SURFACE PRO: How to get iCloud/AppStore to work (GUIDE)

munakib

12 posts in this topic

How to get iCloud/AppStore (iMessage&Facetime) to work

• Step 1, you will need to download Nullethernet (https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-null-ethernet/downloads/RehabMan-NullEthernet-2014-0123.zip)
  • Download and install Clover Configurator, once you start it, it should ask you if you would want to view the EFI folder
  • Go into Clover Configurator>SMBIOS>Generate a new Serial Number using the magic wand icon, copy paste the number into your customer config file inside the EFI folder, Do not make CloverConfigarator save it or else it will ruin your existing config file.
  • Delete all existing wifi/ethernet preferences you had setup on your network plane (in system preferences)
  • Install both the Nullethernetinjector.kext and Nullethernet.kext ( which is located inside the "release" folder of the zip file) from the downloaded zip using any kextinstaller such as the one you used to fix your audio I presume
  • Delete existing "networkinterfaces.plist" from /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration folder. Restart, boot without cache with injectors or whatever in clover.
  • Now go to network preferences, it should setup a new ethernet which says self-assigned and has an orange dot beside it, if you do not see it, just add a new ethernet (with the + sign) and keep the details blank, hit apply, see if that becomes orange with self-assigned written underneath it.
  • Then plug in/install your own wifi/ethernet device. Hopefully after you now log into the internet, you should be able to use AppStore/iCloud/iMessage & Facetime.

*You will notice that the video on Facetime is over-exposed and almost unbearable, you can solve it by downloading and installing the "iglasses" app (select lock exposure)

• Like 3

@all

I just noticed an update available in the Mac App Store named MacBook Air SMC firmware update 1.9. I'm assuming we do not want to install this as it might overwrite fake smc. I just hid the update so I don't accidentally install it in the future.

• 3 months later...
  • Go into Clover Configurator>SMBIOS>Generate a new Serial Number, copy paste the number into your customer config file inside the EFI folder, Do not make CloverConfigarator save it or else it will ruin your existing config file.

Can you expand on this, I think I'm missing something? I don't see a way to generate a new sn in Clover Configurator.

• Go into Clover Configurator>SMBIOS>Generate a new Serial Number, copy paste the number into your customer config file inside the EFI folder, Do not make CloverConfigarator save it or else it will ruin your existing config file.

Can you expand on this, I think I'm missing something? I don't see a way to generate a new sn in Clover Configurator.

So once you start Clover Configurator, on the left hand side, you will SMBOIS section - and within that section there is a small magic wand icon on the right side, click on it and it will let you generate a serial number.

Hi munakib!

tried a few times your How-To but can't get ist working right.

Are there any other requirements that have to be met?

App Store starts correct and also updates can be downloaded and installed, but every time i try to install a app (tried only free apps) the App Store tells me that my system or my computer can't be verified.

thx
Mario

Edit:

Found the issue.

I have to copy the dsdt files to closer to get the correct eth0 device for verification.

I Used the one from v0.4 Re-Pack

Edited by sandman01
  • Like 1

Hi henryxin008!

I did the job with the clover configurator.

When starting the configurator it automaticalli searches for the config.plist file.

the config file ist stort in your boot partition where you have installed the clover bootmanager. (/EFI/Clover/config.plist)

You can manualy edit the file and copy&past the generated serial number into the right code line or you can load the config.plist into Clover configurator and let the configurator save the file after generating the serial number. (what I did)

- So open clover editor and load the config.plist from /EFI/Clover

- in the section SMBios let the configurator fill out the serial number (choosing the ost suitable system for you and let the configurator set random Manufacturing dates,...)

- close the configurator and let them save the config.plist file with the modified serial information.

you can x-check if the info is stored properly if you wish.

just reopen clover configurator and reload the config.plist

go into the SMBios section ang see if the generated serial was loaded like it was generated before.

regards

Mario

Hi henryxin008!

I did the job with the clover configurator.

When starting the configurator it automaticalli searches for the config.plist file.

the config file ist stort in your boot partition where you have installed the clover bootmanager. (/EFI/Clover/config.plist)

You can manualy edit the file and copy&past the generated serial number into the right code line or you can load the config.plist into Clover configurator and let the configurator save the file after generating the serial number. (what I did)

- So open clover editor and load the config.plist from /EFI/Clover

- in the section SMBios let the configurator fill out the serial number (choosing the ost suitable system for you and let the configurator set random Manufacturing dates,...)

- close the configurator and let them save the config.plist file with the modified serial information.

you can x-check if the info is stored properly if you wish.

just reopen clover configurator and reload the config.plist

go into the SMBios section ang see if the generated serial was loaded like it was generated before.

regards

Mario

Thanks! Will try!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...