Nvidia Web Driver updates for El Capitan (UPDATE 01/20/2017)

nvidia web driver updates el capitan 10.11

• Please log in to reply
665 replies to this topic

cuthead

cuthead

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 573 posts
  • Interests:PMheart

Apple killed NVIDIA.

Yep, thats "normal", always because Nvidia use that stupid OS version check (inNVStartupWeb, as fixed .plist entry) which make taht kind of trouble - even the "old" driver would run perfekt.

For me, which can also use Apple Drivers (with Kepler GT 740) it is bad, that after updating system (OS version changes) it does NOT use the Apple drivers, the OS try to use the Web drivers,

they fail and an endless loop of blackscreen with the running apple wheel , short before the desktop would come up, starts.

The way how Nvidia implemented the drivers in case of not fitting system version is not intelligent - better would be if the driver "sees" wrong OS version, it boots up in safe mode.

So the user can change or update something insted of black screen/ bootloop.

fantomas1

fantomas1

InsanelyMacaholic

• Supervisors
  • 4,297 posts

Guys, please stay focused on the OT - Thank you for your understanding.   ^_^

Best Regards

ezsolt

ezsolt

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Can you test this instead of editing the kext?

does this kext work in /L/E ?

And no patching is needed in the original apple kext?

Blaggah

Blaggah

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

The issue I'm having with latest drivers is that it doesn't stick.. Upon every boot, it's on the OS X default graphics driver. Can't get it to stick even though nvda_drv=1 in config.plist and so is Nvidiaweb is ticked under system parameters. How do i get it to stick on WebDrivers upon every boot?

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Retired
  • 3,075 posts

First check if which driver is really loaded/used. Using nvda_drv=1 with newest chameleon (features Webdriver usage like Clover) works.

But Nvidia Prefpane always shows OS X drivers used, even Nivida Web drivers are in use!

My WebDriverCheck tool shows what is really used - Web oder Apple driver.

http://www.insanelym...webdrivercheck/

Also try to update prelinked kernel - sometimes thats the problem.

ezsolt

ezsolt

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Did you try EmuUEFIvariable.efi?

The issue I'm having with latest drivers is that it doesn't stick.. Upon every boot, it's on the OS X default graphics driver. Can't get it to stick even though nvda_drv=1 in config.plist and so is Nvidiaweb is ticked under system parameters. How do i get it to stick on WebDrivers upon every boot?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nvidia web driver, updates, el capitan, 10.11

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2016 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy