• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

Wrenbird

Wrenbird

InsanelyWren

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

1. Dump your own rom with nvflash utility. (Has to be in dos, use an old 98 boot floppy)
2. Run nvflash --compare <original.rom> should check ok, if not re-dump.
3. Copy the original rom for safe measure.
4. Edit the rom with a hex editor.
5. write down the hex numbers contained within addresses 5a to 5b and swap them round.
6. subtract 1 from the first swapped number and 80 from the second number (hex goes from 1-9 and then a-f, so for example, 80 subtracted from e4 would be 64. Now swap the numbers round again and you're done with those 2.

7. Do the same for the hex numbers contained within 5e to 5f, but add instead of subtract.

8. Now replace the original hex numbers with your adjusted hex numbers and save the rom.
9. Use nvflash --eraseeeprom to erase your original rom on the card.
10. Next do nvflash --index=0 -4 -5 -6 -j <edited.rom>
11. When it's finished flashing check it with nvflash --compare <edited.rom>

12. Only when its says ok, do you reboot.

All this is in another thread but i though i'd try and make it a bit more simple. Hey, i'm not the sharpest tool myself but i managed it

I wouldn't risk using someone else's rom.

thanks! now i'll work on it.

mickeyiec

mickeyiec

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Just an update, like i said i had the 7600GS 512. Well i fixed the bios and reflashed, it now works perfect on an install from the jas 10.4.8 sse2-sse3 dvd. Full gfx support and all resolutions! Thanks for the info and if anyone wants a copy of my fixed bios or wants theirs fixing, let me know.

I have the same card (7600 GS 512) can you send me yours fixed bios ?
Is that card became an 7300 GT after flashed (i had this when i flashed it with an another rom)

Thanks

gotoh

gotoh

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
everything is detailed, and some ready made patched ROMs available at http://nvinject.free.fr

mickeyiec

mickeyiec

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Thanks gotoh !

spky

spky

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
is there any update on this? i've got a pny geforce 7600 gs 512mb agp sitting here still in the plastic. I'm willing to risk flashing it, i got it on clearance =]

Painkiller

Painkiller

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

is there any update on this? i've got a pny geforce 7600 gs 512mb agp sitting here still in the plastic. I'm willing to risk flashing it, i got it on clearance =]

did you flash your card now? Just curios if it worked for you... :censored2:

hambola

hambola

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
Yeah I am curious as well. How did the flash go? I have a PNY Geforce 7600 GS 512MB AGP and i'm stuck with no QE/CI & 1024x768 res.

gotoh

gotoh

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
AGP is still a no go regarding flashing...

hambola

hambola

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
do you know if there are any development efforts on 512mb agp to get qe/ci? where we can check for the latest updates? thanks!

t0ster

t0ster

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
i have GeForce MSI 7900 GS, 512mb, already flashed, and it don't work. QE\CI disabled. :blink:

neoarcadia

neoarcadia

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
*bump*

geforce 7300 GT 512MB. ROM flashing success but no CE/QI support.

help ? ;)

hambola

hambola

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
I haven't seen or heard of any efforts to get 512MB AGP working under OS X.

On a side note, most of the time I get shadows for the windows as I move them. Or if I scroll within a window the contents of the window don't refresh. For example, say I have a Safari window open and I scroll down in the web page, the contents of the web page don't move only a small portion at the bottom scrolls. Or say I move the actual Safari window around, it blacks out and leaves a trail/shadow. Does anyone know if that's due to no CE/QI or is that an unrelated issue.

steenamaroo

steenamaroo

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Interests:Audio Production.
thought i'd throw in a wee thank you to everyone concerned.

i wasted weeks looking for a software solution for my asus 512mb pcie x16 en7600gs but today i took the leap.

flashed the bios and straight away it was recognised as 512mb under bios.

i had dual dvis,but no qe and ci.

from scratch i installed punk92 v1.9 10.5.2 installer using natit dual kext (nvinject didn't work for me)

had to delete nvdanv10,20,30, and 50,,then i deleted ALL strings in nvdanv40hal,nvdaresman and natit.kext,,and replaced them with devid 0x039210de.

