Clover Problems and Solutions

ErmaC
3,206 posts in this topic

VS2013x86

64bit compilation success

32bit stops with error

UefiApplicationEntryPoint.lib(ApplicationEntryPoint.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __ftoui3

Yeah, I saw which you were building with and I was also using that but I have VS Pro 2012, 2013, 2015, and 2017.  You'll have to write that function __ftoui3 in MASM assembly, probably can add it to ftol.asm that I already added, or add another source like that and only built by MSFT. I wonder why you are getting different results than me... The problem with nasm is because you didn't define NASM_PREFIX to be wherever you have nasm, it defaults to cygwin binary directory. Also apparently that path needs to end in a \, which it doesn't seem to in the script so why the weird name. Although do you have a quote at the beginning and not the end of CYGWIN_HOME?

Hmmm.... it seems that the problem is with the patches for edk2. If I don't use them then it works. It seems to be a problem with the commit of edk2 I was using so I went back, seems to work now. Unsure how you are getting that __ftoui3 call... I am not...

EDIT: You should remove your build folder and see if you get something different. I see no reason why ApplicationEntryPoint would be using a float... Maybe it was a different source in clover?

Edited by apianti

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

OK, and what will be the procedure?

We have to create new community (Clover for example) and add here registered developers?

And what about project synchronization?

6 hours ago, Slice said:

OK, and what will be the procedure?

Do you need all the history?

6 hours ago, Slice said:

We have to create new community (Clover for example) and add here registered developers?

You have to send an invitation to all your collaborators, that must have a github account.

6 hours ago, Slice said:

And what about project synchronization?

You can just use the powerfull 'Github Desktop' in both Windows and Mac.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Zenith432 said:

What for?  Just use git-svn.

BTW, there's a new edk2 tag edk2-stable201908, but I cannot sync it publicly because it conflicts with UDK2018 in the main Clover tree (outside Patches_for_*).

Why not making it just Patches_for_EDK2 and delete Patches_for_UDK2018?

Because Slice wants to keep using UDK2018 forever, so I synced edk2 until the March 2019 tag when all differences were still contained in Patches_for_EDK2, but later it diverged, and now the Clover tree outisde the Patches has to be changed to work with latest edk2, and that breaks UDK2018 build.  Also, edk2 have removed some modules that Clover uses, so I put them back locally, and they also need to be moved into the Clover tree.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, cecekpawon said:

Sergey, I would like to suggest to start forking choosen edk tag / branch and applying full maintained patches there, like Acidanthera audk. Archive old sources like Tiano edk2-archive. Seperate main app, drivers, tools, theme into each repo.

Can you do this by yourself? I will give you an access.

I am not sure if I want to keep both projects in sync automatically. May be it is really better to start new life taken latest Clover codes.

Time to time I will manually synchronize them, may be no...

Maybe we can create CloverEdk as a start. The idea would be as follow:

The repo for CloverEdk will contain 3 branches:

- master: upstream
- UDK: 2018 last
- Stable: edk2-stable201905 tag (edk2-stable201908 tag broke so many things with some of my projects, idk it will affected to Clover / not)

All patches of each branch will provided by Zenith as usual / others.

Sure, I would like to help. But Zenith / maybe you / others could also fetch, applying supplied patches and push to each remote branch.

I believe its hard to maintain all of 3 branches. But if it could be useful for some projects based on / to work with CloverEdk, why not?

Edited by cecekpawon

UDK is dead, why do you seek to keep it around? There already are and there will be more breaking changes between the deprecated UDK and edk2(-stable). I'm still not sure what exactly the patches are for, we only have some in the pipeline for UEFI Shell usage

I uploaded Clover sources and include EDK2 some modules inside. This way not Clover is inside EDK2 but EDK2 is inside Clover and build rules must be updated.

dsc and fdf are already updated.