AXLEthernet stop working

sk23

17 posts in this topic

hello

I have a working installation of Mavericks 10.9.4 with clover in UEFI.

I only have this annoying problem that the network card without any reason stops working until I do repair permissions with kext utility (2.5.8) and reboot the computer.

The motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H rev 1.1 http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4318#ov

The correct kext should be AXLEthernet of which I have the version 1.0.2 (64 bit).

I tried to reinstall the kext with kext utility and also to place it inside the EFI / CLOVER / kext / 10.9 with fakesmc but the issue remain.

I tried booting without cache but nothing.

someone can help me?

Thanks in advance

I attach config.plist

Here i can fix that using some settings.

In BIOS i use UEFI+Legacy boot, and ALX run, but if i use only UEFI boot, my ALX don't work too.

We hope the developer fix this, but per hour (for me) this is the only solution.

hello

have u try the kext inside ionetworkfamilly /Plugins from the version u are running ? usually network kext need dependency from the ionetworkingfamilly.kext

then copy to kexts/10.9

good hack

Hello

Allan I've checked and as I thinked, I already have the boot setted to UEFI and legacy.

Artur thank you for the input, but I didn't get very well what I've to do! 

Please can you explain me better! 

thank you in advance

@Allan  yes I've already done it, because is the only way it works.

If  I have the kext only in kext/10.9 network doesn't work. (I already have "inject kext yes" in config.plist).

anyway I always had the ALX in both S/L/E and kext/10.9 and the issue remain... :(

• 2 weeks later...

at first, it's not AXLEthernet but ALXEthernet   :D

and the last version is 1.0.3

Original discussion thread

Zephiris ALXEthernet-1.0.3 release

Mieze's new project

mieze new project doesnt support all chipsets yet and he wont add 

• Could you add support for AR813x and AR815x? Sorry, no, because I used a different linux driver as the code base than Shailua which doesn't support these chips so that it would be too much work to add support for them. so there goes mine but i did update the driver again for my oz and it works oob from bios again