Clover kext injection fails in beta4

26 posts in this topic

Clover kexts injection should be used for installation only, not daily use, that's what I have in mind

Its one of the greatest clover features, defo nothing wrong to use daily.

OSX 10.11 Beta 4 update failed for me using injection (fakesmc in Clover/Kext/10.11). Moving that and the network into the /S/L/E resulted in successful install and booting.

You should move your kexts to /Library/Extensions/ and stay out of /System/Library/Extensions/
  • Like 2

If the kexts are unsigned and you are using stock boot.efi, yes.

By the way, Rootless Kext Management is in, checks Entitlements.

The call to __ZN12IOUserClient21copyClientEntitlementEP4taskPKc returns an OSBoolean. It is either NULL or kOSBooleanFalse.

copyClientEntitlement returns whether or not the given task is entitled to a certain action, in this case 'com.apple.rootless.kext-magagement'. Good question why the task is not allowed to manage kexts when the injected ones are loaded, but when the ones from the system locations are being processed. Is the thread that processes the injected kexts different from the one processing the system kexts?

Edit1: It seems to be a pointer to IOService::gMetaClass. (Nevermind)

Edit2: When that entitlements function fails it outputs the first error message about linking and jumps to a location only a few instructions away from the 'Failed to load executable' log, where it definitely fails, as previously the Status was set to an error code and it's checked after a function call. When it's non-zero, the message is output.

Edit3+4: Post refreshed.

• Like 5

Ignore this, all this time I had my "rootless" argument set as rootless=1, loll someone is in dire need of sleep.....

So how did you guys get to work your internet kexts? FakeSMC is loading, but I can't get network kext to load, tried RealtekRTL81xx.kext, which always worked, now it doesn't, so tried Maze's RealtekRTL8111, it isn't working either....

Tried booting into recovery partition and fixing permissions, removing caches, running Touch and update-volume commands, no luck, only FakeSMC is loaded, that's in S/L/E, because in L/E nothing works.....

Also have both boot arguments kext-dev-mode and rootless=0 set...

I get the MissingBluetoothControllerTransport error, which means that the graphics somehow is altered in the Beta 4. I am on a HD4000 chip so I dont understand what to do... Even removing graphic kext or using various bootflags won't make me pass this error. Any of you who have experienced that everything worked in beta 1-3 but not in 4?

I get the MissingBluetoothControllerTransport error, which means that the graphics somehow is altered in the Beta 4. I am on a HD4000 chip so I dont understand what to do... Even removing graphic kext or using various bootflags won't make me pass this error. Any of you who have experienced that everything worked in beta 1-3 but not in 4?

scorekaj22,, you need to move FakeSMC and third party kext into S\L\E or L\E :D

Does a cache rebuilding necessary when putting kext in L/E like in S/L/E ?

For Me  

sudo touch "${3}/Library/Extensions/"

Edit ***
Yes thats triggers a Cache rebuild

Whats so funny?

#19 and #20. But mostly #19.

Because the way it was written implies: "I don't have to rebuild cache, I only touch /S/L/E".

Of course, touching /S/L/E triggers a cache rebuild (it is Apple's documented way to trigger cache rebuild).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! have problems with kext injection((( Please guide me, where i made a mistake:

1. after update to beta 4 i moved fakesmc (and other kexts like ethernet and hdmiaudio) to s/l/e and s/e and added "Crsblablabla 0x67" in Clover's Rtvariables.

2. to boot system i have to do in recovery:
  chmod -R 755 /Volumes/"Name of your OS X 10.11 partition"/Library/Extensions

chown -Rf 0:0 /Volumes/"Macintosh SSD"/Library/Extensions
 chmod -R 755 /Volumes/"Macintosh SSDn"/System/Library/Extensions
 chown -Rf 0:0 /Volumes/"Macintosh SSD"/System/Library/Extensions
 touch /Volumes/Macintosh SSD"/System/Library/Extensions
kextcache -Boot -U /Volumes/"Macintosh SSD"
3. But i cant boot again and have to run these stings in recovery terminal every time before i start El capitan. and none of my 3rd party kext are working with this (it only fixes fakesmc)

Question: Why i need to rebuild cache every time? or maybe its because i use kextulility(last version)

(sorry for my bad english)