1215 replies to this topic

bill2502

bill2502

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Yeah. I imagine that.

But the pen drive installation works with this. 
Only the USB ports doesn`t work when I boot from the HD.

In fact, I am trying everything to make this work.

Also, my Clover installation says that version is incompatible with the system I am using to generate the pen drive (VMware on Sierra).

Rockey12

Rockey12

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts
  • Interests:no comi

you are missing   AppleACPIPlatform.kext in your clover folder 

http://www.insanelym...tion/?p=2475176

use these files and report back

bill2502

bill2502

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Rockey12, I got regular KP on Clover boot with this file inside Clover.

Now I will stop to try on Sierra and begin to try High Sierra. Is more logical.

The sad thing is this Z800 have an awful initial boot time. 25sec to the bios screen.
:P 

Rockey12

Rockey12

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Sorry guys my hp z800  bios is corrupted   :poster_oops:       and now i'm on fujitsu celsius r670  :shock:

pohutakawa

pohutakawa

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Hope someone can help you out there Rockey12!

For those interested in upgrading from 10.12 to 10.13 in place (no USB stick needed), here's my recipe for the Z800 and Z400.

I chose to give APFS a go on the Z800 with the Samsung EVO 850 primary drive since others had reported it was working ok.  I'd previously run trimforce enable and left it in place.  It seems happy enough at this stage, boots fast and system generally responsive.  Same impression with the Intel 320 SSDs though time will tell.  APFS + SSD makes for a more responsive GUI on both these boxes I found, similar to my MBP.  Other 3rd party SSDs may have issues, you'll need to do your own homework there.  If this is a concern, there are instructions elsewhere on launching the installer to skip APFS and keep HFS which you could add in below.  By default the installer will only convert your system SSD.

I made an image backup of my SSDs first in case I need to revert to HFS+ from APFS.  I would recommend doing the same.  This was the longest part of the process.  I used dd & xz from System Rescue CD to bounce image file dumps to an external USB HDD, any reasonable full imaging method should work.

- Download "Install MacOS High Sierra" from App shop
- Use ESP Mounter to mount EFI partition

- Copy existing EFI folder to desktop
- Download latest Clover & run it
- Choose system volume
- Press Customise - choose "Install Clover in the ESP" if you have an ESP partition (check for EFI partition with 'diskutil list' in terminal).  Clover should remember your other settings.  Then install it on the system's boot volume.

- Copy your kexts (all my relevant ones were and are in 'kexts/other') and config.plist from Desktop/EFI to the new EFI/CLOVER.  Also if you have one CLOVER/ACPI/Patched/dsdt.aml to the new EFI as well.
- Right click and open contents of /Applications/Install High Sierra/and mount SharedSupport/basesystem.dmg then copy /usr/standalone/i386/apfs.efi to new EFI/CLOVER/drivers64 (for legacy boot, appropriate for Z800 and Z400) and EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI for newer boot (or just copy into both)

- Unmount basesystem.dmg

- Export any ZFS pools
- Run the installer.  It will say it needs to install firmware...let it do its thing.

- Choose your usual MacOS volume in Clover when it reboots

- When it reboots the second time, choose MacOS Installer in Clover, log in, the installer will pop up in a few moments, click through it as usual...
- Next reboot ignore the two 'preboot' options and choose MacOS

- Nvidia web drivers will prompt to download an update, do so and reboot
- You should be right from here.  Install at will latest ZFS, MacPorts, what-have-you &c &c.

Hope this helps someone.  I'm finding APFS on SSD makes a noticeable and pleasant difference.  Cheers!

MacPeet

MacPeet

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Sorry guys my hp z800  bios is corrupted   :poster_oops:       and now i'm on fujitsu celsius r670  :shock:

Need some help to the get sound 

Audio codec .    Realtek ALC663   Desktop Version

try this:

Attached File  trial_Lilu_AppleALC_ALC663_v1.zip   846.25KB   5 downloads

I have configured:
Attached File  663.png   70.88KB   0 downloads

Speaker (LineOut back) and HP (front) in switch mode
Mic front
Line in back
SPDIF orange

LayoutID 11 (0B)

with DSDT: 0B in DSDT / HDEF
without DSDT: inject 11 in config and FixHDA

Rockey12

Rockey12

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts

MacPeet

Du bist einfach der beste mein freund  ich danke dir  vielmals für die bemühungen :king:  :king:  :king:

MacPeet

MacPeet

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

arbeitet denn alles? Wenn ja, muss ich den neuen Codec noch ins Release eintragen lassen.

