Creative CA0132 (G1.Sniper M3) patch for AppleHDA or VoodooHDA

wern apfel

851 posts in this topic

Well i tried the files and it didnt work. Tried some other kexts by others and it didnt work only booting in safe mode. Deleted the other kexts and restarted normally. And it works! Dont know what made it work but it does!! Thanks for all your help!

Well i tried the files and it didnt work. Tried some other kexts by others and it didnt work only booting in safe mode. Deleted the other kexts and restarted normally. And it works! Dont know what made it work but it does!! Thanks for all your help!

I'm a bit confused, is it working now ?. Since you've tried a lot of patches, you have to shutdown your PC, switch off the power supply, and press the startup button. This way you will empty the caps and clear the DSP ram, then startup normally.

Wern and Others, Thanks for all the support.

I was successful in getting the audio working but i need the headphone (Front Panel) and the volume slider to work

Currently I am on Line output and it works fine

Screen_Shot_2016_11_04_at_9_01_29_am.png

I am running a config as stated below
Please help me out people 
Config: 

BIOS Version - F8r (Gigabyte)
Motherboard: Gigabyte Gaming 7 (Z170 Chipset)
Audio Codec: Creative CA0132
Mac: Sierra 10.12.1
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
4.01 GHz Intel Core i7 (6700K)
32 GB 2132 MHz DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2047 MB

Audio ID: 11

Screen_Shot_2016_11_04_at_8_29_34_am.png

I have attached the files i have used to get to this point + I am sharing the DSDT / SSDS / AppleHDA  / Apple ALC / Plist files

Link: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/c599rk28vhycm/MAC_Share 

Can you help me Wern ?

Thanks

Wern and Others, Thanks for all the support.

I was successful in getting the audio working but i need the headphone (Front Panel) and the volume slider to work

Currently I am on Line output and it works fine

Screen_Shot_2016_11_04_at_9_01_29_am.png

I am running a config as stated below

Please help me out people 

Config: 

BIOS Version - F8r (Gigabyte)

Motherboard: Gigabyte Gaming 7 (Z170 Chipset)

Audio Codec: Creative CA0132

Mac: Sierra 10.12.1

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)

4.01 GHz Intel Core i7 (6700K)
32 GB 2132 MHz DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2047 MB

Audio ID: 11

Screen_Shot_2016_11_04_at_8_29_34_am.png

I have attached the files i have used to get to this point + I am sharing the DSDT / SSDS / AppleHDA  / Apple ALC / Plist files

Link: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/c599rk28vhycm/MAC_Share 

Can you help me Wern ?

Thanks

The AppleALC.kext that you are using has resources from a poor copy of my kexts, which doesn't work properly, added by some users.

Here is a patched kext, which you should install to /S/L/E, also set your audio layout-id to 0.

AppleHDA.kext_10.12_front_HP.zip

• Like 1

Yes, I have used both because nothing work for me...

It seems so easy but I do what you say and how I have indicated previously but not good results.

I do not know what to do..... Sierra has stuck me with the sound 

Thanks for you patient 

Since my patched kexts from 10.11 doesn't work anymore @Sierra, you can try the updated one: AppleHDA.kext_10.12_front_HP.zip

• Like 1

The AppleALC.kext that you are using has resources from a poor copy of my kexts, which doesn't work properly, added by some users.

Here is a patched kext, which you should install to /S/L/E, also set your audio layout-id to 0.

attachicon.gifAppleHDA.kext_10.12_front_HP.zip

Thank You Wern ! You are a legend.

That works perfectly fine !

Volume Slider + Line out + HP

Do you reckon that the 5.1 channel is working with this kext or not ?

I had HDMI working earlier, but it does not show on my device list, what should i do ?  I still have the "Rename HDAS to HDEF" patch still active 

Do you reckon that the 5.1 channel is working with this kext or not ?

It should work if you make a aggregate device, but so far i know, it works only with VLC and few other players. I've no 5.1 device.

I had HDMI working earlier, but it does not show on my device list, what should i do ?  I still have the "Rename HDAS to HDEF" patch still active 

I use the DP port, which works, but i'll try the HDMI port later.

