Ozmosis for 100 Series Skylake CPU's and up

ammoune78

169 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, ammoune78 said:

Hi!

You have to download cecekpawon UEFTW, and follow the instructions to know how to use kernextpatcher, and add it's patch, follow Ozmosis topic to know how to insert the kernextPatcher in the rom, you can use UEFITool 1 or 2 to do the job.

I'll update the repository as soon as I have time, but I'm here, if you want to ask for something 

Thanks, 

my problem is the amount of free memory in the bios. I can't insert more.

i can't access shell and boot with Ozmosis. But i can boot with clover

Edited by jym

One simple way of booting on apfs if you have apfs.ffs integrated into bios it's like this:

At boot menu select EDK Efi shell and type:

fsx: X equals your macOS partition generally it is 0 or 1.

then

cd system

cd Library

cd CoreServices

boot.efi.

And then your system will boot. After that go to system preferences>startup disk and select your macOS partition. After reboot it will stay at boot menu till your next nvram reset. After that the procedure must be re-done.

Example:If you type cd then Sys and then hit tab it will auto complete with correct path.

Edited by Kynyo
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Kynyo said:

One simple way of booting on apfs if you have apfs.ffs integrated into bios it's like this:

At boot menu select EDK Efi shell and type:

fsx: X equals your macOS partition generally it is 0 or 1.

then

cd system

cd Library

cd CoreServices

boot.efi.

And then your system will boot. After that go to system preferences>startup disk and select your macOS partition. After reboot it will stay at boot menu till your next nvram reset. After that the procedure must be re-done.

Example:If you type cd then Sys and then hit tab it will auto complete with correct path.

I can boot on APFS but only with Clover.

my problem is with the bios and the shell, i use the Z170XDe.23d modified with Ozmosis, but I have no shell, I have no access to shell and I can't do cmd+alt+p+r . But the bios is full and I can't add more ffs.

4 hours ago, milessx said:

hey,just willing to know can this method running on z370?im planning to build a new computer which use 8700,so i want to know this method working on z370 or not

No dude, Ozmosis stopped from release since the first skylake rush. So use clover instead, and don't buy a skylake components just for Oz!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@ammoune78: actually, i can access into shell. But bcfg return an error when inserting apfs.efi or other. ( invalid parameter).

I want only boot on OSX High Sierra. Can i delete some modules in the bios to make some place ?

thanks

From my opinion, just don't use APFS, use unsold.kext or do a terminal command to avoid installing High Sierra on APFS formatted drive!

Your mobo is able to boot the installer, just put SSDT's I've attached to the first post!

I'll put a video today if i have more time, to make some things clear.  

Put this BOOTX64.efi.zip on Fat32 usb formatted drive

Reboot and select from F12 menu UEFI OS

on the shell and assuming that the NVME is disk0 and APFS.efi is in it's EFI Dir, type the following, hit enter after each command line:

fs0:

cd efi

bcfg driver add 1 APFS.efi APFS

That's all, reboot!

But IMHO, use KernextPatcher to add NVME patch for your drive and AcpiPatcher to rename and add plugin type by enabling Generate states!

30 minutes ago, jym said:

Thanks,

Here is what  i have when i do 

fs0:

cd efi

bcfg driver add 1 APFS.efi APFS

IMG_1662.jpg

The APFS.efi file should be placed on the EFI partition of your macOS drive, i mean on the EFI folder not the Oz folder!

In a hour maybe my first video will be available, so you can do the things from the beginning and build your own Oz rom

• Thanks 1

Thank you for your video.
I followed the video and now I have a bios that works better.
But Ozmosis still does not work.
cmd + alt + p + r Works, but I do not have any features like GUI ...

thank you

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, jym said:

Thank you for your video.
I followed the video and now I have a bios that works better.
But Ozmosis still does not work.
cmd + alt + p + r Works, but I do not have any features like GUI ...

thank you

Please, replace the HfsPlus.ffs that's on the ROM with the one on the repos, because i just changed it. 

You have to put SSDT's in the Load folder, or wait the next video for patching ACPI on the ROM. For the GUI, change the UserInterface from NO to YES, and change the TimeOut from 0 to 5 or what you want. You just have to add it in the OzmosisDefaults. Just download the OzmosisDefaults.plist from the repos, change the ig-platform-id, serials, boot-args, but don't change the FirmwareFeatures and FirmwareFeaturesMask!

4 hours ago, crusher. said:

Where is the video :P

On the first post, i'm adding them one by one, there's some changes :wink_anim: !

• Like 1

Thanks you for reply my msg, furthermore, want ask one more question about,i found that in Chinese Online website which call "Taobao",someone who just sale their way to modify ozmosis bios to the z170,z270 and z370 bios ...and what they post on other forum is just 4 to 5 sentences like what you have just post in the first page,but they don't really post the method.

- Do not try on 64 Mbit chip, because simply it will not let you insert up to 3 files, so don't
- Your board must have 128 Mbit chip
- Do not try the work with UEFITool for inserting modules, use only MMTOOL to keep bios ROM flashable
- Do not change the name of ORIGINAL ROM file that need to be modded, do just save and not save as!
- Use UEFITool only for replacing modules body and use only save (overwrite that ROM) and not save as!

Just the same meaning with these 5 sentence, so i think it might be work for the z270 and z370

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Strange that, because STLBNUB has reported to me that, it doesn't worked for him on Z270 chipset! STLVNUB isn't noob user, we all know what skills he have. But this is going to be a revolution I think, if this Oz work on latest MoBos in the rom and not only in the efi partition Hhhh

Unfortunately I don't have material to do the tests, but if it's confirmed by the MAN who sells he's work on that Z270 and Z370 rom's, then it works :thumbsup_anim: