Can't Install Photoshop CS3

ipguy

56 posts in this topic

hi all

i just got my hands on the Adobe Design Studio CS3, pre-release but no matter what i try, i can't get Photoshop to install.

I've tried installing everything, at which point PS fales to install, then uninstalling everything with the provided uninstaller, then trying the installer again only to find that PS will, again, not install.

i know it's got something to do with me installing older versions of PS or CS3 but for the life of me i can't find anything that i can remove so PS CS3 will install.

any pointers would be appreciated.

p.s. i've even tried the PS beta uninstaller over that the green deamon.

hi all

i just got my hands on the Adobe Design Studio CS3, pre-release but no matter what i try, i can't get Photoshop to install.

I've tried installing everything, at which point PS fales to install, then uninstalling everything with the provided uninstaller, then trying the installer again only to find that PS will, again, not install.

i know it's got something to do with me installing older versions of PS or CS3 but for the life of me i can't find anything that i can remove so PS CS3 will install.

no takers ?

It's really strange that some people are having problems getting this to install. I had an old beta of Ps CS3 installed, however, I just removed all traces of anything with "Adobe" in its name - the install went fine.

i've just reinstall the hole OS and the first thing i tried was to install CS3... which failed :-(

Well, photoshop failed everything else installed fine

anyone else having these problem or just me ?

i did let me get you a script later today that will erase ANYTHING adobe by adobe :rolleyes:

will i went a little further didn't i, i reinstall the entire OS and tried to install CS3 again but PS failed again :-(

Used adobes CS3 cleaner and was able to install, but once installed I CS3 crashes instantly...

No mather what I do it's still the same, even removed all traces of adobe from the system, but still no go...

Replaced Paulicats AppleSMBIOS.kext with the default one and CS3 launches.

But now I have a systemprofiler doesn't show hardware information and "About this mac"

reports wrong CPU speed... mmm

Used adobes CS3 cleaner and was able to install, but once installed I CS3 crashes instantly...

No mather what I do it's still the same, even removed all traces of adobe from the system, but still no go...

But now I have a systemprofiler doesn't show hardware information and "About this mac"

oh heck... and i thought my jackington was %100 (bar the jacking part :-)) compatible with applications....

so what does this mean, i can't be the only person experiencing this issue.

is anyone else ?

now what ?

I use Paulicat's AppleSMBIOS.kext and CS3 works fine for me... :)

I'm on the 8.9.1 kernel, if that helps.

still you are better placed than me I can't still anything of the cs3 pack no matter waht I try i'm stuck on the first pop-up window (the drop-zone one) the second window never show up.

i think I will do the same re-instal all the OS

pelegao,

are you trying to apply the patch on CS3? If so , all you need to do is drag and drop the application to the drop zone .

tht is what I want to do so here what happens

I open the creative suite 3

chose any aplication and with that open the drop zone window

by god which file application i have to drop on that zone??/

just for yo to know the second window that appear on the video never show up so where i gona grab this damm aplication

I even tried to re-install the os but stiil dont work...

thank you man for your help I really apreciate that

Ok here's what you need to do :

1. when you open the patch you will see all the application Icon (Ps, AI etc.)

2. Let say double click on PS icon and it will open a drop zone for Photo Shop

3. go to application ---> CS3 folder ---->PS folder----> drag PS icon (the blue icon) to the drop zone that is all you need to do. and do the same thing to all application patch.

HTH

Ok here's what you need to do :

1. when you open the patch you will see all the application Icon (Ps, AI etc.)

2. Let say double click on PS icon and it will open a drop zone for Photo Shop

3. go to application ---> CS3 folder ---->PS folder----> drag PS icon (the blue icon) to the drop zone that is all you need to do. and do the same thing to all application patch.

HTH

man what if I tell you that I don't even have a cs3 folder on apllication or any other part of the system.

That means you do not have the CS3 ( the file size is 2.5 Gb) and all you have is the patch. Sorry you have to get it first before you can patch.

man I'm sure I got the file size was exactley 2.5 gb, and prety ure was the same source that you got...

anyway i'm trying yo dowload it again with a incredible speed of: 0.7 kib :D

so like in about 9 days I will came back for help....

thank you verry much for your help

Finally it worked man I got it again from the same exactly source. but this time worked...

last time it just came the patcher but the size of the file was 2.5 gb man that is strange...

after got it again from the same source it worked ...

man thank you very much for your time I really apreciate that

hi all

isn't anyone else having the same problem ?

isn't anyone else having the same problem ?

I have this same, and I think that it is because I have beta earlier and try uninstall it by dragging to trash bin. I installing uninstall with the adobe installer with no luck "failed to install" I will try another torrent I have 2.5 GB and on net is another bigger 3.66 Gb

IF you used beta before

first of all try to use the photoshop cs3 beta msj uninstaller (worked for my friend), then restart and try to install the final version.

also you might needed to remove all traces of any previously cs2 from your system (i think there is a script for do that job and google for it)

grab "msj uninstall" at "demon"

i'm on 881 semthex sse2 and can install, use, uninstall

tell us if it worked for you

good lucky

I was able to install Photoshop CS3 Extended properly, but it just crashes when I try and run it. Many people said that previous versions of Adobe software can fux it up, so I reinstalled the entire OS just to be sure. It still crashes. >:P

8.8.1 Semthex kernel, C2D E6600, Intel Badaxe.

Just for the hell of it, I installed Photoshop CS3E on WinXP and it is a {censored} awesome app. It's 3 times faster than CS2 and handles great!

IF you used beta before

first of all try to use the photoshop cs3 beta msj uninstaller (worked for my friend), then restart and try to install the final version.

also you might needed to remove all traces of any previously cs2 from your system (i think there is a script for do that job and google for it)

grab "msj uninstall" at "demon"

i'm on 881 semthex sse2 and can install, use, uninstall

tell us if it worked for you

good lucky

it's not a beta installation issue.... and to prove it, i reinstalled my entire OS and tried to install photoshop from CS3 again without success !!

i can install everything else in the CS3 bundle expect PS3

If you don't mind my asking, where's the default AppleSMBIOS.kext? Do you mean the one from the 10.4.8 JaS DVD? I tried the default one from the 10.4.8 Apple update but it nuked my OS X installation.