New build 4560 of Parallels available

31 posts in this topic

I can start it up to the My Boot Camp - Parallels Desktop but as soon as I click on Start Virtual Machine, I get kernel panic and the restart your computer dialog. This is a first for me, no problems with previous builds.

I am using JAS 10.4.8 upgraded to 10.4.8 with koolkal's 10.4.10 updater, running on an intel core duo, 945 motherboard, 2gigs of memory (HP DV6205us laptop)

Crash too. I think that not an AppleSMBIOS.kext problem, but a Hypervisor, ConnectUSB ou other kexts that are incompatible with Hackintoshes. I think that kexts now are using EFI to control hardware buses (such PCI/AGP/SATA);

I'm reading some logs from console and the logs indicate that the panic was made from bad kexts. (i tjink)

the crashlogs seemed to indicate a problem with vmmain.kext

Honestly I think the best bet is to wait for the next build and see what happens.. then if need be start working on it then if the problem persists. I'm fairly confident we won't see any problems in the future build... mostly.

Both the 4562 and 5060 builds correct the problem. Lucky for hackintosh users some of the Mac Mini users had the same issue.. so it got fixed.

If you want to stay with a stable build use the 4562 build posted on the forums over there.. otherwise the 5060 build is nice.