• 2 weeks later...

It seems that there is an device limit, not sure if only digital, or overall.  ATM. i'm a bit lazy, i've not try to do anything on that issue. But, if you don't need the S/PDIF output, remove it to use HDMI

So I had audio working....

But it has stopped working a few times now.

It works for a few days then stops working.

So I reinstall applehda and it works for a few days.

Any ideas?

I guess you also use Windows, you'll be probably surprised if i said that the windows driver is the issue, because the windows driver doesn't reset the DSP on shutdown, but it should. Have you tried the method from post #380 ?. A script at startup should also fix it. 

It seems that there is an device limit, not sure if only digital, or overall.  ATM. i'm a bit lazy, i've not try to do anything on that issue. But, if you don't need the S/PDIF output, remove it to use HDMI

I guess you also use Windows, you'll be probably surprised if i said that the windows driver is the issue, because the windows driver doesn't reset the DSP on shutdown, but it should. Have you tried the method from post #380 ?. A script at startup should also fix it. 

Or the ResetAudio option in Clover ?

I managed to get it to work again. I had to boot in safe mode than restarted normally and it works.

Very strange and I am not enjoying how temperamental it is.

If possible can you please provide me with a script that will avoid this issue in the future.

Hey Wern,

Thanks for all your hard work with this CA0132 AppleHDA kext. I am successfully using your Sierra version (C/Sub) with my GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 mobo on 10.12.1.

This board has the same CA0132. Sound is great and I have volume control :)

My only question is some times after sleep, the sound either does not output or can be distorted (completely lose highs and mids, only bass). It is not every time after sleep, but some times. A restart does fix it. Do you have any idea why the sound out would not work after sleep? I would imagine it could have to do with one of these kexts becoming unloaded after sleep maybe?

Now that I just typed that out, sounds like I am losing the L+R out on the mobo after sleep if I only have bass.

I am using the the C/Sub Sierra HDA kext from post 1 + CodecCommander + Layout 0 in Clover.

Thanks,

JMac

• Like 1

If possible can you please provide me with a script that will avoid this issue in the future.

There are a few commands which could help you, but first we have to find out what is the issue. You can try to restart core audio  Restart Coreaudio.zip

Hey Wern,

Thanks for all your hard work with this CA0132 AppleHDA kext. I am successfully using your Sierra version (C/Sub) with my GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 mobo on 10.12.1.

My only question is some times after sleep, the sound either does not output or can be distorted (completely lose highs and mids, only bass). It is not every time after sleep, but some times. A restart does fix it. Do you have any idea why the sound out would not work after sleep? I would imagine it could have to do with one of these kexts becoming unloaded after sleep maybe?

Now that I just typed that out, sounds like I am losing the L+R out on the mobo after sleep if I only have bass.

I am using the the C/Sub Sierra HDA kext from post 1 + CodecCommander + Layout 0 in Clover.

Thanks,

JMac

Try it without the CodecCommander.kext

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Wern,

Thanks,

JMac

Hi, there,

How did you work by Sleep/Wake? I have the same board and no luck for sleep/wake. it always display off only...

Please guide me for working.

Thank you!

Joe

• Like 1

Hi wern apfel,

Can you please upload the patched kext for 10.12.2 release ? For the layout, you can use the one you used to build with the post below

With layout, i meant a layout from all patched kexts. So far I know, a mic array are two mono microphones which are used as one stereo microphone. Here the Sierra kext

attachicon.gifAppleHDA.kext_Sierra_DP8.zip

I think my System DSDT Is the problem. When I run it I now get two syntax error unexpected PARSEOP_ARG0. Once I clear them I get hundreds of warnings and remarks.

Screenshot attached.

Please someone help.

If you shutdown the PC and press the startup-button without power, the codec should work again, if not you have another issue. Have you added the HPET fix ?.

Hi wern apfel,

Can you please upload the patched kext for 10.12.2 release ? For the layout, you can use the one you used to build with the post below

Here is the kext:AppleHDA.kext_10.12.2_Alienware.zip

• Like 1