• This topic is locked This topic is locked
62 replies to this topic

RehabMan

RehabMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,480 posts
  • Interests:skiing, software, classic cars

It's nice that you see it that way, I could be wrong, but I *think* the majority of scene developers do not agree with you.

It's not a question of what amount is donated or what the salary of your day job is. The line of thought here is that someone else is making money off of work that you and many others did for free, and gave away for people to use. Currently it is my opinion that this is wrong on principle, it doesn't matter how much they make, or that they're claiming that it's just for support.

Still, it's interesting to me that the only developer who's spoken up in this topic is you, and you have nothing against iATKOS receiving donations. :P

Not to worry... they'll be driven out of business very soon by an army of Apple lawyers.

Alessandro17

Alessandro17

Chief of Security

• Administrators
  • 8,338 posts

OK people, I'll remind you of the rule:

Discussion of commercial spin-offs of the OSx86 scene is allowed if it’s to understand their existence, but no discussion of how to use them, nor any support for these commercial spin-offs are allowed as they are not in the spirit of the OSx86 scene.

Fair enough, the OP seems more to be advertising iATKOS rather than informing us.

But to prove that I am not a dictator (I could be, nothing holds the site administrator from deciding as he sees fit. I am also allowed to delete attacks against my person and sanction those who write them) I am going to discuss this matter with my fellow administrators and then let you know what we decide.

Alessandro17

Alessandro17

Chief of Security

• Administrators
  • 8,338 posts

http://www.insanelym...s/#entry1994299

This is what has been decided about the matter

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy