• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

Prasys

Prasys

Cheese Cheese cheese

• Retired Developers
  • 338 posts
Hey guys

I have been palying with the ATI kexts and added some extra stuff [particularly for OEM Devices] and created a small installer for us all. It enables QE/CI Support on ATI Cards [RV36x and RV38x series]. Since some of us can't get it to work , I made it in a Tiny Installer.

Download URL - http://www.rakis.net...driver.mpkg.zip

Its a work-in-progress. I might be including some extra stuff as well. Just trying to make a newbie's life even easier . Now If Only I could include something to fix that tearing

jihuiwen

jihuiwen

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
Hi Prasys
Does this one works with 9800Pro cards? I had QE/CI with Callisto before I updated to 10.4.8. and now I have to remove Callisto to get QE/CI to work, but doing that I lose resolution changes. Any ideas?

EDIT

nevermind, i forgot to edit my 9700GA.plugin file

bgg71

bgg71

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
How bout radeon mobility 9000? :construction:

Prasys

Prasys

Cheese Cheese cheese

• Retired Developers
  • 338 posts
Radeon 9000 , i wonder if they are in the same family or not. thats the problem here....

bgg71

bgg71

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Radeon 9000 , i wonder if they are in the same family or not. thats the problem here....

So what are these rv36 and 38x? :construction:
Ok. I checked your installer. So it seems to be for Radeon 9700. Did not work with 9000.

Prasys

Prasys

Cheese Cheese cheese

• Retired Developers
  • 338 posts
RV36X and RV38x are for Radeon 9550 and above , that are using that chipset. I will see if i can make it for 9000

jodo

jodo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

I will see if i can make it for 9000

You would become godlike status by doing that. Well...at least a little bit. There are a lot of people, including me, trying to get QE/CI to work on Radeon 9000/9200 cards. People with a 7500 have it...so why don't we? I would give you any support I can...and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

bgg71

bgg71

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

You would become godlike status by doing that. Well...at least a little bit. There are a lot of people, including me, trying to get QE/CI to work on Radeon 9000/9200 cards. People with a 7500 have it...so why don't we? I would give you any support I can...and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

I agree! :)

Prasys

Prasys

Cheese Cheese cheese

• Retired Developers
  • 338 posts
i am looking into it

well , i took at look at the 8500 series kext , it seems that 9200 is supported , but its not being enabled. I might need to take a look at natit on how it fools the EFI part. It sems that Apple prefers to have 9200 on the PowerPC side...

jodo

jodo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
Thx for your effort. When talking about the 9200 it includes the 9000 series as well, doesn't it? AFAIK the 9200 is nothing more but a 9000 at AGP 8x. So most things should work for both series, right?

~Neo

~Neo

The installer man. Formerly known as "NeoPheus"

• Retired Developers
  • 644 posts

i am looking into it

well , i took at look at the 8500 series kext , it seems that 9200 is supported , but its not being enabled. I might need to take a look at natit on how it fools the EFI part. It sems that Apple prefers to have 9200 on the PowerPC side...

Hey man! :D
If you can find out anything with the EFI part please post! If natit/titan could work for the 9xxx series it would be VERY cool!
If this is possible, we should work together to make the perfect installer :angel:
If you need help with anything, pm me ^_^

cYa

asapreta

asapreta

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts
And about the R4xx Cards ? (x800 and so on). Any chances?

McSkywalker

McSkywalker

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • Interests:2D - 3D design<br />Painting<br />Guitar playing<br />Woodworking - Gran...

If natit/titan could work for the 9xxx series it would be VERY cool!

Exactly :blink: Also,

Now If Only I could include something to fix that tearing

:D

jodo

jodo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

it seems that 9200 is supported but its not being enabled

I've checked the kext...is there any way to enable it? Or has it to be done somewhere else?

Prasys

Prasys

Cheese Cheese cheese

• Retired Developers
  • 338 posts
Okay , it seems that 9200 is supported as said , but its not being enabled for a reason. Maybe its mainly because its a PowerPC Driver ?. But then its a universal binary

jodo

jodo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

But then its a universal binary

Are you sure about that? That would mean that we can use it, doesn't it? If we can enable it somehow...

Prasys

Prasys

Cheese Cheese cheese

• Retired Developers
  • 338 posts
No , this is weird

The codes are somewhat targeted for PowerPC Radeon 9200 [aka Apple's one] , it certainly has a larger ROM [typical of Apple]. If there is a way to emulate them. I am going to see if anyone has a Mac Radeon 9000 and compare it with the PC counterpart

bgg71

bgg71

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
Good luck! It seems apple used some sort of radeon mobility 9000 32 mb gdr (sounds familiar?) in some ibooks. Isn't it possible to :P build in kernel support for xorg? would the osx gui run on that? My 2 cents!

nastyhome

nastyhome

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
9000/9200 with OE/CI?

You will certainly be GOD-like!

technima

technima

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Prasys if you get this to work for the mobile 9000, words can not express my joy!:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy