HD4000 Graphics Acceleration Mavericks

v8558

8 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am somewhat new to this. My build is a Gigabyte GA B75m d3h, and I have an i3 3245 with HD 4000 graphics installed on it. I want to use integrated graphics, and have gotten to the point that the kext loads in Mavericks, and is recognized as "Intel Graphics 4000 with 1024 MB". However, the graphics are still really choppy, and I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi, I really need help with this, I have tried countless times, and installed many times with MyHack. I cannot boot into the system, because I get the IOBluetoothHCI controller missing error, and then DRMStatus error. When I boot in with safe mode, my system info shows that I have an Intel HD 4000 GPU with 1024 MB. How can I get to boot normally?

All help is appreciated.

You told before, that you was able to boot to the GUI. Have i understand it correctly? If yes, then your GPU driver works. The choppiness can be a symptom of the CPU Power Manager problem. It means maybe you need an own SSDT, or your bootloader can generate the P and C states for you.

How to check your P and C states:

- Boot to the GUI.

- Install the IntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext (you can found it in the attachements.)

- Fix the premissions with KextWizard (google it, it is handy)

- Reboot.

- Run something CPU power hungry (3d game, a CPU benchmark, or something like this)

- Open Your Terminal and run this command:

cat /var/log/system.log | grep "AICPUPMI:"

It will print an output like this:

Aug 26 20:21:22 YOURCOMPUTER kernel[0]: AICPUPMI: CPU P-States [ 8 12 13 16 17 18 19 20 22 25 27 ]

If You can see many numbers at the end of the line, then your P-States generated correctly. If you see just 1 or 2 number, then you need to correct your SSDT or set your bootloader to generate it on the fly for you.

AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext.zip

Thanks for the info.

I was able to get to GUI at one point, but now I cannot, and get stuck at iobluetoothhcicontrollerstart error. Is there any way to get back into the system with proper graphics?

Edit: I am able to see the 1024 MB of ram for the intel hd graphics 4000 when I am in safe mode, but i can't boot into normal mode

Thanks in advance.

Does anyone else have any ideas about this? I have tried all the values of IntelCapriFB. When I boot into safe mode, I see the the 4000 kext and the CapriFB kext are loaded, but not the IntelFramebufferSNB kext. In safe mode, it shows that I have 1024 MB of video ram for the 4000. However, I get stuck at the [iOBluetoothHCIController] start error when I try to boot in normally. I have been trying everything for days and have had no success.

Thanks for any help