Creative CA0132 (G1.Sniper M3) patch for AppleHDA or VoodooHDA

wern apfel

851 posts in this topic

If you shutdown the PC and press the startup-button without power, the codec should work again, if not you have another issue. Have you added the HPET fix ?.

Here is the kext:attachicon.gifAppleHDA.kext_10.12.2_Alienware.zip

Dude you are a life saver... this works very nice with me, but no volume control... i have ca0132 on gigabyte z97 can you do me that one favor and help enabling volume control ?

Here is some info that maybe useful...

Codec dump: http://pastebin.com/XDS2UMPS

System Report->Audio: http://pastebin.com/8nEtgfVH

OS Ver. 10.12

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1.Sniper z97

Dude you are a life saver... this works very nice with me, but no volume control... i have ca0132 on gigabyte z97 can you do me that one favor and help enabling volume control ?

Here is some info that maybe useful...

Codec dump: http://pastebin.com/XDS2UMPS

System Report->Audio: http://pastebin.com/8nEtgfVH

OS Ver. 10.12

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1.Sniper z97

Your Audio system report shows me that you are using the layout-id 11, so far i know i've never uploaded a kext patched for that layout-id. You can try a kext from the 1st post.

Thanks wern apfel :thumbsup_anim: . My Alienware has HDMI and DP. Currently HDMI works flawlessly but DP doesn't. Do you know how I can activate DP ? 

Here, a screenshot with loaded kext from post 400, so it should work. You have to edit your DSDT, to have the same "hda-gfx" "onboard-x" values for the HDMI and DP device.

post-448675-0-98736600-1482148572_thumb.jpg

the last patched kext you posted in a comment (the alienware one) works with audio id 11, the ones in the main thread work but there is strange static noise that only goes away if there is sound playing but once it is idle it starts the static/white noise again.

Here, a screenshot with loaded kext from post 400, so it should work. You have to edit your DSDT, to have the same "hda-gfx" "onboard-x" values for the HDMI and DP device.

attachicon.gifaudio-midi.jpg

My problem was I didn't even get the DP detected (no graphics) but I managed to get it by following a tuto. After that, I tested the sound and it was working. So I didn't have to edit nothing in dsdt. Thanks

the last patched kext you posted in a comment (the alienware one) works with audio id 11, the ones in the main thread work but there is strange static noise that only goes away if there is sound playing but once it is idle it starts the static/white noise again.

If you have working audio with layout-id 11, you've not removed all audio related kexts. Remove them, set the layout-id to 0 and install the kext attached below.

AppleHDA.kext_noise.zip

If you shutdown the PC and press the startup-button without power, the codec should work again, if not you have another issue. Have you added the HPET fix ?.

I have tried disconnecting power and pressing start up button but it didn't work. In Xcode it says FIXHPET_0010 - Boolean - Yes.

When I run MaciASL I have two errors - 6126 syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_ARG0 (x2). When I correct I get hundreds of warnings, remarks and optimizations as shown in my previous post attachment.

I have tried disconnecting power and pressing start up button but it didn't work. In Xcode it says FIXHPET_0010 - Boolean - Yes.

When I run MaciASL I have two errors - 6126 syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_ARG0 (x2). When I correct I get hundreds of warnings, remarks and optimizations as shown in my previous post attachment.

Then upload your DSDT, also an ioreg dump would be useful.

If you have working audio with layout-id 11, you've not removed all audio related kexts. Remove them, set the layout-id to 0 and install the kext attached below.

attachicon.gifAppleHDA.kext_noise.zip

LOL, my ears are bleeding bruh, this produces a very loud distorted and grungy sound. oh i freaked out :D. but at least both back and front ports are working. We are getting somewhere.

I really appreciate you help i think you are the only one paying attention to all of us having the CA0132.

i have attached my codec dump along with (F4 generated DSDT from clover, it is raw as i never patched or did anything DSDT related), and IOReg.

Thanks in advance

Archive.zip

LOL, my ears are bleeding bruh, this produces a very loud distorted and grungy sound. oh i freaked out :D. but at least both back and front ports are working. We are getting somewhere.

I really appreciate you help i think you are the only one paying attention to all of us having the CA0132.

i have attached my codec dump along with (F4 generated DSDT from clover, it is raw as i never patched or did anything DSDT related), and IOReg.

Thanks in advance

You should try this, i'll take a look @your files later

You should try this, i'll take a look @your files later

just tested the kext you referred, it has only rear port (the 3rd port on the left down corner of the 6 gold plated ports), it works yet once there is no sound playing i hear a pop then annoying faint white noise starts.

I'm sorry, i've forgot that you've already uploaded your DSDT. Try it with this one DSDT.aml.zip

just tested the kext you referred, it has only rear port (the 3rd port on the left down corner of the 6 gold plated ports), it works yet once there is no sound playing i hear a pop then annoying faint white noise starts.

I meant the power on without power cord method. What kext have you downloaded ?, where yo've no distorted sound ?