the only other edit was geforce.kext which didn't like my device id on its own,,,so i left the preexisting id's and changed the first one in the list to my id.

this caused kernel panic at permissions repair,,but reboot yeilded full QE and CI.

thanks again folks,,,hope this helps someone else.

extremeae

extremeae

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

thought i'd throw in a wee thank you to everyone concerned.

i wasted weeks looking for a software solution for my asus 512mb pcie x16 en7600gs but today i took the leap.

flashed the bios and straight away it was recognised as 512mb under bios.

i had dual dvis,but no qe and ci.

from scratch i installed punk92 v1.9 10.5.2 installer using natit dual kext (nvinject didn't work for me)

had to delete nvdanv10,20,30, and 50,,then i deleted ALL strings in nvdanv40hal,nvdaresman and natit.kext,,and replaced them with devid 0x039210de.

the only other edit was geforce.kext which didn't like my device id on its own,,,so i left the preexisting id's and changed the first one in the list to my id.

this caused kernel panic at permissions repair,,but reboot yeilded full QE and CI.

thanks again folks,,,hope this helps someone else.

Hi. Does this work for the nVidia 7600GT 512MB? I have no QE or CI. If you can send me the geforce.kext; since I deleted mine due to the black screen.

UPDATE: I re-installed Kalayway for the 5th time and applied Nvidia V2.0 by Punk and now I have full QE/CI on my nVidia 7600GT 512MB! The DVD Player now plays! I did the 512MB MOD on my 7600GT. If anyone want the modified ROM, here is my nVidia GeForce 7600GT with 512MB:

http://rapidshare.co...600GT_512MB.ROM

Daveta

Daveta

Sardinian voyager

• Moderators
  • 7,239 posts
good morning!

now i've patched successfully my sparkle 7300 gt 512mb, system recognize all the 512mb (before patch only 256mb) but not QE/CI and signed as "Display", not 7300!!!

i've tried with titan.kext and repair...but i've seen only a black screen!!! uff!!!
what can i do?

Susceptor

Susceptor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I am considering buying a laptop which will have a NVIDIA 8600 GT with 512 RAM. How can I find out if I can flash the card's BIOS or not?

razor1394

razor1394

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Thanks for this advice. Some weeks ago I flashed my MSI 7900GTO 512MB but never actually tried to get QE/CI working. I was primarily concerned about the low resultion which got fixed with the flashing. Now I'm on Leo4allv3 updated to 10.5.3. After the installation of nvkush and then later the removal of nvinject i got full qe/ci support.

Now if only I could burn, use my via card or output sound via coax from my karajan 7.1 module...

mirrage

mirrage

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Hi guys!

I have an EN7950GT from ASUS that the darwin bootloader can not load corect.
I downloaded Nibitor and then went to tools-->read bios-->read into nibitor
After the card been read I choosed save bios in order to save my graphics card
bios as it is at the moment before I change anything.
Have I done it correct?
After that do I need a floppy drive or can flash my card using a cd or a flash memory stick?

Thanks for your time!

rhetorik

rhetorik

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey guys,

My BFG 6800 GT OC AGP just took a dump on me, so I did an RMA on it. BFG sent me back a new 7600 GS 512 AGP. It looks like there really isn't any way for me to get the Darwin bootloader to properly detect my card according to this forum since it is an AGP card. Is this still the case? Does anyone have any new information on this?

Stats
Processor: Intel 3.0 GHz Pentium 4
Bus Speed: 800MHz
Memory: 3Gb DDR SDRAM
Mobo: ASUS P4P800 SE
Lan: Marvell Yukon 88E8001 Gigabit Onboard
Graphics: BFG 7600 GS 512Mb AGP

renodude18

renodude18

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:Hackintosh, Xbox 360, windows, sims 3, driving, jeeping and more
Does anyone know where i can get a Nvidia Geforce 9400GT 512MB PCI-E 2.0 Video Card driver for Mac os x 10.5.6? I have a driver but i cant get it to install and my system only detects that i have a 32MB Nvidia Video Card and its glitches when trying to move a Finder windows around the screen and when i scroll certain finder windows, and front row does not want to show on screen but when i press keys it seems to make noise through the speakers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy