Posted 08 November 2009 - 10:09 PM
I am able to change resolutions when nvinject 512mb is installed. But I have no QE/CI.
- I have flashed my rom with one of the preflashed rom's that is to be found on the nvinject website.
- I have entered the device ID in GeForce.kext, nvdanv40hal.kext, nvresman.kext
- Tried to change a value in the injector kext from 60000 to 0 (can't remember the name, but It was supposed to give me full QE/CI) And this gave me black screen with cursor on reboot.
- Tried nvenabler (got black screen with cursor)
- Tried nvinstaller. This also gave me black screen with cursor.
I have tried ATY_init as well. Don't know what to do anymore.
Could it be that my card isn't really flashed?
Posted 25 November 2009 - 12:12 AM
GraphicsEnabler=y - doesn't work
NVEnabler kext- doesn't work (probe failed)
EFI String - got more resolutions but no QE/CI.
After flashing the Asus EN7950GT i got QE/CI but then GeForce.kext started causing a kernel panic with 64bit kernel. At the moment I'm running the 32bit kernel and have full QE/CI with no panics.
Based on my experiences my best guess was your ROM wasn't flashed.
Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:11 PM
Come and check at http://www.macvidia.com (forum, NvidiaEFI section) for how to fix 512Mb NVIDIA cards issue, and get full 512Mb + QE/CI
Already tested successfully on GeForce 7800/7900 series, now need tester for other cards (7600 and other, AGP/PCIe)
As this involves modding your NVIDIA card ROM and flash it, this is risky procedure.
This basically allows your card to be detected as 512Mb VESA straight from Darwin Bootloader, which fixes the problem where bootlader detects only 256Mb (or less) then OS detection mismatching, causing the card not to work at all with NVIDIA extensions.
So if you feel you can risk frying your NVIDIA card and try getting it to work as it should, come and see !!
this link is not working . spyware website at the end
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users