OsX86 EFI bootloader install

kamikaze

106 posts in this topic

Hmm.. Gave the v4 a try using the non-grub method, kernel. I get a kpanic. Core 2 duo (E6550), Asus P5K-VM, ICH9, G33. I used the BrazilMac install method for original install, and I can boot using that style of booting just fine.

Attached is a screen capture from the panic.

post-147721-1194877301_thumb.jpg

are you using the brazil mach kernel?

are you using the brazil mach kernel?

Indeed I am. I've not changed out any kexts or anything either since doing the install, just followed the v4 instructions and attempted to reboot. I didn't want to swap in the smbios kext there either until I was sure that things would at least boot without.

I can still get the whole thing to boot up from the brazilmac dvd.

Indeed I am. I've not changed out any kexts or anything either since doing the install, just followed the v4 instructions and attempted to reboot. I didn't want to swap in the smbios kext there either until I was sure that things would at least boot without.

I can still get the whole thing to boot up from the brazilmac dvd.

the brazilmac kernal does not work with efi

use this one:

Strange - I got this package - installed kernel and kext set - could not make the system boot - kernel panic. When I booted with -v -f I got messages about the efi kernel and then about sync failures that said it was backing up! Clock running backward or..?

Fortunately, I had a backup Extensions and kernel which I had to re-install using the terminal from an install DVD. Sad, I was hoping this one would work for me.

Delete appleEFIRuntime.kext and try.

it gives me

Darwin zach-thefinalprophecy-acpi.local 9.0.0 Darwin Kernel Version 9.0.0: Tue Oct  9 21:35:55 PDT 2007; root:xnu-1228~1/RELEASE_I386 i386

i also did "ls -la" command in terminal and the filesize is exactly the same as my backup, so therefor the copy did not take place. why is this? even using the -i parameter (prompt for overwrite)--it asks me to overwrite.. i choose yes--it still doesn't copy.

update 1: i ended up using Pacifist to open up the Brazilmac DVD (which has the unmodified kernel in it that requires post-patching). Found mach_kernel in the packages, right clicked and did "install to default location". worked fine, but now I have the black screen of kernel death!

update 2: that kernel (from the brazilmac dvd) crashed my system with a black screen. had to restore my backup kernel.

type this in a terminal

defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE

it will show all your files, hidden and all. so you know if it did move or not

Hi all, I have a problem. when I use BrasilMac DVD or Toh DVD my intel gma950 woks fine, no problems, I have all the resolutions, but when install the EFI bootloader Leopard detects my gma950 fine but I have only one resolution 1024x768. Is there a fix to this? My mainboard is Intel D945GCL and I'm using the original apple kernel. Thanks in advance.

Tavo.

Hi all, I have a problem. when I use BrasilMac DVD or Toh DVD my intel gma950 woks fine, no problems, I have all the resolutions, but when install the EFI bootloader Leopard detects my gma950 fine but I have only one resolution 1024x768. Is there a fix to this? My mainboard is Intel D945GCL and I'm using the original apple kernel. Thanks in advance.

Tavo.

that is a know problem. you must have one advantage though and that is you do not have mouse tearing. To get the right resolution you need to use an older gma950 kext (use the one from Jas). That will give you the correct resolution but you will notice some minor mouse tearing.

Interesting, when I put the vanilla leopard appleACPIPlatform.kext onto my install, the keyboard on my laptop is not responding. on Inspiron 6400, core duo, gma950. putting the one from ToH's install back fixes it.

weird

known issue, using vanilla ACPIPlatform will lose all PS/2 ports...

Read the title.

It allows you to use OS X without modifying the kernel.

Good Question. Even install EFI. All PC need to install patch for some hardware. Example sound card, PCI card............ :( . Because PC not a Apple PC. Hardware design little different. EFI is help some PC user to run some apple software. Like the bootcamp.

Look at your screenshot !

the kernel is even telling you what file is bothering him : AppleEFIRuntime.kext ;)

just remove it + remove AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext (if not done already) + add dsmos.kext + IONetworkingFamily binary from Netkas + AppleSMBios.kext if about Mac crashes

find them on irc.osx86.hu #leopard or forum.osx86scene.com

cheers!

Hmm.. Gave the v4 a try using the non-grub method, kernel. I get a kpanic. Core 2 duo (E6550), Asus P5K-VM, ICH9, G33. I used the BrazilMac install method for original install, and I can boot using that style of booting just fine.

Attached is a screen capture from the panic.

post-147721-1194877301_thumb.jpg

Hi,

I'm trying to get this installed on my hack. I ran the startup tool without any problems. I'm still running the ToH kernel though. How do I know if it's worked? I don't really want to try a vanilla kernel if it hasn't.

I've tried running up the IORegistryExplorer to see if I can see efi in the device tree but there's nothing there as you can see on the attachment.

post-80371-1194803708_thumb.png

Looking at netkas' website, he seems to have that. netkas pic

anybody got any ideas?

cheers,

Matt

hi, excuse me the OT, but which probgram you used for list this kext? I can't find anything in apple utility... thanks

Hello! Just wanted to ask if this method works only for Core 2 Duo systems (simmilar hardware to iMac, Macbook, Mac Mini) or if it would also work with a dual CPU, quad core Xeon system, simmilar to Mac Pro??

I can access a Mac Pro, if original firmware extraction is needed.

Would also be glad to beta test...!