62 replies to this topic

Megnus

Megnus

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
I have a 7950GT 512mb

I am able to change resolutions when nvinject 512mb is installed. But I have no QE/CI.

- I have flashed my rom with one of the preflashed rom's that is to be found on the nvinject website.
- I have entered the device ID in GeForce.kext, nvdanv40hal.kext, nvresman.kext
- Tried to change a value in the injector kext from 60000 to 0 (can't remember the name, but It was supposed to give me full QE/CI) And this gave me black screen with cursor on reboot.
- Tried nvenabler (got black screen with cursor)
- Tried nvinstaller. This also gave me black screen with cursor.

I have tried ATY_init as well. Don't know what to do anymore. :(

Could it be that my card isn't really flashed?

ori0

ori0

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Asus EN7950GT with SL 10.6.2 and PC EFI. Let me share my experiences:
GraphicsEnabler=y - doesn't work
NVEnabler kext- doesn't work (probe failed)
EFI String - got more resolutions but no QE/CI.

After flashing the Asus EN7950GT i got QE/CI but then GeForce.kext started causing a kernel panic with 64bit kernel. At the moment I'm running the 32bit kernel and have full QE/CI with no panics.

Based on my experiences my best guess was your ROM wasn't flashed.

KegLock

KegLock

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Come and check at http://www.macvidia.com (forum, NvidiaEFI section) for how to fix 512Mb NVIDIA cards issue, and get full 512Mb + QE/CI

Already tested successfully on GeForce 7800/7900 series, now need tester for other cards (7600 and other, AGP/PCIe)

As this involves modding your NVIDIA card ROM and flash it, this is risky procedure.
This basically allows your card to be detected as 512Mb VESA straight from Darwin Bootloader, which fixes the problem where bootlader detects only 256Mb (or less) then OS detection mismatching, causing the card not to work at all with NVIDIA extensions.
So if you feel you can risk frying your NVIDIA card and try getting it to work as it should, come and see !!

this link is not working . spyware website at the end :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy