Abit IP35-E everything works except waking from sleep

99 posts in this topic

I installed a 7600GS Silent card (the one with the Heatsink) on my system and Sleep has worked correctly ever since. It's nice to get up to dark monitors. moe the mouse and all is alive. Before this It would lock up (I suppose) with the display bright as the dickens. LOL.

I installed a 7600GS Silent card (the one with the Heatsink) on my system and Sleep has worked correctly ever since. It's nice to get up to dark monitors. moe the mouse and all is alive. Before this It would lock up (I suppose) with the display bright as the dickens. LOL.

Do you have a link to the exact card (brand and model) that you have?

Yes... Only SATA...

So you think that Kally will help me? Badly to download 5 Gb again... But if there is no other way... So.. I need it..

Kally worked for me. I have not used the other two install discs that you mentioned.

Hoho!

We did it! Leo is on my PC!!! I download Kally... And touch some knobs... :(

So.. One interesting moment... After install, On welcome screen where you fill registration forms such as country and etc I hear music.. yes! i hear music! but after reboot no audio work... so leo work with int. sound card.

What you think about this?

Hoho!

We did it! Leo is on my PC!!! I download Kally... And touch some knobs... :)

So.. One interesting moment... After install, On welcome screen where you fill registration forms such as country and etc I hear music.. yes! i hear music! but after reboot no audio work... so leo work with int. sound card.

What you think about this?

Congrat on your install. If you are asking how to fix audio, my suggestion is to spend $5 and buy a USB sound card on Ebay. That is what I did.

With audio I haven't problem. I download some kexts...

But... I have one problem. I haven't stable boot. I can't know will my system with Leo boot OK or no... And I have various error... From wait for boot device to freeze on BSM (or something like this) system...

What is wrong? Did anybody know?

Wait for you help...

. And I have various error... From wait for boot device to freeze on BSM (or something like this) system...

I have never had a boot problem, except sometimes the kext of the NVinject failed to load. I fixed the problem by manually encoding "-v" into the boot process. Thus, verbose mode is used on every boot.

Can you tell me which kernel you use to boot? Which kernel you select to install

And... If you can write here all checkboxes that you are select...

Maybe I select something wrong?

You UNSELECT all of them

The only options that I selected (Kaly 10.5.2) are

video. Pick one that you like.

SIL 3132, as I boot with a SIL 3132 card.

I am pretty sure that I am booting vanilla.

So... Cool... Now I'm using vanilla...

Some of problems are in past...

But... I have very often freezing system on boot...

System freezing on:

localhost kernel[0]: BSM auditing present

This freeze are present almost before every boot... What is this?

And one more problem... Did you have work Time Machine?

My time machine working... But after every work my boot sector of MacOS are crashed... What's wrong?

I need to reinstall Mac for work... Why? Have you this errors?

And one more thing.

When Bootloader MacOS starts I have messsage:

2048 Mb (memory)

VESA v.3.0 16 Mb - why here are only 16 Mb VideoRAM?

On other machine with NVIDIA FX5500 bootloader show all 128 Mb RAM... Why?

Some of problems are in past...

Good

But... I have very often freezing system on boot...

System freezing on:

localhost kernel[0]: BSM auditing present

This freeze are present almost before every boot... What is this?

Not sure what that is about. What peripherials do you have on your computer?

I google "BSM auditing localhost" and I found this link

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=7022349

And one more problem... Did you have work Time Machine?

My time machine working... But after every work my boot sector of MacOS are crashed... What's wrong?

I need to reinstall Mac for work... Why? Have you this errors?

Sorry, have not used Time Machine yet. I know, I know that I should use it and backup more often.

And one more thing.

When Bootloader MacOS starts I have messsage:

2048 Mb (memory)

VESA v.3.0 16 Mb - why here are only 16 Mb VideoRAM?

On other machine with NVIDIA FX5500 bootloader show all 128 Mb RAM... Why?

Not sure either. You can also replace the applesmbios.kext and see if it solves any problem. But if this error does not affect performance, I would not worry about it.

post-119553-1212479156_thumb.jpg

Here is...

This has never happened to me before. At the Abit bios screen, turn all the peripherial items to off if you are not using them. For example, I have no IDE devices, so I turn IDE to off.

P.S. And here is another question...

Have you Shut down and restart your machine? How?

To shut down, just use regular finder command. I don't think restart works after I switch to vanilla kernel. Restart works on the old 10.4 install.

• 3 weeks later...

maybe my system freezing on BSD auditing present because I have use my onboard SATA slots and you are using silicon card?Can you try install MacOSX on native SATA, not silicon?Have another question: which SMBios you are using? Last netkas? Or something else?When I install my system I uncheck all parameters, except network driver, usb patch, SMBios. And that's all...

And I have my old problem. System boot very badly. System booting after 5-th o 6-th try! I don't like that...Can you help with this my global and last problem?

maybe my system freezing on BSD auditing present because I have use my onboard SATA slots and you are using silicon card?

Don't think so. Onboard SATA is used for DVD burner.

Can you try install MacOSX on native SATA, not silicon?

Yes. In fact, my original Leopard 10.5.1 install was using native SATA, and not SIL3132, as Kalyway has not included the SIL driver on his/her dvd.

Have another question: which SMBios you are using? Last netkas?

Yes. netkas

Or something else?When I install my system I uncheck all parameters, except network driver, usb patch, SMBios. And that's all...

Wrong. You also uncheck network driver and usb patch and smbios. In fact you uncheck everything except video and SIL (if needed)

System booting after 5-th o 6-th try! I don't like that...Can you help with this my global and last problem?

I am not sure why you have booting problem, as I have maybe one failed boot in the past 6 months. Do you have problem booting from XP? It is possible that it is a hardware problem. Maybe a faulty hard drive?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I am not sure why you have booting problem, as I have maybe one failed boot in the past 6 months. Do you have problem booting from XP? It is possible that it is a hardware problem. Maybe a faulty hard drive?

Hm... I will try install Leo without any patch and drivers... Maybe it will help... With Xp or Vista I haven't problems with booting or etc...

• 2 months later...
mumford!

Hey! Can I ask you? Can you install Leo using native motherboard SATA controller without silicon image?

I still can't make stable boot :(

Are you still using PS2 keyboard/mouse? Try USB keyboard & mouse and i think that will fix your unstable boot issue. Good luck.

• 1 month later...

I dont know if this can help but anyone here that have unstable boot problem you can try to disable "usb" option in "intgrated...." in BIOS

hope that help

oh and btw restart and shutdown work well here...never try sleep so I dont know about sleep things

I just have only problem about installing retail leopard I cant use my PS2 mouse (keyboard is ok) but when I try to use an USB mouse then my keyboard not working

maybe I just have to use USB keyboard and mouse afterall