:)

@++

xsbs52x

xsbs52x

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
i have a dell wireless 1505 (its got support for wireless n) that isn't working (running 10.4.6). i know that some older models of dell wireless cards are supported as-is in osx... is there any way i could alter a driver for one of those to run my current card?

luckily my ethernet card works just fine though

Namor

Namor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

i have a dell wireless 1505 (its got support for wireless n) that isn't working (running 10.4.6). i know that some older models of dell wireless cards are supported as-is in osx... is there any way i could alter a driver for one of those to run my current card?

luckily my ethernet card works just fine though

Can someone tell me if the Dell wireless 1505 works out of the box with Mac OS X 10.4.9? (I really need to know because i want to buy something that works well but Dell dont have the Wireless 1500 cards anymore... )

kizwan

kizwan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,422 posts

if i'll buy NETGEAR Wireless 802.11g USB 2.0 Adapter, will this thing works in osx10.4.8??thanks

I'm using LevelOne WNC-0301USB, (usb device) Hardware version 3. Got the driver from:-http://www.ralinktec.../Macintosh.html(JaS Mac OS X 10.4.8)Good luck! ;)

I instaled the ralink driver from ralink corp but it shows no device...?please tell what to do step by step please...and fr the thread starter..sorry i post it here.. do not where else to postthanks

Maybe the driver not for your hardware. What is your hardware?

Akueikyou

Akueikyou

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
SMCWUSB-G (Ez Connect 802.11g Wireless USB2.0 Adapter)

This Wifi adapter have a ZyDAS chipset, so Altheros doesn't support anymore OSX, anyway on this site you can have the drivers and also some interesting hack info.

the drivers here.

This drivers usually need to plug in the USB adapter after boot / sleep.

Eldrial

Eldrial

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Mac
*Delete post*

bonestonne

bonestonne

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
anything on any netgear wireless adapters? i have a WG111v2.

same chipset as Realtek 8187 chipset.

works in both Windows and Linux...complete cross platfrom compatibility would be great.

gano

gano

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi,

The Intel 3945 driver is NOW AVAILABLE here
: http://code.google.com/p/iwidarwin/

:)

@++

Installed it and does not work either on Acer Aspire 5670 or Acer Travelmate 8210........

LoboBjrn

LoboBjrn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Intel 3945ABG - No solution available (yet), purchase a compatible card.??????

can it be done nowadays?

thk

I've read on javaloui's thread that there are new updates to the 3945 darwin driver. But it seems that nobody is reaaly working on it

guitaristz

guitaristz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Thus, are we being patient in vain? Will it be 1 month or one freakin year? Though the Sigmatel 9200 had a happy ending!

I'm about to swap the 3945 out. What is the best g or n unit that has won't drain the battery, is a solid connector- and is available via the local computer shop?

warfie

warfie

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:anything fast and powerfull... or scary:D plus all the usual geeky stuff... computers, Star Trek...
:huh:

Thus, are we being patient in vain? Will it be 1 month or one freakin year? Though the Sigmatel 9200 had a happy ending!

I'm about to swap the 3945 out. What is the best g or n unit that has won't drain the battery, is a solid connector- and is available via the local computer shop?

Relax dude... when we start paying these guys whe'll have a right to give them attitude, there is evidence of progress, I think it's just a matter of time.

If you can just swap-out your 3945, think yourself lucky, mine's soldered to the Laptops mainboard.

By-the-way... is anyone else using an Acer Aspire 9520? or something similar? Any ideas on getting the Bluetooth and WLAN buttons to work?

TitDirt

TitDirt

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I REALLY NEED HELP...i have an acer aspire 3610 with os x on it.....runs great, but no audio and my wifi wont work......

i downloaded and installed iwi2200 for my chip, but idk what to do from here.

i do have a folder for everything, btu idk what anything does

Karin Peters

Karin Peters

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Can anybody please help me

I Bought an linksys wireless-n pci card. It has the chipset from Atheros ar5008 (ar5416).
Anybody knows an working kext/driver for it to work as Airport (Extreme)

iamleddy

iamleddy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I have a ralink rt61 card that I cannot get working with the drivers.
http://global.msi.co...mp;prod_no=1063
Any ideas?

manabry44

manabry44

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Cars, Car Racing, Basketball, Football
as an advice...dont use the 3945 driver....i used it on my DELL XPS m1210 w/ XxX_10.4.10 Mac OS X...and the system crashed...i had to re install....;) not untill any new updates

guitaristz

guitaristz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Well after more than a year, I decided to get an Atheros. I put an wanted add on Craigslist and after a couple weeks a responce came in. Well I bought it, 2 screws and it was in, fired her up installed the OS and worked natively. 'couldn't be happier no more Windows/no more Linux. Partitions and the compexity ALL GONE. Vista crashed within 3 boots of a new install (likely Skype)
Therer's is something to say about one focus and simplicity. $45 well spent and life is too short for some waits. Good luck with the Intel, really.

Atheros AR5006EX (As printed on card AR5BXB6)

macgirl

macgirl

Stargate's Pharaoh

• Retired
  • 7,615 posts
  • Interests:Techie gadgets
Where did you get it?

ferny

ferny

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Can someone help me get my wireless running...
I have a Toshiba Satellite A 135-4407 Laptop. I looked on Toshiba's website for the audio and wireless information because I have no sound and no wireless. I am running OS X 10.4.8. On the website it says that the wireless is an Atheros 802.11b/g wireless-LAN. I tried this tutorial to get it working and everything worked as should until the end. Nothing came up saying a new connection found. HELP so i can go onto fixing audio haha.

NYC Coyote

NYC Coyote

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
Has there been any news on the dell 1505 wireless?

crazyJAT

crazyJAT

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
I have a Netgear MA311 wireless PCI card with a Prism 2.5 chipset. I had this card working with a previous install of 10.4.8 but I have reinstalled and I can no longer find the kext for this card/chipset. Any help??

EDIT: was a 2.5 not a 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy