Broadcom bcm43xx wireless driver [beta]

mcsmart

860 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have a big problem with my Hackintosh (iATKOS L2 updated to version 10.7.5). I have a laptop Acer TravelMate 7750G with Broadcom BCM4322 Wireless Network Adapter [vendor id: 4358, device id: 14e4] and I can't install that WiFi on my MAC. I tried all kexts from OSx86, and I read guide about rebrand my adapter, but I have laptop, and there is written that my laptop then can't recognize that adapter.

Hi,

I have dell E6410 with Intel CPU i5 520M and Intel HD graphics card, Intel HD audio. So currently, Ethernet can work.

Dell wireless 1520 (Broadcom Corporation BCM43224 802.11a/b/g/n (rev 01)) cannot work.

Intel HD audio does not work.

It seems HD graphics card partially works since I cannot change resolution from System Preferences.

Could you please help me enable the Broadcom WIFI in Mountain lion and HD audio?

Thanks in advance.

There is no WIFI icon in the top bar. My card also has 14e4:4353.

Enable-
02:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM43224 802.11a/b/g/n (rev 01)
Subsystem: Dell Wireless 1520 Half-size Mini PCIe Card
Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 17
Memory at f4100000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable)
Capabilities: [40] Power Management version 3
Capabilities: [58] Vendor Specific Information <?>
Capabilities: [48] Message Signalled Interrupts: Mask- 64bit+ Queue=0/0 Enable-
Capabilities: [d0] Express Endpoint, MSI 00
Capabilities: [100] #14e4
Capabilities: [435] #40

• 3 months later...

Supported Chipsets:

• All Apple AirPort One Cards (4311,4312,4313,4319,431a,432a)

Just wondering, is the status still the same that the BCM4313 is not possible to make work?

I didn't quite understand, cus after all the research I done online, I can't seem to find anyone saying that they got it to work...

But here it is listed as Supported Chipset... or did I understand this incorrectly?

Thanks!

Just wondering, is the status still the same that the BCM4313 is not possible to make work?

I didn't quite understand, cus after all the research I done online, I can't seem to find anyone saying that they got it to work...

But here it is listed as Supported Chipset... or did I understand this incorrectly?

Thanks!

4313 device id.. not chipset.. the one u have is newer and its id 4727. no good.

AR5B91 half size or full size works great no mods.

Forgive me, I still do not understand.

I just have to run this bat

without installing any other kext

Thanks for your help

• [list]
    [*][b]"sudo: ./bcm43xx_enabler.sh: command can not be found[/b][b]"[/b]
    [list]
    [*]N00b Attack: You need to be in the directory you have extracted the file to
    [/list][*][b]"My card shows up as an AirPort but it says disabled or not configured"[/b]

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I'm currently try to get my laptop onboard wifi working.

It's a broadcom 802.11 b/g/n BCM43228 with "14e4,4359" id. I read just few posts ago this chip can't work, it's right ? I tried many things but no luck, nothing's loaded at startup...

I've used the kexts given by the last message on this topic : http://www.insanelym...m-bcm4321-lion/

Then I edit the plist of the kexts and added <string>14e4,4359</string>

At startup I've this :

OSMetaClass: Kext com.apple.driver.AirPortBrcm43224 class AirPort_Brcm43xxTimer is a duplicate;kext com.apple.driver.AirPortBrcm43xx already has a class by that name.
Kext com.apple.driver.AirPortBrcm43224 start failed (result 0xdc00400a).
Kext com.apple.driver.AirPortBrcm43224 failed to load (0xdc008017).
Failed to load kext com.apple.driver.AirPortBrcm43224 (error 0xdc008017).
Couldn't alloc class "AirPort_Brcm43224"

I've proper DSDT if this can help.

Thanks for your help. :)

• 1 month later...

Hello LatinMcG, I have a HP Pavilion DV6 with a Broadcom 4313, and I want to get a new wireless card.

I have a mini usb wlan stick, the chipset is RTL8192CU, it works but just with the Wireless Utitlity from Realtek. Why won't it work with AirPort?

Can I do something, that it works with AirPort?

If not, can you advice me a one good card with bluetooth and one without bluetooth?

And will it be hard for me to remove the Whitelist from my Bios? I have Insyde Bios Version F.1B, the new one is F.1C

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/previousVersions?softwareitem=ob-115758-1&cc=us&destPage=siteHome&dlc=en&lc=en&os=4132&product=5188451&query=hp%20dv6%206b55er&sw_lang=&tool=

F.1b F.1c .. worthless info = the biso version is not unique to 1 model... other bios for different pc can be named F.1c or so.. and its wrong bios andu brick.

if u dont post SP####.exe used by the model u have.

DV6 makes 300 models.. look under battery for model dv6 - #### ?

reason the usb wotn work with airport.. its not mini pcie express or a chip that apple uses.

without bluetooth AR5B91 works..

i seen a report that atheros and bluetooth new card this year works.. forgot model. but its in this forum.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/282954-been-away-from-the-scene-for-a-while-any-wifi-bluetooth-combo-card-working-ootb/#entry1854437

http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-HP-DV7-6b32us-Insyde-SP54846-F-02-Wifi-WWAN-Whitlelist-Removal-Request

http://www.bios-mods.com/BIOS/index.php?dir=Whitelists%2F

older versions only due to RSA encrypted and it needs the mod bios put in HP_TOOLS recovery section of hdd. it will show black screen someday.. and u need to do win B key to reflash from hdd in recovery mode.