169 replies to this topic

ShadowInTheDark

ShadowInTheDark

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi folks,

i have now had the time to check where the problem lies. graphics board or motherboard. It's the motherboard. The board i checked back with is i915p-based (my mums pc).

That means: modbin's installer works like a charm with the PCIe-Version of the X1650Pro Card (in my case manufactured by MSI).

The problem seems to lie in the VIA-based mainboard...

You can renamen the thread to x1650agp/pcie.

Will now have to find the problem with the VIA-chipset PCIe!?

Or could it be the TFT-Screen? (I connected it with the same DVI-to-VGA-connector that i used on the other pc with it's CRT).

Edit: I took the working CRT-monitor over to my desk and hooked it up to my pc (see signature). Ran the x1650-installer. Rebooted and it worked. Then i took away the CRT and put on the TFT (with the running system) and it recognized the monitor-resolutions (a lot less than the CRT offers). Perfect.
Then i rebootet with the TFT-monitor connected. Back to my picture with only colourful stripes. Seems that my monitor is not appreciated on start...
Tried already another TFT-monitor. Didn't help it.

Sorry for spamming the thread more or less. But i'm hunting the solution. Seems to be out of reach for me. Perhaps somebody else will find my results helpful (for not having to find out everything by himself).

Greets
marcian

-Edit the following values of ATIinject.kexts Info.plist:

<key>ATY,DeviceID</key>
<integer>0x71c5</integer> <---this is for X1600 edit to mach yours!

<key>ATY,VRAM,MemSize</key>
<integer>0x100</integer> <--- Size of VRAM, here 256MB (512MB is 0x200; 128MB is 0x80; 64MB 0x40;) You can also try to remove this entry!

<key>ATY,FrameBufferOffset</key>
<integer>0x00000080</integer> <--- edit this to half of the value above (if card is 512MB set it to 0x100)

<key>ATY,IOSpaceOffset</key>
<integer>0x00300000</integer> <--- don't know about that! try and play! You can also try to remove this entry!

now remove ATINDRV.kext and insert ideneb v1.4 install dvd open it with pacifist look for X1900 then just copy ATINDRV.kext from there to your /system/Library/Extensions run diskutility to repair Extensions it got CI/QE running :D ;)

neo_cor

neo_cor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

-Edit the following values of ATIinject.kexts Info.plist:

<key>ATY,DeviceID</key>
<integer>0x71c5</integer> <---this is for X1600 edit to mach yours!

<key>ATY,VRAM,MemSize</key>
<integer>0x100</integer> <--- Size of VRAM, here 256MB (512MB is 0x200; 128MB is 0x80; 64MB 0x40;) You can also try to remove this entry!

<key>ATY,FrameBufferOffset</key>
<integer>0x00000080</integer> <--- edit this to half of the value above (if card is 512MB set it to 0x100)

<key>ATY,IOSpaceOffset</key>
<integer>0x00300000</integer> <--- don't know about that! try and play! You can also try to remove this entry!

now remove ATINDRV.kext and insert ideneb v1.4 install dvd open it with pacifist look for X1900 then just copy ATINDRV.kext from there to your /system/Library/Extensions run diskutility to repair Extensions it got CI/QE running ;) :)

I think i removed the ATIinject.kext from my installation, and it seems you need the ATIinject.kext from the version of MacOS that is installed. I have installed the Retail Leopard 10.5.6, where can i find my original ATIinject?

I have everything working except that i can get the DVI working and cant get the 1920 x 1200 resolution properly. I guess the ATIinject magic is the only thing left.

Neo

neo_cor

neo_cor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Hi there!
I installed the modbin's package for OS 10.5.2...

Everything seems to be OK (QE, Rotation, etc.), but except one thing: I have two monitors and they're showing the same image (like "mirrors").

In SYSTEM PREFERENCES >> DISPLAYS, the option "Arrangement" isn't there... I try clicking on "Detect Displays", but nothing happens.

How can I fix this (if there's any fix...)???

My config: ASUS P5W DH DELUXE, CORE2DUO 2.4, ATI RADEON X1650 PRO 256mb (PCIe) devide id 0x71c6

Thanks and sorry for the bad english!

Wow exactly same configuration as mine except that my card is 0x71c7.
I got everything working except DVI and dual monitor. Also the 1920x1200 resolution is coming up weird, its as if my 24" does not have enough real estate on the screen to show it all. Only 755 on the image is visible the rest 25% is hidden on the right side.
!600x1200 works perfectly and i can live with that.

I believe to get the DVI working i need to work with ATIinject but i have not been able to get the right combination in there.

Also the audio on the board is working perfectly, but on the only you set it to internal speakers. I believe the headphones, line out and line in are not working.

Let me know if you have had success with your setup.

Neo

Fairlyodd

Fairlyodd

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Go to this thread and try popeyeq's new files:

http://www.insanelym...p...2826&st=320

My device ID is 0x71c1, but this method is only good for 10.4.8 ? I am using Jas 10.4.6, so it will not work for my card using this version of Tiger?

Any help would be appreciated

Sherry Haibara

Sherry Haibara

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts
Geez, this "white screen of death" issue is driving me crazy and I can't see a way to solve it.
This problem has been occurring since 10.5.5, but has become more and more annoying as I can't really use the machine.
I've installed the extensions and I'm using ATIinject, the system seems to start, but after a few seconds the grey Apple with the spinning circle disappears and the screen turns white. System frozen.
I've already tried a bunch of kexts and no one really helps - 10.5.5, 10.5.6, 10.5.7, ATIinject or ATY_Init, the problem always occurs.
The card I'm using is an ATI x1650 pcie, device id 71c6. Note that the problem doesn't occur always, sometimes the system manages to boot successfully and there's QE/CI/Rotation support. But since the system can boot once every twenty-thirty times, you understand that is pretty annoying.
I hope you can figure out the problem,

Sherry Haibara

Coder.UA

Coder.UA

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Apple, OS X, Unix, PHP, MySQL, JavaScript
Link is broken again!
Please, upload file for 10.5.2 - 9.2.0, again.

enzo1951

enzo1951

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi any one got snow leopard kext for ati 1650 512mb pcie device id 0x71c3 thanks in advandace

dan7733

dan7733

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Hi All!,
Will this stuff work with the ATI Radeon X1650 PRO 512 MB AGP card as well?
Thanks a lot!

Hi Again!
Is the link still working???
Please let me know!
Thanks!

danistuta

danistuta

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Anyone tried this driver on iatkos 10.5.7?

danistuta

danistuta

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I've installed, acceleration is ok, but I can't change resolution. Why?
I've got a saphire x1650 256mb dd3 AGP c6
Please help me!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2015 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy