• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

DaMadOne

DaMadOne

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Got my system booting with the latest clover r2525 in UEFI mode. I was having problems where it was a {censored} shoot when I booted with chameleon if it was actually going to boot to the desktop or just hang with a black screen, which was REALLY annoying. Clover seems to have solved this somehow. It's either clover or replacing the AppleSMC.kext with the one from 10.8.4 to get rid of the errors during boot and using the latest FakeSMC that did it. Either way I'm a much more happy camper now.

So now that I have it working properly what would you like from me splice?

EDIT* How can I get a better screen resolution in the loader? I have set it to 1920x1080 but its obviously not doing it.

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 3,202 posts

EDIT* How can I get a better screen resolution in the loader? I have set it to 1920x1080 but its obviously not doing it.

This service depends on chipset and we know how to do on Intel chipsets as we have all datasheets. I don't know what to do with AMD CPU and its chipset.

case 0x0C008086: // 4rd Generation Core Processor Family DRAM Controller

We also know NForce MCP79

case 0x0a8610de: 
      DBG(" NForce MCP79 and similar (PAM 0xC0-0xC7)\n");
      mRegisterValues = mRegisterValuesNV;
      break;      

What else?

DaMadOne

DaMadOne

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Cool. I have an AMD 990fx northbridge and an AMD SB950 southbridge. Both sets are popular amongst high end AMD boards from all major manufacturers. I will do some leg work and find the documentation of them and post it here along with a full darwin dumper dump of my system in hopes that it helps out the clover team.

gils83

gils83

DJ Officiel d'InsanelyMac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,979 posts
  • Interests:le soleil du var et l'informatique

:)

yes but can you do something as simple as the 1050 version that is much friendlier to configuer new version?

I do not really understand these updates that complicate and which result in more bug 1050 version is really good, config.plist is edited easily, system stability is affected, I can start a 990/970 as an old MSI K9 neo v1 NVidia chipset no problem with 2xxx version is not  :(

Edited by gils83, 28 January 2014 - 10:03 PM.

DaMadOne

DaMadOne

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

:)

yes but can you do something as simple as the 1050 version that is much friendlier to configuer new version?

I do not really understand these updates that complicate and which result in more bug 1050 version is really good, config.plist is edited easily, system stability is affected, I can start a 990/970 as an old MSI K9 neo v1 NVidia chipset no problem with 2xxx version is not  :(

I had very minimal problems with the current build of Clover (v2525). Pretty much all I did was disable ALL auto patching. Then I put the kexts that normally reside in /E/E into the /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.9 so that it loads them and was good to go. I am about to upload a file that has my entire EFI folder in it if you would like to look at it.

Slice, I did some digging and found some doc's on my chipset on AMD's website and put them into a zip along with as many dumps and screenshots and any other info that I could possibly think about adding to it, including my entire EFI Folder. Please let me know if you need anymore info and I will do my best to provide it! The zip was too large for insanelymac so I put it up on my owncloud.

CLICK HERE FOR FILE!

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 3,202 posts

I had very minimal problems with the current build of Clover (v2525). Pretty much all I did was disable ALL auto patching. Then I put the kexts that normally reside in /E/E into the /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.9 so that it loads them and was good to go. I am about to upload a file that has my entire EFI folder in it if you would like to look at it.

Slice, I did some digging and found some doc's on my chipset on AMD's website and put them into a zip along with as many dumps and screenshots and any other info that I could possibly think about adding to it, including my entire EFI Folder. Please let me know if you need anymore info and I will do my best to provide it! The zip was too large for insanelymac so I put it up on my owncloud.

CLICK HERE FOR FILE!

Very good number of info! If someone help me to dig inside this...

A question Nr1 is to find some AMD analog of Intel's PAM registers by which some memory regions made read-only. Namely VideoBIOS shadow.

DaMadOne

DaMadOne

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Glad to be of service. Wish I was a coder and could help out.  I did figure out how to get a "better" resolution in the loader. After looking at my debug.log I saw the following

0:313  0:001  Check for VBE
0:546  0:233    0 640x480 attr=3BF - ok, 640x480, working, highest, pref=0
0:561  0:014    1 800x600 attr=3BF - ok, 800x600, working, highest, pref=1
0:573  0:011    2 1024x768 attr=3BF - ok, 1024x768, working, highest, pref=2
0:585  0:011    3 1280x1024 attr=3BF - ok
0:601  0:016    4 1280x800 attr=3BF - ok

I had it set to 1920x1080 in the config.plist but it's not supported so it was defaulting to 800x600. I set it to 1280x800 in config.plist and voila! Its at least a much better resolution... Unfortunately it is still not full screen as I still have black borders around the whole loader.

EDIT* Oh, I've forgotten to mention, the mouse does not work in the loader. I have read that this is a pretty common issue though. It will move around if I click wildly though.. so it's at least seeing some kinda input.

Savva_Mitrofanov

Savva_Mitrofanov

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

On my K15 amd athlon x2 5000+ wrong FSB and bus ratio identification 

if i set manually fsb to 220 mhz , my cpu speed setting to 880 instead of 2860, also if i use standard clover fsb identification it sets 750 mhz and in os x all animation like a rocket

and number of cores is wrong, always shows 1 core instead 2

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 3,202 posts

On my K15 amd athlon x2 5000+ wrong FSB and bus ratio identification 

if i set manually fsb to 220 mhz , my cpu speed setting to 880 instead of 2860, also if i use standard clover fsb identification it sets 750 mhz and in os x all animation like a rocket

and number of cores is wrong, always shows 1 core instead 2

If you give AIDA64 report from windows about the CPU I can look what is wrong.

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 3,202 posts

This is Clover revision corrected for AMD CPU. Test please. 

This is update only. Other files you can obtain from official installer or other packages.

Clover should be installed on FAT32 partition or USB stick.

If you can enter GUI then press F2 and you get /EFI/CLOVER/misc/preboot.log.

Zip and upload here.

If you can boot (custom AMD kernel needed anyway) then make DarwinDumper report (without BIOS) and upload here.

Thank you in advance for the testing.

Attached File  Clover-2633.zip   1.15MB   36 downloads

pico joe

pico joe

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Hi .. again, Slice..

here is mine.., https://www.dropbox....24h/preboot.zip

change CloverX64.efi & Cloveria32.efi .. report with 2 preboot file:  1) original "boot" clover 2618 ...  2) with "boot" from folder 32bit (take time to boot and reach my desktop).  Can't boot with "boot" from folder 64bit

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 3,202 posts

Hi .. again, Slice..

here is mine.., https://www.dropbox....24h/preboot.zip

change CloverX64.efi & Cloveria32.efi .. report with 2 preboot file:  1) original "boot" clover 2618 ...  2) with "boot" from folder 32bit (take time to boot and reach my desktop).  Can't boot with "boot" from folder 64bit

Your link is not working. Can you attach the file to your post?!

pico joe

pico joe

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Your link is not working. Can you attach the file to your post?!

sorry I can't attach file from this forum... i don't know why?? .. but here is the other link hopefully work.. http://cl.ly/0J0C35033H2p

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 3,202 posts

One more variant. 32bit with BiosBlockIO.

I also corrected mistake with core count.

Attached File  Clover-2635-32_BBIO.zip   582.08KB   26 downloads

PS. Choose "More replay options" to see "Attach files". Files must be zipped to be able to attach.

pico joe

pico joe

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Ouch.. How stupid I'am.. :(

here is the report with clover 2635 (but on log see 2636)Attached File  preboot_v2636.log.zip   4.28KB   4 downloads

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 3,202 posts

Ouch.. How stupid I'am.. :(

here is the report with clover 2635 (but on log see 2636)attachicon.gifpreboot_v2636.log.zip

All is good here.

spakk

spakk

If you try to please everyone, then you have certainly forgotten

• Local Moderators
  • 2,029 posts

Hi Slice, now I have installed on one of my HDD Mavericks 10.9 and Clover. As a test kernel I taken the last kernel by KIO.

I've used in this test your last Clover data that you have uploaded.

Now the system stuck in kernel panic, see the image

Attached Files

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 3,202 posts

Hi Slice, now I have installed on one of my HDD Mavericks 10.9 and Clover. As a test kernel I taken the last kernel by KIO.

I've used in this test your last Clover data that you have uploaded.

Now the system stuck in kernel panic, see the image

This panic corresponds to bad patched DSDT.

spakk

spakk

If you try to please everyone, then you have certainly forgotten

• Local Moderators
  • 2,029 posts
What should I do in your opinion? <br />You write I should boot without DSDT.aml. But the DSDT.aml is modified to fit on my system, so far my system ran perfectly with it. Or perhaps I have you misunderstood?

xpamamadeus

xpamamadeus

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 588 posts

What should I do in your opinion? <br />You write I should boot without DSDT.aml. But the DSDT.aml is modified to fit on my system, so far my system ran perfectly with it. Or perhaps I have you misunderstood?

if u have your own dsdt.aml then disable dsdt fixes in config.plist

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy