High Sierra Beta 3 fully working for RX580 and Vega

jnolla

42 posts in this topic

I'm not trolling, and i repeat: you should edit the title of your thread, since the RX580 isn't fully supported by any MacOS version

Noted. Now go on to other threads to "share" your wisdom. (Advice) Do read the content before making a buying decision. (Remember) people are sharing, no one is entering a legal contract by posting in these threads.

Hope no one in these forums makes a purchase decision because of a title. They should be punished :yes: . I can't tell you the many times something works for someone, and it doesn't for others.

To my first post:

"Seems like High Sierra Beta 3 is fully working for RX580 and Vega"

I continue:

OK so during installation you can definitely tell the RX580 is fully supported. After installation is completed it goes black. This is no patches or helper gpu.

Yeah I've read the title and your posts dude, and that's why I said I agree with @Ciro82 because the title says something that is not true and in the first post you wrote you state the opposite. 

• Like 1

Yeah I've read the title and your posts dude, and that's why I said I agree with @Ciro82 because the title says something that is not true and in the first post you wrote you state the opposite. 

Guys really, it was my first impression, people should be able to share their thoughts and findings. I don't misrepresent anything in my observations. It did fully work when I was installing from my point of view. This might have been stated on other forums, so it can't never be shared again?

If you don't like what I post, then move on, all good!

• Like 1

Guys really, it was my first impression, people should be able to share their thoughts and findings. I don't misrepresent anything in my observations. It did fully work when I was installing from my point of view. This might have been stated on other forums, so it can't never be shared again?

If you don't like what I post, then move on, all good!

You can share whatever you like man, but it's not bad to know all the facts. If you don't like to be corrected when you make a mistake, that's ok with me.

macOS Sierra and macOS High Sierra installers alway work even on unsupported GPUs and that's the base of your assumption which turned out to wrong as you stated in your first post yourself.

You can share whatever you like man, but it's not bad to know all the facts. If you don't like to be corrected when you make a mistake, that's ok with me.

macOS Sierra and macOS High Sierra installers alway work even on unsupported GPUs and that's the base of your assumption which turned out to wrong as you stated in your first post yourself.

Let me help you here, since you have decided not to move on:

"It did fully work when I was installing"

To my first post:

"Seems like High Sierra Beta 3 is fully working for RX580 and Vega"

I continue:

OK so during installation you can definitely tell the RX580 is fully supported. After installation is completed it goes black. This is no patches or helper gpu.

Do read full disclosures of these threads, and don't ever be the dummy to make a foolish decision based on just a title. Just my 2 cents. L8r. 

jnolla im was so glad for you share this with us, because RX 480/580 so great card, but not easy to make fully work on hack. So Vega is the future for our hope!!!!

Thank you and don t give up !!! 

Just want to share I was able to get VEGA working 100% on X99 as well. I grabbed the EFI folder from another user, and it worked without any issues on all ports. Must have been something in my configuration! All ports working. No IGPU needed. Full acceleration.

• Like 1

Hi,

Why creating another thread related to VEGA cards support in High Sierra if you already did one here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/325120-vega-frontier-edition-on-high-sierra/???

Also, about your RX580, it is a RX480 just rebranded (and with a higher GPU frequency, nothing else), so I suggest you to keep an eye on this thread here and post your feedback.

Thank you.  :)

fantomas1

Hi,

Why creating another thread related to VEGA cards support in High Sierra if you already did one here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/325120-vega-frontier-edition-on-high-sierra/???

Also, about your RX580, it is a RX480 just rebranded (and with a higher GPU frequency, nothing else), so I suggest you to keep an eye on this thread here and post your feedback.

Thank you.  :)

fantomas1

That initial thread was requesting for help on getting the card working on Beta 2. I was going to close it, but folks kept replying so I continued to share there as well.

Thanks for the heads up on the thread. I've been following it.

• Like 1

Things just keep getting better  :w00t: 

I have installed 2 x GC-Alpine Ridge. They are both connected to a single AMD VEGA. One of them has 2 DP inputs and the other only 1. I have 2 LG Ultrafine 5k displays running. One is at full 5k, and the other is scaled. Both are running off a single thunderbolt cable. Given that my MB only has one TB header, only one has audio, video, and controls. I'll be picking up a second AMD VEGA with the hopes of having both displays running at 5k.

post-43841-0-54456300-1500263885_thumb.png

Ok nevermind, you can continue writing wrong informations, i don't care, the RX4xx and RX5xx series still doesn't work without iGPU or helper card. 

let him be he is special and new it seems

• Like 1

I'm not trolling, and i repeat: you should edit the title of your thread, since the RX580 isn't fully supported by any MacOS version

High Sierra Beta 3 fully working for RX580 and Vega.

High Sierra Beta 3 is working "fully" for RX 580, R9 270, Vega, Nvidia GT210, Nvidia GT710, ATI 7950, Nvidia 9400gs, etc...     What is untrue about this?

The title does not claim RX 580 "fully" working ( Fully Supported) in High Sierra, only that high Sierra is fully working with the RX 580.  

With that being said perhaps it would be wise to remove the RX 580 from the title to avoid potential conflict.    It would certainly not hurt the thread because Vega is the news here.    

Congrats by the way on getting Vega going in OS it is really cool, and I can't wait to get one.    The early Sierra betas had low performance for the RX 470-480 and there were naysayers about Polaris 10 support and they were proven wrong, Vega will get much better as time goes on just like the Polaris 10 cards.

High Sierra Beta 3 fully working for RX580 and Vega.

High Sierra Beta 3 is working "fully" for RX 580, R9 270, Vega, Nvidia GT210, Nvidia GT710, ATI 7950, Nvidia 9400gs, etc...     What is untrue about this?

The title does not claim RX 580 "fully" working ( Fully Supported) in High Sierra, only that high Sierra is fully working with the RX 580.  

If you happen to be dyslexic that would explain your mixing up the title, and a lot of other things like anger issues.

High Sierra isn't fully working with the Polaris series:

- iGPU as primary graphics is still needed;

- Cable swap from onboard graphics to discrete graphics is still needed;

- Helper card as primary graphics is still needed (cable swap as well);

- A modded Firmware which removes the EFI support from the Polaris card is still needed (Blind boot);

What's wrong with you guys? Do you live in the "world of fairy tales" where everything works? 

And @gigamaxx you should not offend people, you're not so confident with english language as it seems. 

• Like 1