Creative CA0132 (G1.Sniper M3) patch for AppleHDA or VoodooHDA

wern apfel

851 posts in this topic

193f808f318c12596e071895512c8431o.jpg

The problem I not getting the audio controls/outputs in the way I am doing it.

Maybe is something wrong I am doing when installing the AppleHDA.... 

--------------------------------------------------

I think I made all step correctly, I made a copy of AppleHDA from S/L/E and stored in a folder. Then I used kext wizard to install the patched AppleHDA in S/L/E. Then I used Clover Configurator in Devices > Audio I put number "0" even "9". 

Nothing happened, still without audio output information in system.

--------------------------------------------------

Have you repaired permissions and rebuild the cache ?

Sorry, 

I installed AppleHDA with Kext Utility.... then with clover configurator>Devices> audio id=0.

No more actions...!

I have not too much idea about hacking...

Thanks a lot...!

Here you said kext wizard, and now kext utility. Start kext utility and enter your password, or use kext wizard, they will do the same.

post-448675-0-48398800-1475692257_thumb.jpg

Here you said kext wizard, and now kext utility. Start kext utility and enter your password, or use kext wizard, they will do the same.

attachicon.gifkextwizard.jpg

Yes, I have used both because nothing work for me...

It seems so easy but I do what you say and how I have indicated previously but not good results.

I do not know what to do..... Sierra has stuck me with the sound 

Thanks for you patient 

Yes, I have used both because nothing work for me...

It seems so easy but I do what you say and how I have indicated previously but not good results.

I do not know what to do..... Sierra has stuck me with the sound 

Thanks for you patient 

Dump your ioreg and upload it here, do you use a patched DSDT.aml ? 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Wern, I was able to get sound working with your kext (The sierra dp8 one since i'm on sierra now).  The Layout-ID right now is 0 but i am working on getting HDMI audio work as well (from Toleda's tutorial) which should only be feasable with Layout-ID=1.

What modifications do i need to make to kext to go from Layout-ID 0 to 1.

Thanks.

I have a Gigabyte z170x-Gaming 7. Built a Hackintosh. Can't get the audio to work. I need a kext for a Creative CA0132. Got any prospects?

Thank you in advance.

You can try a kext i've made available at first post, as usual set the layout-id to 0. Also remove all other audio related patches like voodoohda, applehdadisabler......

Hi Wern, I was able to get sound working with your kext (The sierra dp8 one since i'm on sierra now).  The Layout-ID right now is 0 but i am working on getting HDMI audio work as well (from Toleda's tutorial) which should only be feasable with Layout-ID=1.

What modifications do i need to make to kext to go from Layout-ID 0 to 1.

Thanks.

So far i know the layout-id does not matter for HDMI. If you have an internal graphics card, add the provided code to your DSDT.aml @_DSM method to device HDEF and IGPU, for an external card to GFX0 and HDAU.

"hda-gfx", 
 Buffer (0x0A)
 {
     "onboard-1"
 }

You can try a kext i've made available at first post, as usual set the layout-id to 0. Also remove all other audio related patches like voodoohda, applehdadisabler......

So far i know the layout-id does not matter for HDMI. If you have an internal graphics card, add the provided code to your DSDT.aml @_DSM method to device HDEF and IGPU, for an external card to GFX0 and HDAU.

"hda-gfx", 
 Buffer (0x0A)
 {
     "onboard-1"
 }

Thanks for your feedback on this.Can you please let me know the changes that you made to the kext (binary patches, Layout0 and platform modifications) so that i can replicate them on the latest applehda.kext (on 10.12) ?

As i mentioned, the kext that worked for me was the DP8 version attached at post 319 of this thread.

THank you in advance.

Thank you for your help so far.

I installed everything I believe, set my audio id to 0, and I am only getting 2 channels. Should be getting 5.1.

I also can't control the volume slider from my keyboard or the sound menu.

I've included my Audio Information.

post-1822011-0-17857600-1476908237_thumb.png

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Thanks for your feedback on this.Can you please let me know the changes that you made to the kext (binary patches, Layout0 and platform modifications) so that i can replicate them on the latest applehda.kext (on 10.12) ?

As i mentioned, the kext that worked for me was the DP8 version attached at post 319 of this thread.

THank you in advance.

I don't think that the DP8 kext is different. Since some users are sharing this patch as their own work, i've decided to publish no more infos. Thanks for understanding.

Thank you for your help so far.

I installed everything I believe, set my audio id to 0, and I am only getting 2 channels. Should be getting 5.1.

I also can't control the volume slider from my keyboard or the sound menu.

I've included my Audio Information.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2016-10-19 at 4.20.45 PM.png

Any ideas?

Thank you.

