World of Warcraft

blitha

76 posts in this topic

ctrl+r shows you the FPS. :D

You guys with the proper hardware to install 10.4.4 should now try Diablo II and StarCraft to let us know if Maxxuss cracked Rosetta correctly this time :)

Go, go, Doug ! (i know you have SSE3 but don't know about NX etc)

Can anybody please repost the 1.9.3 wow.app file?

The file previously posted is expired.

I've patched my WoW in Windows to 1.9.3, so I could just copy entire dir to my osx partition and then use the patched 1.9.3 .app file instead of .exe I suppose.

So, please, anybody want to post the file?

Thanks.

here is the file

EDIT: Removed content violating DMCA

here is the file

sorry just had to edit that :dev: oh and that's the 1.9.4 app file by the way to get this up and running you have to do these steps they were posted before here but I post them again

1. Copied over already patched 1.9.4 XP WoW folder to /Applications Folder on OSx86 side.

2. Downloaded and Extracted the 1.9.4 WoW .app file linked in Post #39 to that same WoW folder I copied over.

3. Double-Clicked the WoW .app file I just downloaded.

sorry just had to edit that :) oh and that's the 1.9.4 app file by the way to get this up and running you have to do these steps they were posted before here but I post them again

1. Copied over already patched 1.9.4 XP WoW folder to /Applications Folder on OSx86 side.

2. Downloaded and Extracted the 1.9.4 WoW .app file linked in Post #39 to that same WoW folder I copied over.

3. Double-Clicked the WoW .app file I just downloaded.

No need to do this trick to patch WoW now in 10.4.4, it works correctly running it through Rosetta with a Radeon card !!!

I know you cant post it here but would someone be able to pm me with the 1.9.3 or 1.9.4 app. I cant find it anywhere. Thanks!

The best thing is to get 10.4.4 or 10.4.5, WoW works under Rosetta with this version so you will be able to patch it all the way through 1.9.4.

So will WoW work with GMA900 if running 10.4.4? I just tried it (on 10.4.3, 10.4.4 won't install correctly yet), and I got the same problem. Everything is fine until I actually enter the realm. I get a bunch of graphical glitches and I can run aorund for about 3 seconds and then it freezes.

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday i managed it also to get WoW to run.

With 10.4.3 no chance. I could watch the intro movie, after that i got a black screen and nothing happens at all.

After installing 10.4.4 WoW runs and i was able to patch it (by the way, with the original 10.4.4 my network card doesn´t run...so i installed the base system of a prepatched 10.4.4 to 10.4.5 DVD and now everything works fine).

If anyone needs the 1.9.4 WoW app, plz pm me.

I'm running 10.4.5 on my laptop with a Radeon 9700 Mobility GPU. I was able to install and fully patch the game without any problem. However, the game itself will intermittently freeze for a few seconds, and sometimes decide not to unfreeze. It's also relatively slow compared to Windows, but that's not unexpected. Any suggestions?

If you have a pentium m or any processor that does not have SSE3 you will have problems with intermittent freezing. This has to to do with drivers, and software using SSE3 instructions. Although maxxuss emulates alot of those SSE3 instructions, the translation is very slow, and sometimes buggy and incomplete. If you want games like WoW or Doom 3... ie. games compiled, *after* the intel macs have been released to work either get a cpu that supports SSE3 or even better.... get a real intel mac : ) Its even better now that you can boot windows on them. As soon as the Powermac tower that has real PCI Express slots is released (ie. so that I can upgrade it) I will definately be buying one. for now this athlon 64 sse2 will have to do!

• 3 weeks later...

I've got an issue here and after ages of searching I can't find a solution. Here's what happens: I launch the installer, get the bounce but it doesn't crash, instead it gives me sound but no installation gui. Any ideas?

System:

Pentium D 920

Asus P5LD2-VM

1GB DDR667

MacOS 10.4.4 installed from MacOSX_10.4.4DVDPATCHED_Myz.iso

Getting WoW to run ala OS X was my main goal in life last month. The install takes an eternity. If you reload X frequently save the World of Warcraft directory on a second drive and save yourself a lot of time. Right now I'm running it off of a Samba share on my linux box, over a 100MB link without problem.

Got it running on my Athlon64 box (system1) and the performance isn't too bad, in spite of not having SSE3. The fps ranges from 30-50 most of the time with the video settings maxed out in-game, 1280x1024x32.

• 4 weeks later...

all link expired !! any can upload all updates ?

i need :

1.9.0 to 1.9.1

1.9.1 to 1.9.2

1.9.2 to 1.9.3

1.9.3 to 1.9.4 (to play in hacked servers)

or plz sendme thats files to jbialet (at) gmail.com

• 3 weeks later...

Runs on a HP nc8000 with 10.4.6 as good as on Windows or Linux ^_^

D3D not OpenGL, because my Mousecursor are shattered over the screen after i get back on desktop after playing a game in OpenGL :dev:

But OSX is Pirately better then Windows :graduated: YARRRR!

Runs on a HP nc8000 with 10.4.6 as good as on Windows or Linux ^_^

D3D not OpenGL, because my Mousecursor are shattered over the screen after i get back on desktop after playing a game in OpenGL :D

But OSX is Pirately better then Windows :) YARRRR!

Errrr, OSX doesn't use Microsoft DirectX (ie D3D) at ALL.

WoW does use OpenGL, and while it doesn't make the mouse scrambles, it doesn't mean it doesn't use OpenGL.

3D Acceleration on OSX is provided thanks to OpenGL support ; Blizzard even claimed so !