Guys if you have any problem up date to 10.4.9, try to search some where in this forum, that tell you how to update using 10.4.9 delta, it alway work for me follow that instruction!!!
I install 4 diference PC alraedy, 1 is a AMD and 2 was an intel, and last one is My Lovely Dell Laptop 8600, And they all been up date to 10.4.9.
The 2 Intel System update with no problem at all, but the AMD and my laptop, I have to boot in to -legacy mode in order for my update to boot up!!! And to be unest I have no clue what is -legacy mean at all, I just try it because, the last time for me to use -legacy was patching my audio, And after that when ever I have problem install something I just thought try to use -legacy to see if it work!!! And guys and can not garrentee it would work for you ok!!!
Here guy!!! the instruction I follow!!! give it a try!!!
This guide is fully updated now. Do not worry from any posts below. I have included all the new kexts and files to backup to avoid as much problems as possible.
1) 10.4.9 Delta updater (from Apple's website)
2) 15-30 minutes of your time
Known issues (as far as I know):
Disk images fail to mount and iPods not being recognized. This has been fixed by backing-up 10.4.8 system.kext (included in the updated instructions).
GMA900 did not work after update (see notes below)
1) Open up the terminal and type "sudo -s" then "your password" then the following (line by line):
CODEcp /mach_kernel /old
cp -R /system/library/coreservices/loginwindow.app /
cp -R /system/library/extensions/AppleSMBIOS.kext /
cp -R /system/library/extensions/AppleACPIplatform.kext /
cp -R /system/library/extensions/AppleAPIC.kext /
cp -R /system/library/extensions/IOATAFamily.kext /
cp -R /system/library/extensions/system.kext /
2) Keep terminal open.
3) Open disk utility and keep it open
4) Run the delta installer (AND DO NOT RESTART---IGNORE THE INSTALLER WINDOW)
5) Open terminal and type the following:
CODEcp /old /mach_kernel
cp -R /loginwindow.app /system/library/coreservices/
cp -R /AppleSMBIOS.kext /system/library/extensions/
cp -R /AppleACPIplatform.kext /system/library/extensions/
cp -R /AppleAPIC.kext /system/library/extensions/
cp -R /IOATAFamily.kext /system/library/extensions/
cp -R /system.kext /system/library/extensions/
rm -rf /system/library/extensions.*
6) Open disk utility and repair permissions for your OS X partition
7) Pray and restart the system (unless you have GMA 900 --> read below)
8) Post pictures of your 10.4.9
This has been tested on my computer and fully working. No problems until now.
GMA 900 users: (Do these steps after finishing above steps)
1) insert your JaS 10.4.8 DVD
2) navigate to system>installation>packages (on the DVD)
3) install JaS.10.4.8.GMA.900.support.pkg
4) repair permissions
Again, I am not responsible for any damage happening to you, your computer, your data or anything due to following my instructions. Different hardware configurations could still cause problems.