• 34 posts
where i can get it kiko?

battle_clown

battle_clown

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
whoa, it works. finally speedstep on sse2!

now we only need the new cputhrottler. can i betatest? :thumbsup_anim:

domeproject

domeproject

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
i've instaled that kernel on my amd laptop, even if it features sse3, but no result.Speedstep works for amd's yet? if so, wich kext should i use? (mine has 2 powerstates: 800MHz and 1600MHz)

battle_clown

battle_clown

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
with only two powerstates like that speedstepping will be quite useless for you, since powerstates below 1 ghz are buggy currently and thus not usable ;) i have the same problem, my centrino has a lot of powerstates but only a few enabled under mac os

domeproject

domeproject

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
yeah..that`s sad ;) . Anyway i guess that we cannot direct drive the cpu clock or the multiplier somehow....let`s say for rxample a powerstate with multiplier 5x (1GHz) instead of 4x (800 MHz), or to fix that bug somehow...Is there a chance that a future OS update to fix it and allow lower powerstates? That would be useful for real macs too, i think, they really have issues with heat and battery life...

battle_clown

battle_clown

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
afaik and from what i've understood from the discussions between neill ( who did the original acpicputhrottle ) and the forum the problem lies not in apci or direct drive, but in the fact that mac os uses the cpu clock to calculate the duration of some timers that determine the behavior of the GUI and with clocks lower than 1 ghz the algorithm used by apple is severely messed up due to some thing that has to do with a multiplication of something with something else and a factor "20".
well, i THINK i remember that way. if you are interested, search all the posts by neill douglas, but it was clear at the time that either apple could fix it or it would not be possible to have powerstates below 1 ghz.

domeproject

domeproject

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
I understand now. Thank you a lot for your patience :) Seems like i have to stay with the cpu at full thrust or alternatively disable one core for 30 mins of battery life :censored2:. After all this is what makes the system so fast comparatively to windoze :censored2: Hope i woun't burn anything, it's a laptop tough

battle_clown

battle_clown

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

I understand now. Thank you a lot for your patience ;) Seems like i have to stay with the cpu at full thrust or alternatively disable one core for 30 mins of battery life :P . After all this is what makes the system so fast comparatively to windoze :) Hope i woun't burn anything, it's a laptop tough

dome, i can refer you to http://forum.insanel...o...2865&st=180
the problem i told you about above doesn't seem to exist in that extend anymore, i got a acpicputhrottle.kext with all states enabled and besides choppy audio and somewhat slower UI-Animations ( just a little slower, no great annoyance ) when below the max frequency it works. it's a tradeoff between battery time when on-the-go and audio performance that i'm willing to make.
maybe read the last posts of that topic and send me a PM for the kext, even if i can't assure you that it will work for AMD cpus.

domeproject

domeproject

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
thank you
i will try now :)

helios

helios

got OS X?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts
And now we have a 8.9.1 sse2 speedstep kernel and it is working!

Only the new cputhrottler application missing :P

battle_clown

battle_clown

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
awww link please :)

egobra1n

egobra1n

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

And now we have a 8.9.1 sse2 speedstep kernel and it is working!

Only the new cputhrottler application missing :rolleyes:

i'm sorry, i can't find link for 8.9.1 sse2 speedstep kernel... If its not diffucult to you, can you show place of that candy )

helios

helios

got OS X?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts
http://www.macdotnub.info

mac.nub

mac.nub

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
Newest stable release will always be available from my website (http://www.macdotnub.info)
Join us on IRC (irc.osx86.hu #appleacpi) for help and the newest beta links. :(

alexandros7

alexandros7

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts
I need to undertand what cputhrottler is. I have a core2duo e4300 and I want to keet it cold.. help

sev7en

sev7en

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts
  • Interests:AIEN
Thanks for the update, I'll give a try to IRC channel!

hackeron

hackeron

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
Nothing on the IRC channel ;) -- Anyone know where I can get this kext for throttling?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy