ASUS P8Z68V-PRO REV1.0 PROBELM INSTALLING SIERRA

newsman1

227 posts in this topic

Have you read the "Create Custom SSDT_UIAC" section of the manual in my signature?

It's going to be a little bit hard since we can't get all your USB ports to work.

But here is what you need to do, load the config and kext you used with working USB 3.0 port even if you have to plug the USB disk before starting your computer.

Make sure that USB 3.0 works even partially, then open IOReg and save the results with the name "No USB", then plug a USB device in all the USB ports and save another IOReg file named "All USB ports" send them to me and let me see if I can create the custom SSDT for you.

ok I did load the GenericUSBXHCI.kext and now the 3.0 ports are working I have attached 3 devices on 3 usb 3.0 ports 1 device is a 3.0 usb stick the next one is an SD card reader and the last one is 2.0 usb stick

on the next read do you want my to plug a device on 2.0 ports, I do not have a device for all the ports (2.0 & 3.0)

No USB.ioreg.zip

ok I did load the GenericUSBXHCI.kext and now the 3.0 ports are working I have attached 3 devices on 3 usb 3.0 ports 1 device is a 3.0 usb stick the next one is an SD card reader and the last one is 2.0 usb stick

on the next read do you want my to plug a device on 2.0 ports, I do not have a device for all the ports (2.0 & 3.0)

Did you have to do the reboot thing? or with the GenericUSBXHCI,kext the operate normally?

To create the accurate custom SSDT you need to plug a usb device in each and every USB port, otherwise it will not be the correct SSDT.

Remind me again how many USB 2.0 and how many USB 3.0 ports you mobo has? Include the front header USB ports on the case if you have any.

sorry man I getting all confused here. now I did a reboot and 3.0 ports are working even though I did not plug the devices at boot 

now does it make a difference if you plug a 2.0 device on 3.0 port?

and how many ports I have on my board here is it from Asus website

If your USB ports are working without having to reboot, and if you can test all the ports even not at once and you can confirm that they are working, both USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 we won't be needing the custom SSDT after all.

Even though having a custom SSDT-UIAC has its benefits but it's not necessary for all hacks. I don't use a custom SSDT on my Asus P8H77-M LE but I need it for my GA-Z170X-Gaming 5.

ok my friend I think I'm happy that 3.0 ports are working I only use 2-2.0 ports at the back for my printer and my camera, and I have 2-2.0 & 2-3.0 at front and that I use for my SD card reader and my iPhone (3.0 port works charging and syncing) 

so thank you very much for your help on this problem, now I have 2 more problems and think we can mark this topic as solved 

1. Reboot Problem

a) after I start using BOOTICEx64 I notice that I'm getting (boot failed, sleeping for 10 seconds before exiting)

so I have press the restart button on tower a couple of time before making it work.

the next problem is when I restart with Sierra when the BIOS start loading it starts with the Asus logo and then it shows my main SSD and then the Asus logo and here where it freeze and it does not finish the reboot process.

2. Time between windows 10 and Mac OSX Sierra.

I notice when I go back to my windows 10 installation the time is wrong and I had to fixed manually when I go back to Sierra the time is ok there

Thanks again for all the help you did for me and I hope someone else can benefit form this post  

post-288845-0-89992300-1503760939_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

ok my friend I think I'm happy that 3.0 ports are working I only use 2-2.0 ports at the back for my printer and my camera, and I have 2-2.0 & 2-3.0 at front and that I use for my SD 

And all of them are working right?

yes I did test all of them they are working , but still does not show as 3.0 on the system report

I don't really care as long as they working

It really doesn't matter as long ad they work at the speed the USB 3.0 should perform. But once again for having the accurate separation of the USB hubs you need that SSDT

You can create it yourself if you follow the instructions. It is pretty straight forward

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ok my friend I think I'm happy that 3.0 ports are working I only use 2-2.0 ports at the back for my printer and my camera, and I have 2-2.0 & 2-3.0 at front and that I use for my SD card reader and my iPhone (3.0 port works charging and syncing) 

so thank you very much for your help on this problem, now I have 2 more problems and think we can mark this topic as solved 

1. Reboot Problem

a) after I start using BOOTICEx64 I notice that I'm getting (boot failed, sleeping for 10 seconds before exiting)

so I have press the restart button on tower a couple of time before making it work.

the next problem is when I restart with Sierra when the BIOS start loading it starts with the Asus logo and then it shows my main SSD and then the Asus logo and here where it freeze and it does not finish the reboot process.

2. Time between windows 10 and Mac OSX Sierra.

I notice when I go back to my windows 10 installation the time is wrong and I had to fixed manually when I go back to Sierra the time is ok there

Thanks again for all the help you did for me and I hope someone else can benefit form this post  

1. If you get the kernel load error while booting with clover, use OsxAptioFixDrv instead of using OsxAptioFix2Drv it will solve your "Error loading kernel Problem"

2. For time differences that's happening because macOS and windows are using different time standard use the attached file to fix the problem windows uses Greenwich time and macOS used Universal time.

3. Do not use RC Scripts on your hack remove the following files if you have them:

on your bootable device go to /private/etc and check if these folders are present "rc.boot.d" and "rc.shotdown.d" and delete them and reboot.

This might be the cause for your reboot problem.

You're welcome and I'm glad that your system is up and running ;)

Time Fix - Windows.zip

First I have to say that a big thanks to the big guy here cyberdevs for all the help I got to get my system up and running  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:

I'm happy to report that the boot problem is fixed, windows time is all good to go so now this what I have working

Audio: is working (some time it cuts off)

Video: fully working

USB 2.0: working

USB 3.0: working as 2.0 no full speed (for me is ok as long as all the port is working)

iMessage: working

FaceTime: working

Printer: Canon MX300 working

WebCam: working

so I can say that I have 95% working Hackintosh

Thanks to the big guy again cyberdevs 

• Like 1

Hi cyberdevs,

I notice something on the disk utility, it is showing the main SSD drive on the motherboard (the windows installation) it is reading it as an external but it is not so is that ok or we need to do something to fix this.

thanks,

post-288845-0-92882800-1503955599_thumb.png

Hi cyberdevs,

I got busy with a couple of home project and I'm done so I can work on the USB 3.0 problem. not because I really want it to work, its because I want learn how to create SSDT and mapping the USB ports.

now when I use IORegistryExplorer on hacintosh I can not get the device id son can follow the rest of your guide to create the SSDT or I'm doing something wrong 

on the VMware when I use IORegistryExplorer it can see the 3.0 usb and I can also see it on the system report, so can we use the reading from VMware?

on the other hand I was reading about this problem and I found out that we can use USB viewer on windows to map all the ports on the motherboard. I got the app but I need some help to get all the info I need to get the mapping done

Thanks in Advance,

post-288845-0-98037300-1504110994_thumb.jpeg

post-288845-0-53124800-1504111006_thumb.jpeg

post-288845-0-12848300-1504111854_thumb.jpg

do more reading 

Ok I'm ready for your SSDT now. What I need you to do is to send me two sets of IOReg, One without plugging any USB device if that's possible, and for the other one I need you to plug a USB device in each and every USB port available so I can map those ports and get them to work.

It is important that you plug something in all the USB ports otherwise they won't be shown in the IOReg file so the SSDT can't be accurate.