10.12 Sierra and Intel HD 4600 / ALC892 Problem

none20

14 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am having two problems with Sierra. (Final official release from AppStore).

1. My onboard desktop Intel HD 4600 is not working anymore by clover's injection method (it was working perfectly on previous systems like Mavericks, Yosemite and El Capitan). For some reasons with same kexts and config.plist with latest clover I am having reboots soon after I reach DSMOS HAS ARRIVED

I noticed that giving lg-platform-id: 0x04128086 stops the rebooting. But my video card is recognized as Intel HD 4600 with 7mb vram. No acceleration.

Before I reinstalled OSX I checked what is my ID on working El Capitan by DPCIManager, and it also said it is 0x04128086. I tried few different ID's found on the web, but nothing seems to help. I even tried solution with FakeID kexts. Problem remains the same.

2. My audio card is not working by the same injection method as it was working on El Capitan and Yosemite. I always installed my audio in post process using this app "Clover OS X El Capitan-V7". I know its novice solution, but previously was working perfectly for me with minimal effort.

My specs are:

MB: MSI B85-G43 Sc

CPU: i5-4570

Mem: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro

GPU: Intel HD 4600 (I'm connecting Monitor to PC via DVI-HDMI cable)

Audio: ALC892 (previously was working on ID 1 after patching AppleHDA with given app)

I used latest clover, and I am of course installing everything using UEFI (EFI Partition). 

I will attach everything I have in my EFI.

Any suggestions guys? 

Thanks

My EFI Stuff.zip

Hi,

I have Ga-h97wifi : ALC892 - i5 4590 -> HD4600

hd4600 ig-platform-id 0x0D220003 works fine

For audio try AppleALC also works fine. i use layout 1.

Remove all patch in clover config related to HDMI, AppleALC will do it.

Fred

• Like 1

Thanks guys, I will check this in a moment. But:

@Chriz74 I'm not using laptop, my intel hd 4600 is a desktop one. 

For audio, I already tried the Toleda's command 120 with native appleHDA, but that doesn't work on any device id.

@Fred - I will check that in Linux, I got some linux on dvd, I will give it a try.

Once again thanks, I will speak to You soon with results. 

Nethertheless you have to inject proper ig-platform-id

Chriz, Thank You for advices, good to know that I can use linux with lspci to get my correct ig-platform. I thought that the thing that I am trying to inject is this id, but I was wrong. I will keep in mind Your advice for future. It will be really helpfull. Thanks again !!! :)

Hi,

I have Ga-h97wifi : ALC892 - i5 4590 -> HD4600

hd4600 ig-platform-id 0x0D220003 works fine

For audio try AppleALC also works fine. i use layout 1.

Remove all patch in clover config related to HDMI, AppleALC will do it.

Fred

Fred, thank You, Your ID and solution with AppleALC works perfectly !!!

I'm happy to hear sound again. And also on given ig-platform-id my video card works great. I mean I have acceleration with no problems.

• 2 months later...