iMessage & Facetime is not working

hafudo

117 posts in this topic

I checked from your link and this is what come up (see pic below). Should it say that the serial does not come up with any Mac.  What is my next step.

Yes it is a real serial

Mount your EFI and use Clover Configurator to generate an unique Serial, which is not form a real mac!

Leodaniel - Thanks for your help. I created a serial number that did not register as a mac computer. Called up Apple support and am back in my imessage.  Can you outline what kind of things can cause problems with imessage once a person has it working.  Should you be able to log out and log back in successfully?  Besides a full reinstall of Yosemite, what changes can cause Imessage to stop working.  I am using clover. 

Okey, So I can only help you if you are on clover!

If so, first thing to check: Is your Serial a real serial?? Use https://selfsolve.apple.com/ and enter the serial! If you don't get an error, you are using a real apple serial.

This means we will have to change that first: Mount your EFI partition and open the clover config.plist in clover configurator.

Go to the Tab with SMBIOS. Select the little magic wand. There you should choose the most appropriate BIOS for your System (example: iMac (13,2)).

It should generate you some bios. On the right side, above the serial you need to shake the Week of Manufacturer and Unit number to get an unique serial number. 

Click okey and reenter the serial on https://selfsolve.apple.com/ to check if it exists or not. 

Repeat this step until you get an error Message.

Now, on the same SMBIOS page you see an empty field SmUUID. We need to insert something here. For this step, open Terminal and type following: uuidgen

This will generate something similar to this: 3F27761C-B32C-4B6A-91F0-D5DD8B70F691

Copy it and paste it into SmUUID.

One last step is required: We need a unique Board Serial Number!

For this step, just take your unique serial and add Various Numbers/letters (Alphanumeric generator...), so that it is 17letters/digits long!!!

Okey, now that this is done, move to the Rt Variables Section and delete any value if there are some present!!!

Click save.

Now log out of iMessage, disconnect your PC form the internet and reboot (with crossed fingers :D ).

Do it multiple times and check if all your IDs stay the same! If so, reconnect to the internet.

You will need to relogin to icloud and imessage.

Probably you will need to call the Customer Support, when you try to login to iMessage.

If it's so, don't worry!

All you need, is a valid apple Serial from a Real mac. This is only needed to associate your case with a device. Explain, that you get an error while trying to log in to imessage. They will ask your for the Customer-Code (Something like 9378-3847-3904). After that all should work!

Hope it helped you out a bit, did work for me a lot of times.

Greets

Okay, I'm sorry for the late reply, I was trying to solve dual-booting but now it works awesome.

Yes, I am using CLOVER bootlaoder here :) I'm trying out the steps you provided me now :) thanks! I will report to you if anything work well or not :D

UPDATE: A little update after following your steps, I managed to get a Customer Code error and is now calling AppleCare :) thank you very much! It really helps! :D You're awesome :D

• Like 1

Leodaniel - Thanks for your help. I created a serial number that did not register as a mac computer. Called up Apple support and am back in my imessage.  Can you outline what kind of things can cause problems with imessage once a person has it working.  Should you be able to log out and log back in successfully?  Besides a full reinstall of Yosemite, what changes can cause Imessage to stop working.  I am using clover. 

All id Changes are noticed by the system and can block your iMessage, this is why you should always keep the number of times you change them as low as possible! Also when you do a clean Install, I would always disconnect the computer form any internet source until all IDs are created and fix.

What is also a big problem in my experience, is to use a REAL MAC SERIAL! I would NEVER NEVER NEVER use a real mac serial number. This is why you should check it on the selfresolve site form apple and randomise your serial. 

Also there are some problems with some Motherboards, which generate some bad (blacklisted) board serial numbers... this is why I would always enter them, like I explained, into the Config file.

Okay, I'm sorry for the late reply, I was trying to solve dual-booting but now it works awesome.

Yes, I am using CLOVER bootlaoder here :) I'm trying out the steps you provided me now :) thanks! I will report to you if anything work well or not :D

UPDATE: A little update after following your steps, I managed to get a Customer Code error and is now calling AppleCare :) thank you very much! It really helps! :D You're awesome :D

Nice to see that it helped you :)

• Like 1

Hi

Sorry have read this a few times but still have a few questions, please can you help:

1. The serial number shown under clover, should that be a genuine serial from a Mac or a made up one?

2. If the answer to 1 is it needs to be a made up one that cannot be found on the Apple site then do I need a genuine one for when I call apple with the code?

Thank you

Nice to see that it helped you :)

yeah, my iMessage is now working well :D I will provide that method if a friend of mine bumped into the same problem as me :D

Hi

Sorry have read this a few times but still have a few questions, please can you help:

1. The serial number shown under clover, should that be a genuine serial from a Mac or a made up one?

2. If the answer to 1 is it needs to be a made up one that cannot be found on the Apple site then do I need a genuine one for when I call apple with the code?

Thank you

I think I can answer your questions, but you can expect a better answer.. this is according to my own experience and to @leodaniel's steps.

1. It's a made up one, not the genuine.
  2. Yes, you need a genuine serial number and as what AppleCare asked me last night, it doesnt really matter what device (it could be Mac, iMac, iPhone, etc) as long as it's genuine. I think it's for formality and just to make sure that you really purchase Apple Device. If you're LUCKY, AppleCare won't ask serial number, but if not, they will ask. So you can keep a genuine serial number of Apple Device just in case they ask for it :)

Last night AppleCare asked me more than twice of my genuine serial number (which is NOT MINE, found it on google), but in the end they only need your AppleID and Customer Code to activate iMessage :D (been calling them for more than 4 times now and they keep explaining to me they only need those two to activate it)

Thanks you, so can I use the ipad serial if they ask.? I thought it had to be a imac or mac mini one.

It should work with your ipad serial, just tell them your not home and you have uniquly your ipad here... But like justniell said, sometimes they only require an apple id.

• Like 1