PPCnostalgic

PPCnostalgic

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 185 posts

I confirm High Sierra is working fast and stable on my HP Z400. I upgraded from Sierra 10.12.6 running the updater directly from the system, my HD OCZ Vertex 4 256Gb is now APFS and everything is fine.

Attached Files

MacPeet

MacPeet

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

try this:

Attached File  trial_Lilu_AppleALC_ALC663_v2.zip   854.19KB   2 downloads

LayoutID 11 (0B)

with DSDT: 0B in DSDT / HDEF
without DSDT: inject 11 in config and FixHDA

pohutakawa

pohutakawa

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

One good workaround for sound is the $10-20 Sabrent USB audio cards in a stick from fleabay if you just want stereo input and output.  Class compliant so "just works".

Obviously nice to have the onboard sound working properly.

sarvodaya1219

sarvodaya1219

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Trying to install High Sierra on Z 230 Workstation .  Please Can someone give EFI Folder for HP Z 230 Workstation.   I am getting error while formatting the hard disk.  Could not Erase.  

ssprod

ssprod

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Greetings! HP Z600 w/2 x Xeon 5560's/24GB Ram/Nvidia Quadro 600 1GB/MacOS 10.12.3

Desperately trying to get my Quadro 600 working properly. Card is recognized, but artifacts, screen garble and random distortion deems this card unusable at the moment. I've tried another Quadro 600, with the same results. I see that Clover Configurator has tables for NVCap values, as well as well as EDID injection, however I haven't tried these methods as of yet. Any assistance on this issue would be much appreciated! Thanks. 

cheyenne803

cheyenne803

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

@ssprod

Greetings! HP Z600 w/2 x Xeon 5560's/24GB Ram/Nvidia Quadro 600 1GB/MacOS 10.12.3

Desperately trying to get my Quadro 600 working properly. Card is recognized, but artifacts, screen garble and random distortion deems this card unusable at the moment. I've tried another Quadro 600, with the same results. I see that Clover Configurator has tables for NVCap values, as well as well as EDID injection, however I haven't tried these methods as of yet. Any assistance on this issue would be much appreciated! Thanks. 

what all edits have you compiled with your dsdt? i have a friend whos card wouldnt work properly until he compiled the correct dsdt and ssdt. What youre describing is something ive only really seen from either the card overheating or the card not getting enough power.

ssprod

ssprod

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

@ssprod

what all edits have you compiled with your dsdt? i have a friend whos card wouldnt work properly until he compiled the correct dsdt and ssdt. What youre describing is something ive only really seen from either the card overheating or the card not getting enough power.

Thanks for the post! I’ve done Rehab’s general patches, but none specific to Graphics. Where would I find those? Thanks again.

pohutakawa

pohutakawa

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Another update.  I got a Kingston NVMe SSD on a PCIe card adaptor for the Z800.  This won't boot from the BIOS, but happily you can just put Clover on a USB drive (as per http://www.insanelym...e/#entry2005139) or small SSD, tell it to install the NvmExpressDxe-64.efi driver, then the usual kexts/apfs.efi/dsdt/config.plist transfer to the matching directories in the USB drive's EFI folder.  Then Clover, booted from the small drive, will find the NVMe volume and allow booting from it.

Was very happy to see HS boot and install cleanly onto the NVMe.  Fed the fresh install my Time Machine backup when prompted and life is even better.  Benchmarked with Blackmagic, writes around 1.2GB/s, reads around 1.5.  PCIe 2 chokes it a little bit but it's a totally worthwhile upgrade.

The EVO 850 already plugged into onboard SATA 2 was clocking 260/270 MB/s so it's a big boost.

I also added a Syba combo USB3/SATA3 PCIe x4 card, OS recognised it automatically, and the EVO (now a supplementary drive) clocks 370/390, so that was worthwhile.  The USB3 shows good speed increases with a matching thumb drive too, so pretty happy with this lot to beef up the ol' tank.  Will post back if any issues come up with the card but first impression is good.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hp, z400, z600, z800, yosemite, 10.10, dsdt, 10.11, el capitan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy