Abit IP35-E everything works except waking from sleep

99 posts in this topic

i intalled leo from kalyway and im getting com.apple.driver.ApplePCIConfigurator message. do you know what this error means? thanks for the help. ip35-e is on the osx86 HCL. they used flat image i wonder how they make the board work. because i tried every installer from tiger to leo and still no luck. :-(

hmm I'm using IP35 (not E or Pro).. but I'm still using IDE mode rather than raid/AHCI so AFAIK shouldn't be too much different, iAtkos V1.0i worked right out of the box (minus the Network/Sound), Sata DVD Drive on Sata 1, Primary HDD on Sata 3.. nothing special in BIOS just enabled USB keyboard. maybe give that a go?

finally i had successfully installed kalyway 10.5.1+Vanilla Kernel on my abit ip35-e. LAN works out of the box. my 7300GT is fully working. audio patching in progress. restart doesnt work. shutdown works. my only problem is i cant boot without the dvd installer on my drive. and is there a way to use my wireless usb network adapter (Linksys WUSB11)? i need it badly for my internet connection.

sata dvd on sata port 2

my problem as of now is i cannot boot without the dvd installer on my drive and i have no sound yet.

Don't know the reason why you need the dvd installer to boot. But sound is pretty easy. The easiest is to spend about $5, buy, and use a USB sound card available on Ebay. No driver or kext modification is required.

update: i successfully installed kaly leo but my installation is very unstable. i had to restart my pc several times until it successfully boot. same on the kaly installer. sometimes it will boot smoothly several times not.

• 4 weeks later...

Installed Kally 10.5.1 (options: efi-mbr, nvinject); upgraded to 10.5.2 using Kally combo pack, Kally kernel, and Apple graphic update. Installing Leopard was a piece of cake compared to installing Tiger. VMWare is not needed. Just pop the DVD in the drive, and click a few buttons.

I was able to install XxX 10.4.11 directly using a SATA DVD burner. The only trick I can see with booting is that osx will only will boot from the first device listed in the BIOS. The directions in the first post for installing the networking work, but I wasn't happy with only stereo sound output. I finally got full audio support by using Taruga's AppleHDAPatcher v1.20 and alc888.txt.

mumford,Do you think you can post your AppleAzaliaAudio.kext? I have Abit IP35-Pro and tried what you said for ALC888 however was unsuccessful. I still do not see the volume icon and the options are grayed out in Sys Preferences.
I don't have my AppleAzaliaAudio.kext anymore. I wiped Tiger when I installed Leopard and I am using a cheapy $5 USB sound card for audio now.

Also like to point out that you do not need the SIL3132 card when installing and running Leopard. EFI can read the standard SATA ports on the mobo.

Installed Kally 10.5.1 (options: efi-mbr, nvinject); upgraded to 10.5.2 using Kally combo pack, Kally kernel, and Apple graphic update. Installing Leopard was a piece of cake compared to installing Tiger. VMWare is not needed. Just pop the DVD in the drive, and click a few buttons.

Sorry could you go over again your install settings and SATA connections?

I got mine to install, but I get a boot.plist error if I boot with the Kaly DVD in the drive,

or if I take it out it just doesn't do anything when it tries to boot from HD.

Yes, its set to the first device BIOS boot.

I know you did EFI-MBR, and nvinject.

Sorry could you go over again your install settings and SATA connections?

I got mine to install, but I get a boot.plist error if I boot with the Kaly DVD in the drive,

or if I take it out it just doesn't do anything when it tries to boot from HD.

Yes, its set to the first device BIOS boot.

I know you did EFI-MBR, and nvinject.

I have my Samsung DVD burner on SATA1 and Samsung HD on SATA2 and the Kaly 10.5.1 DVD booted without having the boot.plist error.

My boot order, via Bios, is set to DVD first and Hard Drive second. You may also want to check the "Hard Drive" boot order in your Bios and make sure that your desired hard drive is booted first.

All other Bios settings are unmodified (except 2.2V Ram voltage), So, if there is no disc in the DVD burner, hard drive should boot.

During installation, I followed the Kally prompts, reformatted hard drive, and installed with options selected. After you installed 10.5.1 onto the hard drive, you should remove any Disc from the DVD.

I am not sure what caused the problems that you are experiencing.

I have my Samsung DVD burner on SATA1 and Samsung HD on SATA2 and the Kaly 10.5.1 DVD booted without having the boot.plist error.

My boot order, via Bios, is set to DVD first and Hard Drive second. You may also want to check the "Hard Drive" boot order in your Bios and make sure that your desired hard drive is booted first.

All other Bios settings are unmodified (except 2.2V Ram voltage), So, if there is no disc in the DVD burner, hard drive should boot.

During installation, I followed the Kally prompts, reformatted hard drive, and installed with options selected. After you installed 10.5.1 onto the hard drive, you should remove any Disc from the DVD.

