been away from the scene for a while any wifi bluetooth combo card working ootb

terramir

5 posts in this topic

does it really have to be out of the box? or little tweaking is fine?

Otherwise I would recommend

AR5B195 combo card like the one called Dell DW1702. Mine I got from ebay, it is a half mini PCI but comes with bracket to make it full mini PCI if needed. Just search for the AR5B195 kext ML for example.

The bluetooth part

needs me to edit the Info.plist to change the ProdID and VendID to match my card, but works like a charm.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

mini PCI if needed. Just search for the AR5B195 kext ML for example.

The bluetooth part

needs me to edit the Info.plist to change the ProdID and VendID to match my card, but works like a charm.

Hi all,

How did you manage to change the ID to activate the bluetooth? You have a tutorial?

• 1 month later...

does it really have to be out of the box? or little tweaking is fine?

Otherwise I would recommend

AR5B195 combo card like the one called Dell DW1702. Mine I got from ebay, it is a half mini PCI but comes with bracket to make it full mini PCI if needed. Just search for the AR5B195 kext ML for example.

The bluetooth part

Hay, Bluetooth works on yours without the firmware loader kext? I've got a Dell DW1702 but have to use an extra kext to load the firmware. I was wondering if there was a version of the card that doesn't need the loader. Do you know which exact card you have? Dell, AzureWave, Lite-on.. there are loads of people selling this card, don't know if they are all exactly the same though.

Thanks,

Tim.