ErmaC
3,206 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Zenith432 said:

Another issue:

The files

Conf/.cache

Conf/BuildEnv.sh

Conf/target.txt

should not be committed to the respository because they have local paths and build options and are generated by various tools.  In edk2 these files are not committed, they're .gitignore-d.

right!

11 minutes ago, Zenith432 said:

You can get the 7-character short hash for a git object with

git describe --always <commit>

or

git describe --always  (acts on HEAD by default)

Is not human understandable, in sense of old or new revision. It already show in the buildme script:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
buildme Beta, Clover v2.5k r0000 (SHA: 88fc653)
Remote SHA: 88fc653

@Slice, is the SHA1 ok for you as a revision?

20 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

git rev-list HEAD --count 

This command is run on the local repository, and will count the number of local commits, not the number of commits in the remote repository.

There is something called shallow clone in git

such that

git clone --depth=5

will only clone the newest 5 commits

and similarly

git pull --depth=5

git fetch --depth=5

In edk2 for instance I usually only keep the commits since the last tag.

Edited by Zenith432

I don't know. May be use both, manual revision (or version like 2.5070) + SHA.

I seems banned from sf.net. I can checkout but can't commit

svn: E170001: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: E170001: Authorization failed

I see on site I have full access, admin+rw. I checked my keychain, I looked .subversion folder. I see nothing related.

I booted into second system, 10.13.6 but same message. WTF?

9 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

try:

svn commit --user slice -m "commit description"

or whatever is your account name

The problem is not here

Dell:Clover sergey$ svn commit --username=slice2009 -m "include headers into inf files"
svn: E170001: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: E170001: Authorization failed
Dell:Clover sergey$ 

But when I cd to old folder under UDK2008 then I can commit. Something wrong with .svn

FWIW, I commit using svn+ssh:// protocol, and I use private key, not username+password.

To use private key, login to sourceforge account on the web, goto account settings->ssh settings and upload your public key.

Put your private key in ~/.ssh/id_rsa.

AFAIK, it is possible in sshd to block logging in using username+password and allow private-key login only, but you committed 2 days ago and I doubt that's changed.

The commits 5065-5070 were  done using git svn dcommit or svn commit.  Nothing administrative.  They're large, but I checked the repository using sourceforge ssh access, and everything appears to be in order.

Try cleaning all the files in ~/.subversion/auth to have them recreated.

If all that fails, it's a server-side problem so open a ticket with sourceforge tech-support.

Edited by Zenith432
  • Like 1

I committed 5071 from UDK2018 folder....

I deleted all files except .svn and then make svn up. They are restored from 5070.

Then I made my changes and successfully committed.

But from folder EDK2 where I got svn checkout ... I can't commit.

4 minutes ago, Slice said:

I committed 5071 from UDK2018 folder....

I deleted all files except .svn and then make svn up. They are restored from 5070.

Then I made my changes and successfully committed.

But from folder EDK2 where I got svn checkout ... I can't commit.

Are these UDK2018 and EDK2 folders both on same account with same ~/.subversion??

If you can commit from one and not the other then the Clover/.svn folder under EDK2 must have local corruption.  It's the only possiblity. 

Edited by Zenith432

5 minutes ago, Zenith432 said:

Are these UDK2018 and EDK2 folders both on same account with same ~/.subversion??

If you can commit from one and not the other then the Clover/.svn folder under EDK2 must have local corruption.  It's the only possiblity. 

Exactly.

@vector sigma

buildme script on github mostly works but can't generate pkg

========= Translating Resources ========
/Users/sergey/src/Clover/CloverPackage/package/../../../opt/local
Updating 'en' strings file for CloverUpdater... <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>com.apple.ibtool.errors</key>
	<array>
		<dict>
			<key>description</key>
			<string>Interface Builder could not open the document MainMenu.xib" because it does not exist.</string>
		</dict>
	</array>
</dict>
</plist>
Generation failed. Not extracting locale strings from source XIB file
Updating 'en' strings file for Clover Preference Panel... <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>com.apple.ibtool.errors</key>
	<array>
		<dict>
			<key>description</key>
			<string>Interface Builder could not open the document CloverPrefpane.xib" because it does not exist.</string>
		</dict>
	</array>
</dict>
</plist>
Generation failed. Not extracting locale strings from source XIB file
Updating strings file for Clover Preference Panel... done
stat: ../CloverUpdater/CloverUpdater.strings: stat: No such file or directory
stat: ../CloverPrefpane/CloverPrefpane.strings: stat: No such file or directory
po4a-clover.cfg:12: The '../CloverUpdater/CloverUpdater.strings' master file does not exist.

make: *** [pkg] Error 2

Did you have success with it?

1 hour ago, Slice said:

Did you have success with it?

yes. I was working in ebuild.sh due to some problems with mtoc and nasm (the code really need an update)

51 minutes ago, Slice said:

Because en.lproj included in gitignore...

yep. We have to ignore only all other and take missing files from sf. I'll do that soon after dinner

Edited by vector sigma

30 minutes ago, Slice said:

I successfully compiled git-Clover and uploaded it to releases. But some questions remains.

Check now, r5072. From now on vers.txt the revision must be written by hand. My question now is: should We add the SHA1 to Version.h so that you will always know for sure from which where the source comes?

Edited by vector sigma

53 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

Check now, r5072. From now on vers.txt the revision must be written by hand. My question now is: should We add the SHA1 to Version.h so that you will always know for sure from which where the source comes?

Good idea!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, vector sigma said:

svn changes revision every commit. But we can change vers.txt only when functionality changed. I think it will be better. SHA1 will be changed every commit.

14 hours ago, Zenith432 said:

I resolved my issue using my old Clover/.svn folder.  My commit 5064 was made with it. So I have to propose yout commit 5063 was wrong.

r5063 was properties-only commit done with svn commit

• removed svn:executable properties from many source files that are not executable but had them.
  • Changed the svn:mime-type on some files to more accurately reflect their type.

If you look at the change on the sf web view of the repository, it doesn't show property changes correctly.  To view property changes you have to do 'svn diff' between this revision and its predecessor.

When you run 'svn update', if there are any conflicts with your local changes it shows you conflicts when doing 'svn status', and you cannot commit conflicted files again before resolving the conflict.  You can commit changed, but unconflicted files.  So maybe you committed in r5064 unconflicted files, but still had other conflicted files.

r5069 is also properties-only commit to remove svn:eol-style and svn:keywords that were put by accident on new files that I checked in.  This was because of some settings I had in my ~/.subversion/config and it turns out git-svn calls svn commands that use defaults from ~/.subversion/config.

• Thanks 1