I am not sure what caused the problems that you are experiencing.

Hi, I had it set to GUID-format, thats why it wasn't working ><

I have suceessfully installed it now, but I have the problem someone else was having, where you must have the Kalyway DVD to boot. Disconnecting the DVD drive, or otherwise moving the SATA-HD to different ports would not let it boot from the HD. Yes, HD is set to first boot in BIOS.

When it tries, it just hangs at "Verifying DMI", and locks up with the HD-access light on.

I think I had this problem with a leopard flat install on a gigabyte mobo, if I remember correctly its fixed with some extra boot files, fdisk, and bless. I'll give that a shot and see what happens.

I also can't get my keyboard to work, but it's PS/2..yeah I'll probably have to get a USB one.

When you move the hard drive to another port, you may need to clear CMOS of the mobo. Consult your Abit manual.

That's a pretty annoying quirk =p

I've noticed when I plug in or unplug a system fan, the bios likes to complain about that too which is rather odd.

Anyway, I tried clearing the CMOS and its still doing it, but the DMI message says "Update Success" but still pauses with the HD light on. Ctrl alt delete works.

Anyway, I tried clearing the CMOS and its still doing it, but the DMI message says "Update Success" but still pauses with the HD light on. Ctrl alt delete works.

this appears to be an Abit mobo issue and has nothing to do with your OSX installation. Maybe you can post a question and ask those guys at the Abit forum. I am really not sure what is going on

I suppose that you can upgrade Bios to the latest version and see if it solves any problem.

The old bios had a double boot problem: the system booted up, powered down, and then rebooted successfully the second time. There is a flaw in P35 chipset and different manufacturers come up with different work-arounds for the problem. Abit fixed aforementioned problem in the recent releases of bios.

It seems Kalyway isn't running the post-script install of the bootloader for some reason. I'm sure I checked the "Bootfix MBR" thing. In any event, here's how you would do it manually so you don't need to have the DVD in the drive to boot.

Boot to the Kalyway installer, and open up terminal and type:

diskutil list

This will give you a list of your partitions, and what disk they are on. You'll want to find your leopard partition, so if its on your first disk, first partition it would probably be disk0s1

sudo fdisk -e /dev/rdiskX ( replace X and x with the disk/partition you will restore the image to)

fdisk: 1> update

Machine code updated.

fdisk:*1> f 1

Partition 1 marked active.

fdisk:*1> w

Device could not be accessed exclusively.

A reboot will be needed for changes to take effect. OK? [n] y

Writing MBR at offset 0.

fdisk: 1> q

Now the partition is active use the following to make it bootable.

First, Lets Unmount the disk: In terminal type:

diskutil umount diskXsx

Browse to the i386 folder inside the Kalyway DVD

cd /Volumes/Leopard_Install_Osx86/usr/standalone/i386

Then type this:

dd if=boot1h of=/dev/rdiskXsx bs=512 count=1

Now, lets run the startup tool to embed the boot code:

./startupfiletool -v /dev/rdiskXsx boot

And last, lets give the pope’s blessing to the partition:

bless -device /dev/diskXsx -setBoot –verbose

Now, mount and bless the mount:

diskutil mount diskXsx

bless -mount /Volumes/YOUR_VOLUME_NAME -setBoot -verbose

If you used GUID, I think there are some bootfiles in the GUID folder within i386.

Hope this helps anyone whos having problems, and thanks everyone for the tips in the thread :)

• 2 months later...

Hello, I just wondered if there was any update on the sleep issue, now that you use Leopard.

I'm considering buying the Abit IP35 (No E, no pro) because it's the cheapest mobo I can get, that still allows for OC and has firewire ports.

But I'd really like to know if waking from sleep will work, even if not now, maybe in the future?

Thanks for this thread.

I would have gone for the Gigabyte P35-DS4 instead, which is 40€ more expensive.

The computer still does not wake after sleep. I am beginning to think that it is actually a graphic card related issue.

The computer may have awaken but the monitor has not, so I have no idea.

Other than that, the system has been running flawlessly and silently since I replaced the mobo and CPU.

mumford!

Hi! your work with Abit IP35-E is great!

I'm working with MacOSX almost one year. I started with MacOS 10.4.8. two month ago i installed 10.5.2...

my PC is Asus P4PE, Celeron 2.8, NVIDIA 5500FX.

All these OS have been installed ideal...

Now I have new PC at home. I want to install MacOSX on my home machine. But I can't...

I have Abit IP35-E, C2Q 2.4 Q6600, 2 Gb RAM, ATI Radeon HD2600Pro... BIOS rev is 17.

i have JaS 10.4.8 and Leo4All 10.5.2... With both systems I have the same error...

Not "boot.plist not found"

I have: "Waiting for boot device with UUID....."

After 17-th rev of bios I had boot Leo once... but it is one of 10 attempts...

Please help me to install Leo... I need it... I can't live without it... ;)

Please help...