFI is not for noobs" and this is on top of it. If you have PC EFI going and want to use it, simply backup your current /System/Library/Extenions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext to a safe location and replace with the original from Leopard and add this nub (this assumes you already have the ApplePS2Controller.kext) to your etensions folder. Repair permissions and off you go.

Hey there,

REALLY appreciate some help here;

I have an Acer Aspire5000 which I'm trying to run SnowLeopard on.

When I insert iATKOS s3 ver2 and boot from it, I'll get to the language select menu of the install, and then I'm stuck, because the keyboard and mouse on the laptop are not functional. I know I have to connect a ps2 mouse to get by this, however, I've got another annoying stipulation; there is no ps2 slot. Yes, I found the plastic piece covering where is SHOULD be.... buuut it's not there. it's just a hole, with no pins... I have no idea...

So I'm thinking, is there any way add the voodoops2controller.kext, which would otherwise solve this, to the .iso I have FIRST, then burn the disk, and then install SL with the built-in trackpad and keyboard.

Than you very much if you could help!!!

-kk