The screenshot shows me, that you are using voodoohda

• Like 1

Wern and others,

I uninstalled VoodooHDA.

I installed all the kexts in the AppleHDA.kext_6ch_no_fr_HP zip. I couldn't get the AppleHDA to execute.

Everything is in the library/extensions and system/library/extensions. I believe.

Nothing is appearing under Intel High Definition Audio.

What now?

post-1822011-0-49075700-1476985512_thumb.png post-1822011-0-33495500-1476985513_thumb.png

post-1822011-0-06215200-1476985514_thumb.png post-1822011-0-00845400-1476985515_thumb.png

Wern and others,

I uninstalled VoodooHDA.

I installed all the kexts in the AppleHDA.kext_6ch_no_fr_HP zip. I couldn't get the AppleHDA to execute.

Everything is in the library/extensions and system/library/extensions. I believe.

Nothing is appearing under Intel High Definition Audio.

What now?

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2016-10-20 at 1.34.31 PM.png attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2016-10-20 at 1.34.50 PM.png

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2016-10-20 at 1.38.31 PM.png attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2016-10-20 at 1.48.28 PM.png

Totally wrong, remove the realtekALC.kext, and the 3 AppleHDA*.kexts, then install the kext you've downloaded with an kextutility to S/L/E. If you use a dsdt.aml or ssdt.aml, search for layout-id and change it to 0, see the code below. Or upload your dsdt.aml and i will change it for you.

"layout-id", 
                        Buffer (0x04)
                        {
                             0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                        }, 

Sorry for the noob questions but this is my first hackintosh.

I think I have everything up and running besides audio. I have some sound with speakers on max volume but its very quiet when it should be deafening!

I have a gigabyte z170x gaming 7 which needs Creative CA0132 as far as I know.

Previously I tried Voodoo but that doesn't seem to work properly. After finding this thread I am now trying to have audio working correctly following these instructions as best as I can understand. I think I have removed VoodooHDA but I still have Voodoo-hda settings loader in my launchpad. Any advice how to completely remove it?

Also I tried using putting the kext "AppleHDA.kext 6ch C/Sub no front HP.zipfrom the first page into /System/Library/Extensions but I get error messages saying installed incorrectly for a bunch of files. I used Easykext to install (?) them and the copied into /S/L/E is this correct?

TL;DR can you please help me completely remove voodoo and get sound working at full volume and connected with the volume controller?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my vagueness as I am still trying to learn.

I think I have removed VoodooHDA but I still have Voodoo-hda settings loader in my launchpad. Any advice how to completely remove it?

I think it doesn't matter if the settings-loader is there, remove it from the program folder. Also search for applehdadisabler and remove it.

I used Easykext to install (?) them and the copied into /S/L/E is this correct?

I don't know how easykext is working, but if that app does also repair permissions an rebuild the cache then it's ok. Only /S/L/E is correct.

I thought this is the easiest way to fix your audio. All you have to do is: outgoing from an untouched system, replace the AppleHDA.kext @/S/L/E and set the layout-id to 0 repair permissions and rebuild the cache, you can check the layout-id with system-profiler, see picture @ post #8 (Audio-ID: 0)

From a fresh install, i drop applehda into easykext. It says it has rebuilt permissions and kext. I place it in S/L/E. Make sure id is 0. Reboot and nothing happens. Sound is greyed out with no output devices. Any help?

Do you use Sierra 10.12.1 ?, right now i've tested the kext @ Sierra and it doesn't work. It seems that i have to update those kexts.

Ok assume i have a fresh install of sierra 10.12 help me get audio working in a step by step tutorial.

My set up is:

Motherboard: Gigabyte z170x Gaming 7

CPU: Intel core i7 6700k

Graphics: Gigabyte GTX 960 Gaming 1 4gb

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series F4-3200C16Q-32GVKB 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4

Storage: Corsair Force Series LE 240GB SSD

I have tried everything i can find. I have reinstalled over 30 times. I cant get audio working! Please help me!

Hi wern apfel. Please can you post a 10.12.1 kext with the layout of post #319 ?

AppleHDA.kext_10.12.1_Alienware.zip

Ok assume i have a fresh install of sierra 10.12 help me get audio working in a step by step tutorial.

My set up is:

Motherboard: Gigabyte z170x Gaming 7

CPU: Intel core i7 6700k

Graphics: Gigabyte GTX 960 Gaming 1 4gb

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series F4-3200C16Q-32GVKB 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4

Storage: Corsair Force Series LE 240GB SSD

I have tried everything i can find. I have reinstalled over 30 times. I cant get audio working! Please help me!

I don't think that it makes any sense to install Sierra over and over again, the used method matters. Upload your DSDT.aml and SSDT.aml, also save your ioreg with ioregistryexplorer and attach it here.