JochiePiet

71 posts in this topic

Ok.

Check your BIOS settings:

This settings should be enabled in your BIOS
ACPI 2.0 support
ACPI APIC support
Execute Disable Bit (NX bit, XD bit)
HPET support (High Precision Event Timer)
Enhanced Intel SpeedStep
Enhanced Halt State (C1E)
If this options exists, set up this way:
HPET mode: 64-bit
SATA mode: AHCI
Limit maximum CPUID: Disabled

Source: http://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1804

• Like 1

Ok.

Check your BIOS settings:

This settings should be enabled in your BIOS
ACPI 2.0 support
ACPI APIC support
Execute Disable Bit (NX bit, XD bit)
HPET support (High Precision Event Timer)
Enhanced Intel SpeedStep
Enhanced Halt State (C1E)
If this options exists, set up this way:
HPET mode: 64-bit
SATA mode: AHCI
Limit maximum CPUID: Disabled

Source: http://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1804

Most of these setting are not available in my BIOS. The ones that are have been set correctly. I did not mention that in System Preferences is stated " Trackpad not found" .

For a Synaptics Trackpad, I like RehabMan's.  You can get it here:

https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-voodoo-ps2-controller/downloads

Ok.

Use this: attachicon.gifVoodooPS2Controller.kext.zip

But delete your VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext, repair disk permissions and rebuild the cache.

I have tried both suggestions but unfortunately without any success. I have noticed the following:

- removing VoodooPS2keyboard.text, VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext and VoodooPS2Mouse.kext (all of them) does not change a thing. Laptop keeps on working as long as I do not touch the trackpad.

- To install Yosemite I followed the procedure according to Hackingtosh.zone to make a bootable USB stick. If I boot through this stick I can use the touchpad, keyboard and mouse like I should. So the problem is not there. So how can I find out which kexts are in use if I have booted by means of the USB stick? 

Grrrrrrr. Laptop is doing allright now. I did the following:

- removed: VoodooPS2Controller.kext, VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext, VoodooPS2Mouse.kext. VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext was removed in an earlier stage.

- reinstalled VoodooPS2Controller.kext, VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext and VoodooTrackpad.kext (so Idid not reinstall VoodooPS2Mouse.kext)

That seems to have done it. It is a bit unbelievable.

Anyway thanks to Allan and mnfesq I have a fully functioning Mackintosh. Thanks again!

Still I would like to know more about ACPI but have not been able to find a good basic tutorial.

In a couple of days (to see if everything remains working) I will place the configuration in the laptop section.

Topic can be closed as far as I am concerned.

You have USB3 ports?

Yes I do.

Ok, but the trackpad not, right?

The trackpad was working! Now listen and wonder.....:

As said the trackpad was working, mouse and keyboard too. So everything was fine. I rebooted twice, put the laptop asleep and woke it and everything still was fine.

I installed Skype and KODI . Went okay.

I went away from home and when I got back and woke the laptop the fault was back!

I am getting too old for this......

I think what might be going on is that you have the ps2 kexts in Clover loading and they are conflicting with the VoodooPS2 kexts.  Personally, I have removed the Clover PS2 drivers because RehabMan's VoodooPS2Controller.kext is far superior, IMO.

I think what might be going on is that you have the ps2 kexts in Clover loading and they are conflicting with the VoodooPS2 kexts.  Personally, I have removed the Clover PS2 drivers because RehabMan's VoodooPS2Controller.kext is far superior, IMO.

You had me convinced right away. It must be something like this. So I looked for CLOVER and found a map CLOVER. Removed three (?) ApplePSController.kext' s. Also removed : Ps2MouseDXE-64.efi and UsbMouseDxe-64.efi.

Unfortunately it did not do the trick. Thank you so much though for the sensible suggestion. To me it must be something of a driver conflict, perhaps an IRQ conflict.