Your files look good, here a patched kext for 10.12 attachicon.gifAppleHDA.kext_10.12_C:Sub.zip

i used this Kext, it is working (although only 1 port as i mentioned). and yup the power method i have tried but it seems it has nothing to do with it. the audio now works, crystal clear and volume controllable, yet if you don't play any sort of audio for like ~10-15 seconds an ambient white noise starts after a little pop sound yet it disappears if i played any sort of audio. note (sometimes this faint noise goes on it's own for a while then it comes randomly with the Kext above.)

Hope i am providing enough info for ya and thanks a lot in advance.

i used this Kext, it is working (although only 1 port as i mentioned). and yup the power method i have tried but it seems it has nothing to do with it. the audio now works, crystal clear and volume controllable, yet if you don't play any sort of audio for like ~10-15 seconds an ambient white noise starts after a little pop sound yet it disappears if i played any sort of audio. note (sometimes this faint noise goes on it's own for a while then it comes randomly with the Kext above.)

Hope i am providing enough info for ya and thanks a lot in advance.

This codec is completely undocumented, which means, that we have to fix it by trail and error.

Here are further samples. AppleHDA.kext_C:Sub_noise.zipAppleHDA.kext_C:Sub_noise_2.zip

This codec is completely undocumented, which means, that we have to fix it by trail and error.

Here are further samples. attachicon.gifAppleHDA.kext_C:Sub_noise.zipattachicon.gifAppleHDA.kext_C:Sub_noise_2.zip

First thanks for being so helpful, second here is my report on the 2 kexts you provided.

AppleHDA.kext_C-Sub_noise:

Result: Very loud white/distorted noise.

AppleHDA.kext_C-Sub_noise_2:

Result:

Onboard Ports:

Line In/Mic Port: Working

Line In Port: Working (Strange ? it is a "Line IN" how does it output sound)

Optical S/PDIF Out Port: Untested

Center/Subwoofer Speaker Out: Working

Rear Speaker Out: Working

Headphones/Speaker Out: Working (The faint white noise problem appears to be happening only to this port, yet i am not sure. The other sound going out problem described below happens with all ports tho)

Case (Front Panel) Ports:

Microphone Port: NOT Working

Headphones Port: NOT Working

*Working Ports are fully working with volume control and very clear sound.

Issues: All the working ports now have a problem similar the the faint white noise i had before (with the white noise problem still happening in some ports), Yet the difference is whenever i play no sound for ~30 seconds i hear a pop followed by silence (like the driver is going in sleep mode or something) but this was not a big deal till i play any sound and the first ~1 seconds doesn't play as i hear another pop before the sound comes back again (Like it is waking or reconnects).

Edit: After rebooting many times there is no sound coming out of any port anymore.

Is it only the noise, or also the sound distorted ?

Here another test sample, for the not working ports i'll give you another sample later. attachicon.gifAppleHDA.kext_10.12_noise_3.zip

The first kext is distorted and has noise. The last kext along with the previously working one are no longer outputting any audio. i didn't updated (still on 10.12.2).

Edit: Speaker Out outputs loud white noise. but it is the only port outputting something at least

I'm sorry but it's hard for me to help you without publishing any further patching details about this codec. Because of a problem that should not be published, I stopped the development of this kext. Happy New Year everybody.

• 2 weeks later...

Since my patched kexts from 10.11 doesn't work anymore @Sierra, you can try the updated one: AppleHDA.kext_10.12_front_HP.zip

Well, I have to say THANKS! THANKS! and period THANKS to you...!!!

I couldn't get sound because (I hope this help others in my situation) I did not CLEAN the rest of other kext previously installed like AppleALC or AppleHDA. 

Now I got Line with volumen control, Headphones, microphone and the sound is cristal clean.!! :)

Good job Wern Apfel and thanks...!!!

Hi everybody,

I've alienware with CA0132, using the your kext applehda, sometimes don't work and sometimes it work, so I've to reboot and hoping if the audio work.

What is it?

ps: have you tried thunderbolt 3?

Make sure that, HPET doesn't use high IRQs (HPET fix).

Hello all.

First off: Thanks @wern!

Second: I'm noob to this, and was about to post my hair-tearing-frustration with getting error messages about the kexts not being installed properly and usable by the system... Fortunately after a late night experimenting with my first H, it was my own stupidity in putting the kexts into /L/E rather than /System/Library/Extensions.

If anyone else ever wants to repeat my mistake, here's the error message for Google to find a remedy: System extension cannot be used The system extension “/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext” was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product’s vendor for an update.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi wern apfel

Is there a Sierra 10.12.3 version of the AppleHDA C:Sub out already? I installed the 10.12.2 version on my Sierra 10.12.3 and I don't see any output devices in System Preferences / Sound. layout-id is 0 in config.plist. I removed VoodooHDA.kext, SIP is disabled. 

My mobo is Gigabyte Z170X Gaming GT with Creative CA0132 codec. I have never had sound work on my system with many different "solutions", but the positive outcomes for some folks on this thread gives me hope! 

Thanks!