Inject FB Name For AMD Radeon RX Vega 64

wyhtc

52 posts in this topic

Try this SSDT.

Thanks this seems to be working but I get the wrong card listed now, it's the Vega 56 showing up and I have a 64.

I tried to open the SSDT with MacIASL but I'm getting this error and can't open it :

iASL returned:

Loading Acpi table from file iASLgzf324.aml

Acpi table [sSDT] successfully installed and loaded

Pass 1 parse of [sSDT]

Thanks this seems to be working but I get the wrong card listed now, it's the Vega 56 showing up and I have a 64.

I tried to open the SSDT with MacIASL but I'm getting this error and can't open it :

iASL returned:

Loading Acpi table from file iASLgzf324.aml

Acpi table [sSDT] successfully installed and loaded

Pass 1 parse of [sSDT]

Here you go

SSDT-Vega.aml.zip

Thanks everyone, with the latest file provided by Pavo now things are displayed properly! And I guess the rest follows...

Now lets wait for 10.13.3, maybe it will fix the fans speed, now that the iMacs Pro are on the Apple Stores, might go and try to extract an IOreg to see what's going on under the hood regarding their implementation of the Vega.

Thanks everyone, with the latest file provided by Pavo now things are displayed properly! And I guess the rest follows...

Now lets wait for 10.13.3, maybe it will fix the fans speed, now that the iMacs Pro are on the Apple Stores, might go and try to extract an IOreg to see what's going on under the hood regarding their implementation of the Vega.

this is a fix for fan speeds but it seems to be limiting frequency.   Maybe someone can find a path based on this to fix to the issue.    If you change this value from 0 to 1 it fixes the fan speed but performance takes a hit.

post-1753549-0-19355300-1514585779_thumb.png

Just create + two devices inside device with Name (_ADR, Zero)

attachicon.gifpost-2105175-0-33179100-1512959940.jpg

PEG0/PEGP/GFX0/GFX1, add patch into GFX1

attachicon.gifwyhtc.png

Your DSDT full patched, add ur _DSM into GFX1

attachicon.gifDSDT.wyhtc.zip

Hi MaLdOn and or Pavo, I tried this ssdt for my Ryzen 7 1700 but it crashes during boot.    If either of you have time could you look at my files attached.   Ive tried several DSDT and SSDT fixes for Ryzen but the guides are generally written for Intel CPUs.   The terminologies differ when I try to edit DSDT or SSDt files.    The edits assign new names or values but they don't match what is expected from Intel systems.    I have also noticed that Ryzen systems have lower graphics performance than Intel systems in OSX  and I think it may be because of the  PCI slot running at i386 (32bit) instead of x64 speeds.    For Nvidia cards its even worse and I recently read that Nvidia will be dropping 32 bit support for its web drivers very soon.   My IOPlane shows the assigned graphics PCIslot with i386 and Power setting at 0x3 max.

Ryzen support is getting better but solving the graphics issue seems to be elusive especially for Nvidia users all my AMD cards work but have a 10% lower performance than with Intel systems for Nvidia its about 50% loss.

Do you think it is possible to assign graphics to the correct PCI slot value @ 64 bit using a DSDT or SSDT?

Any help would be much appreciated!

P.S.. I currently have my RX 480 in system but will put the Vega 64 back in for any testing.    

Send me DonkeyMac’s iMac.zip

• Like 1

this is a fix for fan speeds but it seems to be limiting frequency.   Maybe someone can find a path based on this to fix to the issue.    If you change this value from 0 to 1 it fixes the fan speed but performance takes a hit.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-12-29 at 8.36.54 AM.png

Hi MaLdOn and or Pavo, I tried this ssdt for my Ryzen 7 1700 but it crashes during boot.    If either of you have time could you look at my files attached.   Ive tried several DSDT and SSDT fixes for Ryzen but the guides are generally written for Intel CPUs.   The terminologies differ when I try to edit DSDT or SSDt files.    The edits assign new names or values but they don't match what is expected from Intel systems.    I have also noticed that Ryzen systems have lower graphics performance than Intel systems in OSX  and I think it may be because of the  PCI slot running at i386 (32bit) instead of x64 speeds.    For Nvidia cards its even worse and I recently read that Nvidia will be dropping 32 bit support for its web drivers very soon.   My IOPlane shows the assigned graphics PCIslot with i386 and Power setting at 0x3 max.

