OS X Yosemite and Mavericks on Asus Zenbook UX32A

leukhin

44 posts in this topic

Yes, thats really strange :-(

Im doing nothing else with the DSDT's...

Need to think about that again...

Im calling you later...

Hey Ramalama. Could you check this files? One guy from russian forum helped me to run Yosemite on my this hardware. Seems that everything is working. But I have filling that it is working not so smooth as your previous setup of Mavericks. At least it shut down no so fast. Maybe you find something interesting here (Clover and kexts files)?

OSX_Yosemite_Zenbook_Clover.zip

OSX_Yosemite_Zenbook_Kexts.zip

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi All!

i install this config and clover for my asus UX31A (i5,4gb,SSD128gb)

All works except sleep mode. Computer going to sleep on one second and return at working mode again.

Can you help me?

Have you replaced Intel wi-fi card?

Have you replaced Intel wi-fi card?

Yes. I replaced wlan on Atheros ar5b9195(bt+wifi) 

bt+wifi works fine on 10.10. On 10.8.3 i have some troubles with bt

Also i have dsdt from other topic where works sleep mode but don't works brightness regulator in monitor config

Solved problem. I can get _DSM from EHC1 and EHC2 source DSDT.aml and puts into your DSDT.

Now i'm trying solve problem with FN keys regulator FN+F5 and FN+F6 and not solved problem with unstable screen image (graphics artefacts) when system starts.

Edited by Centurion2005

Can you give employee files

Also i have dsdt from other topic where works sleep mode but don't works brightness regulator in monitor config

Solved problem. I can get _DSM from EHC1 and EHC2 source DSDT.aml and puts into your DSDT.

Now i'm trying solve problem with FN keys regulator FN+F5 and FN+F6 and not solved problem with unstable screen image (graphics artefacts) when system starts.

asus zenbook ux31a i7 3517u 4 gb ram hd4000 

clover boot

How did you solve the problem graph

How did you solve the problem graph

What problem with graph? brightness regulator corrects by dsdt patch from this topic http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1948-elan-touchpad-driver-mac-os-x/

Can you give employee files

asus zenbook ux31a i7 3517u 4 gb ram hd4000 

clover boot

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/download/353-clover-asus-ux31a-dsdtaml/

you give the file you are using clover

Problem with DevicePowerState

Sometimes when you start your laptop.

if you writing on terminal ioreg -l in section AppleBacklightDisplay when starting with artefacts in IOPowerManagement not writing substring "DevicePowerState"=3.

Try remove C2 and C6 states from config.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys,

Just wanted to say thanks a tonne for this. I took some time today and managed the get 10.10 up and running on my UX31 today without any issues. 

Battery life is much better than 10.9.5 was.. so far anyways :)

Hi! Do you have problems with unstable screen image when system starts in 10.10.x? I could not solve this problem.

• 2 months later...

Is this post still alive?

I have the same laptop with almost the same specs.

I have replaced the wifi card and it is working well on Mavericks 10.9.1 dual boot with Windows 8.1 without issues.

Now, I want to install Yosemite (Vanilla install 10.10.3 dual boot with Windows 10 preview.

My hard drive is a hybrid which contains a SSD 24GB (OSX partition) GUID HFS partition.

The 500GB normal disk side is for Windows 10 that is partition into 50GB Windows and the remainder as data both in NTFS format.

I got Windows 10 working but I CAN NOT get clover to install or boot off for the life of me.

I was able to successfully install Yosemite 10.10.3, boot using USB and created a new account.

After the reboot, Clover is not booting in EFI.

Since I am doing Vanilla, I could only boot using GUID so MBR is not a option unless there is a work around.

Not sure what I did wrong, I must be missing a very important step.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thank You...

• 2 months later...

For Asus laptop BIOS, may need manual add the clover efi path on the first time

under bios

Boot> Add New Option Boot - Path for boot option 

enter: \EFI\CLOVER\cloverx64.efi

reboot, and bios should show Clover in the boot menu and you can able to choose this for boot or set it in the default boot, if not try

fsx:\EFI\CLOVER\cloverx64.efi

• 3 months later...