512Mb nVidia FIX - DONE !

gotoh

64 posts in this topic

I haven't seen or heard of any efforts to get 512MB AGP working under OS X.

On a side note, most of the time I get shadows for the windows as I move them. Or if I scroll within a window the contents of the window don't refresh. For example, say I have a Safari window open and I scroll down in the web page, the contents of the web page don't move only a small portion at the bottom scrolls. Or say I move the actual Safari window around, it blacks out and leaves a trail/shadow. Does anyone know if that's due to no CE/QI or is that an unrelated issue.

• 1 month later...

thought i'd throw in a wee thank you to everyone concerned.

i wasted weeks looking for a software solution for my asus 512mb pcie x16 en7600gs but today i took the leap.

flashed the bios and straight away it was recognised as 512mb under bios.

i had dual dvis,but no qe and ci.

from scratch i installed punk92 v1.9 10.5.2 installer using natit dual kext (nvinject didn't work for me)

had to delete nvdanv10,20,30, and 50,,then i deleted ALL strings in nvdanv40hal,nvdaresman and natit.kext,,and replaced them with devid 0x039210de.

the only other edit was geforce.kext which didn't like my device id on its own,,,so i left the preexisting id's and changed the first one in the list to my id.

this caused kernel panic at permissions repair,,but reboot yeilded full QE and CI.

thanks again folks,,,hope this helps someone else.

thought i'd throw in a wee thank you to everyone concerned.

i wasted weeks looking for a software solution for my asus 512mb pcie x16 en7600gs but today i took the leap.

flashed the bios and straight away it was recognised as 512mb under bios.

i had dual dvis,but no qe and ci.

from scratch i installed punk92 v1.9 10.5.2 installer using natit dual kext (nvinject didn't work for me)

had to delete nvdanv10,20,30, and 50,,then i deleted ALL strings in nvdanv40hal,nvdaresman and natit.kext,,and replaced them with devid 0x039210de.

the only other edit was geforce.kext which didn't like my device id on its own,,,so i left the preexisting id's and changed the first one in the list to my id.

this caused kernel panic at permissions repair,,but reboot yeilded full QE and CI.

thanks again folks,,,hope this helps someone else.

Hi. Does this work for the nVidia 7600GT 512MB? I have no QE or CI. If you can send me the geforce.kext; since I deleted mine due to the black screen.

UPDATE: I re-installed Kalayway for the 5th time and applied Nvidia V2.0 by Punk and now I have full QE/CI on my nVidia 7600GT 512MB! The DVD Player now plays! I did the 512MB MOD on my 7600GT. If anyone want the modified ROM, here is my nVidia GeForce 7600GT with 512MB:

http://rapidshare.com/files/106018360/7600GT_512MB.ROM

• 2 weeks later...

good morning!

now i've patched successfully my sparkle 7300 gt 512mb, system recognize all the 512mb (before patch only 256mb) but not QE/CI and signed as "Display", not 7300!!!

i've tried with titan.kext and repair...but i've seen only a black screen!!! uff!!!

what can i do?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for this advice. Some weeks ago I flashed my MSI 7900GTO 512MB but never actually tried to get QE/CI working. I was primarily concerned about the low resultion which got fixed with the flashing. Now I'm on Leo4allv3 updated to 10.5.3. After the installation of nvkush and then later the removal of nvinject i got full qe/ci support.

Now if only I could burn, use my via card or output sound via coax from my karajan 7.1 module...

• 1 month later...

Hi guys!

I have an EN7950GT from ASUS that the darwin bootloader can not load corect.

I downloaded Nibitor and then went to tools-->read bios-->read into nibitor

After the card been read I choosed save bios in order to save my graphics card

bios as it is at the moment before I change anything.

Have I done it correct?

After that do I need a floppy drive or can flash my card using a cd or a flash memory stick?

Thanks for your time!

• 2 months later...

Hey guys,

My BFG 6800 GT OC AGP just took a dump on me, so I did an RMA on it. BFG sent me back a new 7600 GS 512 AGP. It looks like there really isn't any way for me to get the Darwin bootloader to properly detect my card according to this forum since it is an AGP card. Is this still the case? Does anyone have any new information on this?

Stats

Processor: Intel 3.0 GHz Pentium 4

Bus Speed: 800MHz

Memory: 3Gb DDR SDRAM

Mobo: ASUS P4P800 SE

Lan: Marvell Yukon 88E8001 Gigabit Onboard

Graphics: BFG 7600 GS 512Mb AGP

• 8 months later...

Does anyone know where i can get a Nvidia Geforce 9400GT 512MB PCI-E 2.0 Video Card driver for Mac os x 10.5.6? I have a driver but i cant get it to install and my system only detects that i have a 32MB Nvidia Video Card and its glitches when trying to move a Finder windows around the screen and when i scroll certain finder windows, and front row does not want to show on screen but when i press keys it seems to make noise through the speakers

• 3 months later...

I have a 7950GT 512mb

I am able to change resolutions when nvinject 512mb is installed. But I have no QE/CI.

- I have flashed my rom with one of the preflashed rom's that is to be found on the nvinject website.

- I have entered the device ID in GeForce.kext, nvdanv40hal.kext, nvresman.kext

- Tried to change a value in the injector kext from 60000 to 0 (can't remember the name, but It was supposed to give me full QE/CI) And this gave me black screen with cursor on reboot.

- Tried nvenabler (got black screen with cursor)

- Tried nvinstaller. This also gave me black screen with cursor.

I have tried ATY_init as well. Don't know what to do anymore. :(

Could it be that my card isn't really flashed?

• 3 weeks later...

Asus EN7950GT with SL 10.6.2 and PC EFI. Let me share my experiences:

GraphicsEnabler=y - doesn't work

NVEnabler kext- doesn't work (probe failed)

EFI String - got more resolutions but no QE/CI.

After flashing the Asus EN7950GT i got QE/CI but then GeForce.kext started causing a kernel panic with 64bit kernel. At the moment I'm running the 32bit kernel and have full QE/CI with no panics.

Based on my experiences my best guess was your ROM wasn't flashed.

• 3 months later...
Come and check at http://www.macvidia.com (forum, NvidiaEFI section) for how to fix 512Mb NVIDIA cards issue, and get full 512Mb + QE/CI

Already tested successfully on GeForce 7800/7900 series, now need tester for other cards (7600 and other, AGP/PCIe)

As this involves modding your NVIDIA card ROM and flash it, this is risky procedure.

This basically allows your card to be detected as 512Mb VESA straight from Darwin Bootloader, which fixes the problem where bootlader detects only 256Mb (or less) then OS detection mismatching, causing the card not to work at all with NVIDIA extensions.

So if you feel you can risk frying your NVIDIA card and try getting it to work as it should, come and see !!

this link is not working . spyware website at the end :D

• 7 years later...