Ryzen support is getting better but solving the graphics issue seems to be elusive especially for Nvidia users all my AMD cards work but have a 10% lower performance than with Intel systems for Nvidia its about 50% loss.

Do you think it is possible to assign graphics to the correct PCI slot value @ 64 bit using a DSDT or SSDT?

P.S.. I currently have my RX 480 in system but will put the Vega 64 back in for any testing.    

Funny, force power limit functions seem to do nothing.

__ZN22Vega10PowerPlayManager15forcePowerLevelEj:        // Vega10PowerPlayManager::forcePowerLevel(unsigned int)

0000000000021460         pushq      %rbp

0000000000021461         movq       %rsp, %rbp

0000000000021464         subq       $0x10, %rsp

0000000000021468         movl       $0xe00002c7, %eax

000000000002146d         movq       %rdi, var_8(%rbp)

0000000000021471         movl       %esi, var_C(%rbp)

0000000000021474         addq       $0x10, %rsp

0000000000021478         popq       %rbp

0000000000021479         ret

; endp

000000000002147a         nopw       (%rax,%rax)

; ================ B E G I N N I N G   O F   P R O C E D U R E ================

; Variables:

;    var_8: -8

;    var_C: -12

__ZN22Vega10PowerPlayManager12setIdleLimitEj:        // Vega10PowerPlayManager::setIdleLimit(unsigned int)

0000000000021480         pushq      %rbp

0000000000021481         movq       %rsp, %rbp

0000000000021484         subq       $0x10, %rsp

0000000000021488         movl       $0xe00002c7, %eax

000000000002148d         movq       %rdi, var_8(%rbp)

0000000000021491         movl       %esi, var_C(%rbp)

0000000000021494         addq       $0x10, %rsp

0000000000021498         popq       %rbp

0000000000021499         ret

; endp

000000000002149a         nopw       (%rax,%rax)

• Like 1

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-12-29 at 8.36.54 AM.png

post one ioreg with ioreg explorer

IORegistryExplorer.app.zip

• Like 1

I.m not sure, PCIO@2?    I can't seem to locate the IOPLane where I saw the i386 listing but running your DSDT through MacAISL app form Rehabman I'm getting this error which seems to be my issue with 32 bit.

attachicon.gif32 bit.png

You might need a newer version of iasl.  I had trouble with MacIasl before but no problem with command line tool.  https://github.com/RehabMan/Intel-iasl

• Like 1

I seriously don't understand why you guys continue to inject a frame-buffer. There is no need to with AMD R9 and up GPUs, All you need is latest Lilu + latest WhateverGreen and yes it will still use generic frame-buffer RadeonFrameBuffer like it should be using, even in real Macs (which I have and tested).

• Like 1

Pavo, so you mean there is no point into doing this ?

It’s true that using whatevergreen the name was displayed properly... do you use it in conjunction with the clover command to avoid black screen (which honestly wasn’t affecting me) or not ?

Pavo, so you mean there is no point into doing this ?

It’s true that using whatevergreen the name was displayed properly... do you use it in conjunction with the clover command to avoid black screen (which honestly wasn’t affecting me) or not ?

WhatEverGreen has fixed the black screen on boot issue

Pavo, what about performance if compared to an nvidia using web driver?

Well since nvidia web drivers are horrible these days and I don't use nvidia my RX 580 is performing pretty damn good I must say

• Like 2

Well since nvidia web drivers are horrible these days and I don't use nvidia my RX 580 is performing pretty damn good I must say

Yes yes I know, was just curious if you where using  exclusively for the frame buffer part and where still using the clover command or just whatever green.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello Guys,

I decided to switch my NVIDIA GTX980ti for an AMD Radeon Vega RX 64 Nitro+.

MB : Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD7-TH

CPU :  i7 4790K PC1150 8MB Cache 4GHz

RAM : 32 Go (4x DDR3 8GB PC 1600 CL11 CORSAIR)

Since the CPU is Haswell, I choose iMac 14,2 (closest to my CPU)

I installed the system, following the tutorials and finally got the finder injecting your SSDT-Vega64-FBName-Kamarang.aml or SSDT-Vega.aml

From there, I cannot have my system working (my Hackintosh is dedicated to CC19 suite).

Enclosed the screenshots of the system info, my config.plist

Radeon with 7MB VRAM

Adobe doesn't recognize the GPU.

Well, I don't know what to do ...

Can you please help me guys ?

Many thanks in advance

AG

PCI slot.png

No Controler.png

Video Card.png

Detail.png

About_Mac.png